When Deer Attack

HawtDogFlvrWtr

New to the forum.. less than 1300 miles (1.5 weeks old) on my 2015 Journey crossroad and a deer literally jumped at the front of my car as I was pulling around a corner the other night.... 3k worth of damage.. funny thing is, my soon to be ex wife just totaled our town and country, so I got this to cart the kids around (that I have sole custody of now) instead of my prius... and this happens.. What a month...

post-10820-0-91369700-1426717030_thumb.j

post-10820-0-06386800-1426717040_thumb.j

post-10820-0-83147000-1426717047_thumb.j

post-10820-0-54688100-1426717055_thumb.j

Edited by HawtDogFlvrWtr

I feel your pain. My 2013 Journey was hit just six weeks after we got it - kid backed into it while we sat in the car. Leaned on the horn but his audio was cranked up so loud he never heard the horn nor checked the mirrors. Not as bad as yours, though - only $1500.00. Hadn't changed the oil yet and only made one payment. It got hit again in December 2014 - lady backed into it while my wife was in the gym, cracked the rear fascia - $1100.00. Two weeks later an 18 year old girl blew a red light and destroyed the whole front end. We hadn't gotten the rear fixed yet! No one got hurt, thank God - $11000.00 damage. My car is a friggin' magnet. You will not have this kind of bad luck!

I hope things work out for the best for you and your children.

yrs ago my brother who lives in michigan out in the country was going home, its on a dirt road so he is going real slow and about 1 block from his house a deer jumps right in front of his new truck takes out the grill and lights so he finally gets it back and within one week as he is going home at the same spot in the road that the last deer jumped in front of him the sides of the road are slight inclines on both sides so he is barley moving and a deer jumps out again only lands on top of his hood and also breaks the windshield and then scrambles off ok. his insurance shot up after that one alot........

I have come close to hitting one, but so far never (Knock on wood). A woman here, a few years back, hit one dead center. The deer went up over her hood and one of the hoofs went through her windshield, hit her in the head and killed her instantly. In your case, I am glad no one was hurt but it sucks with a new vehicle.

I have come close to hitting one, but so far never (Knock on wood). A woman here, a few years back, hit one dead center. The deer went up over her hood and one of the hoofs went through her windshield, hit her in the head and killed her instantly. In your case, I am glad no one was hurt but it sucks with a new vehicle.

Talk about a freak accident.

My sister hit a deer a few months back in my old '05 Cavalier. Broke both headlight mounts, the hood curled up, the radiator bowed (still functional, no leaks at all), and the hood latch was destroyed (no way to release the hood without removing the entire latch). No frame damage, car was drivable immediately afterwards, and the bumper was fine (the nose on that thing is pretty low). I put a "new" hood and headlights on it and replaced the hood latch, car drives as well as it ever did. The hood doesn't match, but she doesn't seem to care too much. Now if only the instrument cluster gave her information (all of the motors are shot, and I've been waiting for her to order new ones for the last few months).

Well if you're going to hit a deer, at least make sure you kill it so you can eat it! You have to get revenge somehow!

Luckily it doesn't look like the door was damaged, maybe just scratched? Looks like a new fender, headlight, and bumper cover are in the works though. That sucks man...nothing like tanting your brand new vehicle.

I had a different experience with my caliber, I had a moose lick my car on 2 separate occasions all the way around from the bottom of the windows down.

Did you refuse to give him another Moosehead Larger?

I had a different experience with my caliber, I had a moose lick my car on 2 separate occasions all the way around from the bottom of the windows down.

A Moosewash!

True story. Driving on Hwy 6, B.C. Interior, will some Aussie friends, Deer jumps out on highway 50 yds away, but I hit the brakes hard in my old Caravan. Aussies ask why. Before I reply the second deer jumps out of the bush right in front of the Caravan and we missed by inches. Moral of story. See one, assume there are lots more coming.....

H.P.