2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

Thanks for your reply. I took a copy of your instructions for the dealer to enable the DRL and they just wouldn't even talk to me about it. Not possible was the answer. It's not that big of a deal but the wife wants them and misses it from her 2008 Pacifica that we traded in. I'd like to make her happy. I should have looked more closely at the car features before purchasing this Journey which she really likes otherwise. I guess I thought every new car had them. I appreciate your help and knowledge that you are willing to share.

• 1 month later...

Good Evening Journeyman, I am hoping you can help me out, as no one at the dealership seems to be able to. I have been a GM guy my entire life and just purchased a 2014 Journey R/T So far I like it allot with the exception of the daytime running lights not working. My wife drives this with my kids, and I would like all the safety options that are possible on the vehicle to work. Would you be so kind to check to see if you can put the code for the day time running lights for last 8 digits of vin et205773 with approximately 15,500 miles. I do not know if at the same time the code for a trailer hitch could be added, if not no big deal. Thank you in advance for your time.

Bob

Hi Bob -

Checked again tonight for sales code LMK for daytime running lights but it is still absent from my menu of available codes. However, I added the codes necessary to enable power to your trailer wiring. Return your Journey to your dealership and have them perform a Vehicle Restoration which will pick up the new codes and enable power to the wiring. I'll keep looking for you and the others here for LMK to return.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, Journeyman425 said:

Hi Bob -

Checked again tonight for sales code LMK for daytime running lights but it is still absent from my menu of available codes. However, I added the codes necessary to enable power to your trailer wiring. Return your Journey to your dealership and have them perform a Vehicle Restoration which will pick up the new codes and enable power to the wiring. I'll keep looking for you and the others here for LMK to return.

Thank you very much Journeyman, I was under the impression that the code was back after reading some of these posts, I must have misread them.  I appreciate what you have done and continue to do.  Let me know when it pops up please. 

No, you read them correctly. LMK disappeared, came back for a while, and then vanished again - all within the life of this thread. Currently it is MIA and no one at Chrysler has answers for me. I just have to monitor my side of it periodically and report back here if and when things change. 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:22 PM, Journeyman425 said:

No, you read them correctly. LMK disappeared, came back for a while, and then vanished again - all within the life of this thread. Currently it is MIA and no one at Chrysler has answers for me. I just have to monitor my side of it periodically and report back here if and when things change. 

Journeyman, maybe you confirm this for me.  I saw on another site that if the vehicle's zip code is changed to a Canadian postal code that the lights would work since they are required in Canada.  Once this was done and the lights were on, the zip code was changed back to the original one and the lights kept working as intended.   Can you confirm if this is something that works or not?

5 hours ago, bobcats said:

Journeyman, maybe you confirm this for me.  I saw on another site that if the vehicle's zip code is changed to a Canadian postal code that the lights would work since they are required in Canada.  Once this was done and the lights were on, the zip code was changed back to the original one and the lights kept working as intended.   Can you confirm if this is something that works or not?

If THAT works, then maybe switching my vehicle to a US ZIP and refreshing might make my radio support Travel Link . . . . . I have the subscription, but the radio doesn't show the menu items . . . . . .

Edited by bramfrank

This new format is difficult on mobile anyways. On my blacktop I'd like to have the nav available and same with my backup camera I wil be installing.  Do I need a new unit or will these codes enable them after I bring it to the dealer to flash it for me.  How does this work lol. I apologize but not sure what else could be added by codes that my blacktop wouldn't have already??!!

6 hours ago, Cody Chornobey Powley said:

This new format is difficult on mobile anyways. On my blacktop I'd like to have the nav available and same with my backup camera I wil be installing.  Do I need a new unit or will these codes enable them after I bring it to the dealer to flash it for me.  How does this work lol. I apologize but not sure what else could be added by codes that my blacktop wouldn't have already??!!

This, of course has nothing to do with the DRLs that the thread is about but . . . . . .

Adding Nav involves simply swapping out your TGM (FCA's term for the radio module) in your uConnect 8.4-equipped vehicle (I have one available in the for sale section of this board, by the way).  No sales codes are required, though you will need to put in an unlock code (which can be had for free if you know who to ask and ask nicely) and you would need to transfer your Sirius subscription (if you have one) to the vehicle. 

If you don't have an 8.4" display there would be more involved, but even so, unless you don't already have auto-air, no sales codes are required.

Supposedly the wiring for the camera and connection to the radio is present in more recent vehicles, not that I was able to locate it in the back end of the vehicle in my '14.  

Assuming you have the 8.4 inch display, once your camera is installed and connected the dealer simply adds in the code for it (XAC) and it will switch the camera on when the vehicle is in reverse - Unfortunately, the camera will switch off immediately upon shifting out of reverse - it would make more sense if it remained on until shifting to drive or to Park or simply remained on for 'X' seconds after switching out of reverse, something the competition does and which I've suggested to Chrysler a number of times over the years without them doing anything about it.

Edited by bramfrank

Lol I get that it's not in the correct place to ask but this new format page thing sucks.  I have the 8.4 in my blacktop and I had to hatch torn apart last year and wasn't really looking for any wires for the camera at that time.  How much is the one your selling. To lazy to find it on mobile 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:28 PM, bobcats said:

Sorry for the late reply - was away for a few days with my family and I always unplug and fall off the grid when we go on vacation. Anyway, changing the Country Code in the vehicle's body controller enables the DRL on older Chrysler products. That ability basically disappeared somewhere around 2006-07 depending on the model and its wiring architecture. I can do that on my 2000 300M, but the Journey's architecture requires a sales code and vehicle reconfiguration to make it work.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, Journeyman425 said:

Sorry for the late reply - was away for a few days with my family and I always unplug and fall off the grid when we go on vacation. Anyway, changing the Country Code in the vehicle's body controller enables the DRL on older Chrysler products. That ability basically disappeared somewhere around 2006-07 depending on the model and its wiring architecture. I can do that on my 2000 300M, but the Journey's architecture requires a sales code and vehicle reconfiguration to make it work.

Thank you for the confirmation on this Journeyman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Journeyman425.  I just bought a 2015 Journey SXT with Uconnect 4.3 REB and I stopped at the dealer today.  They told me they could activate the Daytime Running Lights, but it would cost $98.00.  I called two other dealers and the prices they quoted were $118 and $139.  All 3 told me that I would have to bring the car in early and leave it for a few hours.  When I came home, I found the post on DRL and saw that earlier this month, you still could not load the sales code.  None of them told me it was not available, but I was not confident in their knowledge.  Since the last post I saw dated August 3rd, is the code available now? 

Also is the amount of money they want appropriate or way too much?  Also I am reading about the trailer hitch and would like that activated too, if it is available, but do not want to pay twice for the code setup.  I will have to check under it tomorrow to see what I have or don't have for the trailer harness. 

Assuming your dealer can actually add the DRL code they SHOULDN'T charge extra for activating the tow package code, since it is one operation for them and they supposedly are a 'time and materials' organisation.

On the other hand, since I suspect that they WON'T be able to add the sales code will they reimburse YOU for YOUR time and costs involved in travelling to their facility because they had no clue and gave you bad information?

Edited by bramfrank

Bramfrank, good point.  If it's not available, I would rather know that before hand.  Also, it sounds like it does not take long to add codes and reset.  But the amount they want to charge for something simple is excessive.  I have not looked up their hourly rates yet, but how long does it actually take? 

It isn't excessive per-se because there is the service advisor's time, the accounting group's time and the overhead of physically operating the dealership, so they have a minimum bill of a hour, presumably.

As long as they can do what they promised and don't charge fully again for the second sales code, it isn't unfair IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if I entry in this thread... I own a Fiat freemont ... the European sister of your car ... I turned on the lights DRL with this software ... "multiecuscan 3.2" .... perhaps you can even do it on your car ... Excuse me if I'm wrong ...

Joined this forum for this exact issue lol just bought a 2014 sxt the touch screen says the drls are on but they do not come on when in gear the last of my vin is ET214149.

Hope i am not too late for them to be checked or added. Thanks for your help in advance