The key has left the vehicle

• 3 weeks later...

Just a FYI in case. Even without the key in the car with the warning. You can still drive the car as long as you like. As long as you dont shut it down it will continue to function as if a key is in the inginiton. Just a whole lot of beeping and warning that you dont have it in the vehical.

I understand it will continue to run/ idle without the key fob in the car but Im surprised if it was drivin without the key fob it wouldn't shut down after a certain distance like other push to start vehicles.

Safety feature... Be pretty dangerous if the car just stopped running while you were out on the road. What vehicles do this? Sounds like that would break some sort of safety regulation.

• 4 months later...

if the drivers door is shut with the key outside of the car it will chime on the inside of the car, if the drivers door is left ajar it will not chime,thus not pissing off my wife when i do that. happy wife happy life.......

Please permit a slight left turn...When I leave the vehicle it does not chime. This has resulted in the car running all night. Local dealer says they cannot do anything about it. Any ideas???? Please help.

Thanks, Scott

always turn your car off. problem solved..

Please permit a slight left turn...When I leave the vehicle it does not chime. This has resulted in the car running all night. Local dealer says they cannot do anything about it. Any ideas???? Please help.

Thanks, Scott

As stated, make sure the vehicle is turned off. Otherwise it will stay running. It's not the cars fault you forget to turn it off.

The chime will sound regardless if the door is closed or open. If yours does not chime, the dealer needs to fix it. "We can't fix it" is not an acceptable answer. If they can't figure out, they need to contact Chrysler engineering services and have an engineer figure out the problem.

The chime will sound regardless if the door is closed or open. If yours does not chime, the dealer needs to fix it. "We can't fix it" is not an acceptable answer. If they can't figure out, they need to contact Chrysler engineering services and have an engineer figure out the problem.

No, the vehicle doesn't check for the key until the door is closed again. If you step out without closing the door, it will not chime.

• 2 weeks later...

What I wish the Journey did when the key leaves the car with the engine running is to not allow the vehicle to be taken out of park. Sure someone can still use the manual override someone could also tow the vehicle away.

When I'm out with one of my dogs and I need to go into a store where they are not allowed I always leave the engine running. I'd prefer to use the remote start but it has a 15 minute timeout. BTW, I'm also installing a remote alarm so I know if the inside temperature goes up as a backup incase the engine quits.