2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

$250.00 is robbery, plain and simple. A half-hour labor is the most that anyone should pay, and it takes maybe half that time but most dealers have a minimum labor charge. DO NOT pay $250.00 for a reconfiguration please!!

yeah right, $250 is a lot if what I'am getting is just the drl. I could add more to that amount and spend it to somwthing else more valuable.

i would just wait a while and when you take a trip to another town or state go by the local dealership and have them do it.it dosent take but about 5 minutes if the tech knows what he is doing shouldnt cost you no more than 30-50 $$ at the most my dealer did it for free since i bought the car from them of course their was some problems finding a tech that knew how to do it....

Sure, since we're relocating to new mexico. Based on my research cost of living there is far more different here in ny. You know what where I came from is the dealer where we buy the car. I dont know if they know that we buy the car from them since I have no chance telling them by the minute they said the amount of reflashing I just turn my back on them before I lose my temper and make a scene. woosah....

That's just wrong. A minimal fee is ok, but 250? Dealers in our area really suck. mgdj06 please share if you find an honest and reputable dealer in our area that is easy to work with. I have been tempted to activate the DRL on my DJ but I keep talking myself out of it mainly because I want to minimize my interaction with the dealer as much as possible.

Absolutely right, My dj is from bay ridge. here in our it's money talks.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys - a newbie here from Europe. Just bought a Fiat Freemont (DB) with 3.6 V6 Pentastar in it - runs pretty smooth :) Trying to tune it up a bit. I don't have a DRL's even though they are compulsory here (Czech republic).

Could

Journeyman425

Check for me if they could be activated? - VIN (last 8) FT544809

And is it possible to activate front blinkers as a sidemarkers at lest say 20% of intensity?

Thanks a bunch ;)

Edited by shrek

• 2 weeks later...

Priell3 - added your sales code.

Johnnyh - code LMK is not available for me to add on 2016 models. I have a customer with a 2016 Ram 1500 that wants DRL and I can't do it for him either because code LMK is not present in the 2016 code menu. Called four different departments at Chrysler...no answers yet. This happened in 2014 also and it mysteriously came back. I'll try for you again periodically.

Oh dear. I noticed the lack of DRL on my 2014 Journey, but never imagined a thread where this could be looked after!

Last 8 parts of the VIN: ET262525

Is there anything that can be done?

DRLs are mandatory on ALL vehicles sold in Canada.

Remember they are not on when in PARK/NEUTRAL or turned

Off in Uconnect menuing.

Well the service department I dealt with on Monday is either stupid or lazy. I asked to have the work done and this is what they wrote:

CAR NOT EQUIPPED WITH ALL TIME DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS

moparownerconnect.com lists:

• Daytime Running Headlamps, High Beam
  • Remote Start System
Edited by priell3

I am of the belief they didn't put much effort into trying.

after he added my sales code for my journey i took it down to my dealer and had some trouble getting them to understand what needed to be done and then one of the mech heard us arguing about it and he spoke up and said he knew what to do and 5 minutes later it was ready to go.....

• 4 weeks later...

Journeyman425. I'm not sure how all this works sir but I'll ask - Have the DRL codes been corrected for the 16 models? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could look into it for me. I have to bring to dealer in a few days to get the auto headlights feature enabled as well so I'll get this done at the same time if possible.

2016 Crossroad - roughly 250 miles on it - last 8 = GT114289

Thanks,

NutZ

*EDIT**
Disregard above statement, found the DRL in the menu on the 8.4. If you can help with the code for the auto headlamps that would be great.

Thanks

Edited by UltraNutZ

• 2 months later...

It really is a shame that you had to be treated this way. Cars and technology are evolving at breakneck speed these days and to keep up with it all is a dizzying spectre. This, coupled with the wealth of information available to us all on the Internet sometimes makes the customer more savvy than the repair facility in certain respects. Service personnel need to be open minded about these facts and listen to their customers rather than take the position that they know everything and the customer knows nothing. It is a learning experience for both parties. We as dealers have access to some proprietary information regarding the products that is not readily available to the general public. That information should be utilized to verify customer's concerns rather than to refute them, and if necessary, to dispel myths that often crop up in many of these forums so that problems can be readily resolved. There's no room for egos in this business. Hopefully you will find someone at your dealership who will empathize rather than chastise.

Journeyman425 Can you help me enable DRL on my 2013 Journey.? see my post in "DRL Please Read this" thread.http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/6106-daytime-running-lights-please-read-before-starting-a-thread/page-3#entry62286

• 3 weeks later...
Here in the US we have recently begun selling the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the VM 3.0 litre turbodiesel. Very impressive powerplant - 420 lb-ft of torque - more than the 5.7 litre Hemi V8. Smooth, quiet and no smoke at all. It meets or exceeds the emissions standards in all 50 states. It has just become available for ordering in the Ram 1500 pickup. We have a few on order but none have been built and delivered to my store yet.

hey Journeyman425... i am new to the forum and you seem to be the go to man here... just bought a 2016 DJCR+ and i have noticed that i have the DRL option in settings, however when i chose to turn them on, they would not... can you help? if so i will PM you my vin. thanx in advance.

hey Journeyman425... i am new to the forum and you seem to be the go to man here... just bought a 2016 DJCR+ and i have noticed that i have the DRL option in settings, however when i chose to turn them on, they would not... can you help? if so i will PM you my vin. thanx in advance.

be aware that the drl only work when activated AND the car is in gear they dont come on when in park,might want to check that .

• 1 month later...

Journeyman, I followed your postings and took to my dealer. They said it was not possible to enable DRL. When you said the codes went away, I purchased an aftermarket DRL. I had not installed it yet when I saw your later posts that they had been enabled again. Now, too late as they are off again. I have a 2015 Journey SXT FT616614 with 16,583 miles. If the code comes back, please enable. Thanks.

LVLG - I checked tonight and the sales code LMK is still missing from the sales codes menu. However, I checked yesterday for a customer of mine with a 2016 Ram 1500 who wants his DRL enabled and the factory added two new codes to enable DRL - one for HID projector headlamps and one for conventional quad lamps. These were not present as recently as one week ago. So, I'll check again as maybe they might become reinstated soon. Keep your fingers crossed. No one at FCA has been able to provide me with answers as to why these codes come and go.