Turbo

Jason Smith

Honestly with the price of Calibers these days you'd be better off selling your DJ, buying the Caliber you want and not worrying about anything else. The journey isn't made for people who want something with a manual transmission, or someone who likes to tune their engines. 

• 2 months later...

Well people, it looks like this guy took your advice and sold the Journey.  He only had one post and this thread was it.

Great work by all who gave him the (correct) advice he needed.

I wonder if the guy who bought his Journey became a member?  Hmmmmmm................

mechanical-idiot

why do people always say just buy the vehicle you want? pretty sure a journey and a caliber look and drive completely different.

some people like to mod cars and dont care what it cost.

people like to be different and not have the same car as 10 million other people.

i think a turbo manual journey would be really freakin cool. will anyone ever do it probably not, but if they did, absolutely no one else will have a car like it.

are people not allowed to be unique?

Yes they can be. Thing is, people don’t do any research on what it would take/cost/time to do install a turbo or do an engine swap.  Anything can be done with enough time and money, have yet to see anyone try. The answer to his question would be, yes it can be done but no, have not seen anyone actually do it. Maybe as the platforms get older and someone has one just sitting around collecting dust along with a donor car, someone will give it a shot and create a build thread. In the mean time, the typical Journey owner would leave the DJ for what it is and buy the car they want to have fun with. 

15 hours ago, tjboston5676 said:

why do people always say just buy the vehicle you want? pretty sure a journey and a caliber look and drive completely different.

some people like to mod cars and dont care what it cost.

people like to be different and not have the same car as 10 million other people.

i think a turbo manual journey would be really freakin cool. will anyone ever do it probably not, but if they did, absolutely no one else will have a car like it.

are people not allowed to be unique?

Bunch of negative Nancies here. They consider their vehicles nothing more than "grocery getters". If anyone asks a question about a possible performance mod, there will be immediate posts about how he should not do it and how manufacturer engineers know better, etc...

I for once would love to see people modding their vehicles. It is what you make it to be. If you consider yours a "grocery fetter" and never trying to make it cool, then so be it! I think one can make an impressive ride out a DJ. More power to those people. It may cost a bit of money and may cost more than buying a car with all of the options already installed. But that's not the point. 

Peace. 

i've lowered mine and built custom headlights, and painted the wheels black, as well as a few other little things and it is now a one of a kind journey and the only one in the world that looks like it.  and eventually will get the hypertech programmer for it. will it make it a racecar? no but it will drive and feel better and be a little funner to drive while still having room for luggage, groceries and kids.

just let people do what they want to do without telling them to buy a different car. if we wanted a different car we would of bought a different car to begin with