2020 Dodge Journey Arrives this fall - No Changes.

chazmosis

well sounds like it wont last to much longer without the 3.6,,,they must be needing the engines and trans for other platform models...such a shame and for them not changing the shape of the journeys i think is a good idea as always thought it was a sharp looking suv  oh well limit the options and sales go down and then they can justify canceling it

Edited by 2late4u

Makes me think that they are trying to push people toward the Durango, which has not been meeting sales expectations. There are still 2018 models on the lot.

I agree, it's a shame. A 2.4L with a 4 speed? That does not even make sense to be the only offering in this day and age. I sure would not buy one with all of the competition out there now.

Edited by Summer Solstice

What a shame. I was hoping to pass my 15 down to my kid and get a new model next year...NOT if it's a 2.4. Had a dream of a 3.6 AWD with 19" in wheels and a 8.4 screen w/bluetooth. So freakin' disappointed, my DJ has been great for us. Might have to become an EXPLORER on this next Journey (see what I did there).

The 3.6L was one of the deciding factors for settling on the Journey. It remains one of the things that I most like about it. It is smooth and quite during normal operation but has the power to move with authority when needed. The competition that I test drove had 4 cylinders with no 6 as an offering. The result was a rougher idle and noisier operation. The trade-off was better economy. The Journey 2.4L offers no such benefit. The real killer here is a 4 speed transmission that is years behind the competition. Other vehicles, including FCA offerings, are at 8-10 speeds now.

I wonder if FCA, being basically foreign based, is moving to offer an electric version in the future? Don't know but glad I have the warranty on this one. I plan to drive it for years to come.

Edited by Summer Solstice

4 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Are they intentionally trying to kill it? lol

It would seem that they are...friggin dingbats....

2 hours ago, larryl said:

Might as well call it a Compass but with less features and the same money...crazy

LOL!!!!!! So true.

My wife drives a compass trailhawk.   Good little car, but the 2.4 leaves something to be desired.   At least it has a 4x4 transmission and lots of bells and whistles.   The DJ 3.6 is a great crossover that should be improved.  Call it the crossroad and upgrade the design if they don't want to continue the journey name...  Dodge getting out of the crossover business could be a costly mistake.   Sedans are dying and muscle cars are a nitch market.  I love my DJ, but I'd never drive a hemi powered minivan ( aka Durango).  Killing the neon was a mistake, imo. Will killing the DJ be a mistake?  I think so.  We'll see...  

Peace.

12 hours ago, redtomatoman said:

My wife drives a compass trailhawk.   Good little car, but the 2.4 leaves something to be desired.   At least it has a 4x4 transmission and lots of bells and whistles.   The DJ 3.6 is a great crossover that should be improved.  Call it the crossroad and upgrade the design if they don't want to continue the journey name...  Dodge getting out of the crossover business could be a costly mistake.   Sedans are dying and muscle cars are a nitch market.  I love my DJ, but I'd never drive a hemi powered minivan ( aka Durango).  Killing the neon was a mistake, imo. Will killing the DJ be a mistake?  I think so.  We'll see...  

Peace.

Agree with the 3.6 being a great crossover. Also agree with it being a bad move for Dodge getting out of the crossover business, they will lose a ton of money doing it. Calling the Durango a hemi powered minivan hurt...:swear:, It's one of my top 5 vehicles. I never liked the neon, always thought it was a death trap. I rented one a few years ago and it was one of the most ill designed vehicles I've ever had the misfortune of getting. I drove it exactly 2 hours, then called Enterprise and told them I needed to switch to a safer vehicle.

FCA has their head up their butt, but they've got a plan.

I Think FCA's plan is to make the the DJ insufferable (w/ only 4cyl) is that there is 2 years till the release of their new (2022 jeep?Jouney) CUV.

GM did this with their Equinox prior to the Blazer's release, neutering the equinox with a 4cyl 2 years prior to the release of the V6 blazer.

Jeep is their SUV Brand- and the new DJ-esque CUV they've been testing might take on the profitable Jeep badge. make sense, and I'm not upset they want to make money.

Dodge is their Performance Brand (used to be their economy brand in the early 2000's), and makes sense they want their "beefy" Hemi cars, SUV, and truck on this lineup. The DJ make sense in 2008, but doesn't align with the brand message they want to convey in 2020+. 

Chrysler's badge is holding on by a thread; with only their flagship, the Pacifica Minivan (and it's buck-toothed cousin, the Chrysler Voyager). They should have killed this brand when the 300 died- but they needed a family-oriented badge to sell their minivan they spent a lot of money on developing under - seeing as and the other two brands are not suitable for a marshmallow. Maybe the 2022 CUV will be used to bolster Chrysler's lineup? Jeep surely doesn't need more CUV's 

There's probably some FCA guys laughing at my comment.

2 hours ago, NavalLacrosse said:

FCA has their head up their butt, but they've got a plan.

I Think FCA's plan is to make the the DJ insufferable (w/ only 4cyl) is that there is 2 years till the release of their new (2022 jeep?Jouney) CUV.

GM did this with their Equinox prior to the Blazer's release, neutering the equinox with a 4cyl 2 years prior to the release of the V6 blazer.

Jeep is their SUV Brand- and the new DJ-esque CUV they've been testing might take on the profitable Jeep badge. make sense, and I'm not upset they want to make money.

Dodge is their Performance Brand (used to be their economy brand in the early 2000's), and makes sense they want their "beefy" Hemi cars, SUV, and truck on this lineup. The DJ make sense in 2008, but doesn't align with the brand message they want to convey in 2020+. 

Chrysler's badge is holding on by a thread; with only their flagship, the Pacifica Minivan (and it's buck-toothed cousin, the Chrysler Voyager). They should have killed this brand when the 300 died- but they needed a family-oriented badge to sell their minivan they spent a lot of money on developing under - seeing as and the other two brands are not suitable for a marshmallow. Maybe the 2022 CUV will be used to bolster Chrysler's lineup? Jeep surely doesn't need more CUV's 

There's probably some FCA guys laughing at my comment.

I would never get another Jeep, they have gone down dramatically in quality. It makes business sense, what you say about scaling down the DJ, then removing it for the sake of something from their dedicate "SUV" line of vehicles.

And yes, I did LOL at "(and it's buck-toothed cousin, the Chrysler Voyager)"

Edited by km-04

12 hours ago, Appalachian Journey said:

Perhaps it's because CAFE standards go up in 2020 and the Dart is no longer there to lower the average.

True. The Federal penalty for going over under MPG requirements must be mounting up. 18mpg combined is pretty low for a 2020 crossover, IMO.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:00 AM, Summer Solstice said:

I wonder if FCA, being basically foreign based, is moving to offer an electric version in the future? Don't know but glad I have the warranty on this one. I plan to drive it for years to come.

Design Study: Electric Dodge SUV – AutoBison
https://www.autobison.com/2020/05/design-study-electric-dodge-suv/

Maybe some day.

Picture makes nice wallpaper!