2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

We just bought the above vehicle and apparently it doesn't come with a daytime running lights. Went back to dealer who says since our vehicle is not profiled for a DRL, they can't associate the sales code with the VIN of our vehicle.

I've read where they can add the sales code but they're saying they can't find a code for our vehicle.

Can anyone help us with this question. Thank you for your response.

In Canada we have to have DRL's, so every Journey has that capability. We've had several forum members that have had the same problem, but it's doable. One of the forum members, Journeyman425 could probably help you. He never sleeps LOL, so he's on the site often so I'm sure he'll be able to help you. We also have DodgeCares (Regina) who monitors this site as well who should be able to help.

Edited by rolly

If you post the last eight digits of your VIN, I will try adding the correct sales code for DRL's. On my 2013 Crew, the Sales Code is LMK. If I'm able to do it from here, then you will have to take your vehicle back to the dealer for what is called a "restoration" which is a process where the dealer's computer scans all the modules in your vehicle, sees the new sales code and enables the feature accordingly. Then all you have to do is enable it in your menu screen on the radio and they will work. You can enable/disable the feature as you wish.

Going to get some shut-eye now, Rolly... :)

If you post the last eight digits of your VIN, I will try adding the correct sales code for DRL's. On my 2013 Crew, the Sales Code is LMK. If I'm able to do it from here, then you will have to take your vehicle back to the dealer for what is called a "restoration" which is a process where the dealer's computer scans all the modules in your vehicle, sees the new sales code and enables the feature accordingly. Then all you have to do is enable it in your menu screen on the radio and they will work. You can enable/disable the feature as you wish.

Going to get some shut-eye now, Rolly... :)

Can this be done for my 2011 as well? I have been to my dealer twice to activate my DRLs but they told me that some "hardware" is not physically in the vehicle and activation is not possible. They told me the same thing twice, so I wrote it off as not possible for my vehicle.

Peace.

RTM - if you take your vehicle to a dealer and have them perform a Vehicle Restoration (reconfiguration), the DRL's *should* now work as the appropriate sales code has been added. See below:

VIN:

3 Dealer Entered Name:Dealer Entered Odometer: 34,000 miles

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL:

Page: 2

Options Report

Dealer:

Date: March 3, 2014 Time: 22:42:29

VIN:

Special Equipment

-

Dealer Installed Option

Code Description

LMKA DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

We just bought the above vehicle and apparently it doesn't come with a daytime running lights. Went back to dealer who says since our vehicle is not profiled for a DRL, they can't associate the sales code with the VIN of our vehicle.

I've read where they can add the sales code but they're saying they can't find a code for our vehicle.

Can anyone help us with this question. Thank you for your response.

This is for journeyman425. I'm sorry didn't get back with you until now. The last 8 digits on the VIN is ET184028 approximate miles is 352. Thank you very much for your assistance.

eakeen2002 -

Bob Allen CDJ is correct - Sales Code LMK for DRL's does not exist in the Options Code database for your VIN. I triple-checked it just to be sure. I see where they added AHT for your trailer tow package. I'm sorry that I'm not able to help you with this. :(

Edited by Journeyman425

Thank you Journeyman. DRLs are finally functional. I can turn them on and off through the touchscreen. Love it. Not sure why you were able to do this and the service department at Melloy Dodge in Albuquerque couldn't accomplish it on two different occasions. Thank you again, sir. You are a hero and a gentleman. If I ever meet you, I'll buy you a beer.

Peace.

:blush: Thank you RTM for the kind words. But you give me too much credit! Adding a sales code to make the DRL's work is a most easy task to accomplish; I cannot understand either why it could not be done for you as well. It takes all of about three minutes, literally. Well, I'm glad it worked and happy to help!

Heineken Light! :)

Thank you for checking.

I'd say the diesel engine gives you a very good, smooth, ride, though I've been driving diesels for the past 15 years so I'm used to them. Diesel engines are quite good nowadays and FIAT ones are the best in class.

I have the 140Hp engine, some say that the 170Hp one (same volume, different software) is the minimum necessary to move this car, but I find 140 are more than enough for my driving style.

There have been complaints about the clutch pedal being too hard, but I don't find it to be the case (and I come from a robotized 6 speed gearbox, so I was not used to using a clutch anymore).

All in all I'm satisfied with both the engine and the gearbox. Now, the software...... ;)

Diesel engines are quite good nowadays and FIAT ones are the best in class.

Here in the US we have recently begun selling the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the VM 3.0 litre turbodiesel. Very impressive powerplant - 420 lb-ft of torque - more than the 5.7 litre Hemi V8. Smooth, quiet and no smoke at all. It meets or exceeds the emissions standards in all 50 states. It has just become available for ordering in the Ram 1500 pickup. We have a few on order but none have been built and delivered to my store yet.

Tried to post a snapshot of the Sales Code Add Option page so you could have a visual of what I'm saying, but it just comes out as random codes and words.

Tried to post a snapshot of the Sales Code Add Option page so you could have a visual of what I'm saying, but it just comes out as random codes and words.

Thank you journeyman425 for your assistance. If you come across anything new on this, please let me know. Again, thank you for trying to assist us.

Thank you journeyman425 for your assistance. If you come across anything new on this, please let me know. Again, thank you for trying to assist us.

I will indeed. I ran your VIN yet again just be certain that I did not miss anything. I'm not finding the common denominator that eliminates DRL from certain models. An SE equivalent is sold in Canada where DRL is mandatory; I just can't see what has changed between the two, or even between yours and mine, for instance. DRL is a soft key option on both 4.3 and 8.4 radios, according to the owner's manual. I'll keep looking.