What Did You do to your Journey Today

guls

Looking at a bug deflector and window visors, stumbled across an auction on ebay where a guy was selling a combo of AVS bug shield and window visors that were used on a showroom vehicle. They sold the vehicle and took these off. Put all new 3M tape and all mounting hardware for the big deflector is included. I won the auction for $55.00. Looks like my first appearance mod is going to work out fine. In store are LED conversion for interior lights, footwell "accent" lighting, nightshaded tails. Also picking up some weathertech floor mats and a rear cargo area mat, door sill guards.....this things going to eat me alive....lol

Looking at a bug deflector and window visors, stumbled across an auction on ebay where a guy was selling a combo of AVS bug shield and window visors that were used on a showroom vehicle. They sold the vehicle and took these off. Put all new 3M tape and all mounting hardware for the big deflector is included. I won the auction for $55.00. Looks like my first appearance mod is going to work out fine. In store are LED conversion for interior lights, footwell "accent" lighting, nightshaded tails. Also picking up some weathertech floor mats and a rear cargo area mat, door sill guards.....this things going to eat me alive....lol

I know exactly what you mean about it eating me alive. Ive had mine for 3 months and Ive dumped well over $1,000.00 into it and im still not done. I just did my interior LED Lighting, it looks great. I also did the license plate lights too. I still need to do the rest of the exterior lighting. Its hard for me to stop.

had the front end aligment done yesterday tires were wearing on the inside and outside edge. have always run 36 -40 psi so wasnt low air pressure. mech said the rear alignment was out a little more than the front were. wasnt pulling to the right or left and have about 59 k on the kumo 17 inch tires and still have alot of tread left in the middle of the tires, but getting close to winter time down here in alabama so guess i need to let loose of $$ for some more tires...

Starting this thread to see what people are doing with their Journeys, any mods, etc.

I installed LED license plate lights today. And am waiting for the Trunk LEDs to come in.

guls

Didn't do any thing to it today but so far have put on chrome mirror caps, chrome door sills, chrome gas cap, chrome step bars, 235/55/19 Michelin Latitude HP tires, hood bug deflector, sunroof air deflector, chrome R/T emblems on each fender, "chrome" edging on the 2 air deflectors and the front valance, "chrome" Buick portholes on each fender, molded front floor mats as well as the rear mat and several other small additions to the car.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Ditto, ordered WeatherTech front mats and the cargo mat; looking forward to those coming in, person at PartsSource said 2 days.

Also got my new steelies & Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 225/65/17 Winters on all four corners. You know, never have I loved steel rims and winter so much . . . have a look . . .

2012-Journey-17-Rims-Winters.jpg

Edited by Isaiah6113

• 2 months later...

I ordered new mud flaps off of amazon for $39.99. I didn't read the listing very well and I didn't realize they were in China. If I knew this from the beginning I probably wouldn't have purchased them. I received them this week. The box they came in was an unmarked box. I opened it up and they were Brand New and the hardware was thrown in the box not even in a bag. Today I went to install them and the fit is great and all the hardware was there. So my first experience with ordering something from China worked out great. I don't think I would do it with an expensive item though.

Had our 1st snow of the year yesterday in West Ga. Was able to drive my Journey for the 1st time in snow. Did great, a lot better than my trucks do. I don't know squat about driving in snow and ice, (other than I hate it) but I seem to have more control with FWD rather than anything RWD.

Thought I'd share, changed the oil, 6 quarts 10w30 Valvoline SynPower, Fram filter, Seafoamed old oil for 50 miles first, and Seafoamed half tank of fuel. wix cabin filter, and K & N drop in air filter. Went to GA to pick up some dogs, highest mpg 26.7, averaged 25.5 mpg.

We love our DJ! Our 4th Mopar, and till this day none have let us down.