Chip Tuning for Dodge Journey 3.6 R/T?

Hi everyone.

I was searching the Internet something to improve the power/performance of the Dodge journey R/T 3.6 (Pentastar Engine = 283 CV). It seem´s incredible that no one have a product for this vehicle

All the performance tuners for Dodge, jeep and crhysler have products for this engine but not specifically for this car. I found products for Dodge Avenger 3.6, Dodge Durango 3.6, Crhysler 200 and 300 3.6, Grand cherokke 3.6, jeed wrangler 3.6, etc. But nothing for the Journey 3.6 R/T

I sent an email to Diabolo´s and they told me that they are thinking to developed something but nothing yet.

Beside increasing the power of the car im interested in:

1) Remove the speed limit (currently short in 5th gear at 205 km/h)

2) Run the launch control at 4.000 RPM (Currently at 2.000 RPM)

3) Adjust the gear box to be able to make such a recess 5th to 4th gear above 5.000 RPM (currently not allowed)

Someone in the fórum knows anything about this topic?

Someone know´sa company to recommend that can do the job?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Hernan

I assume nothing has been made simply because the usual buyer of a Journey isn't interested in performance. Now if they offered something for the 3.6L vans, I'd be scratching my head. It's no secret that people buy a Journey because they want the versatility and 3 rows in a lighter package without the stigma of owning a minivan.

Personally, coming from a Road & Track sport package Charger, I'm happy with the top-end performance of my Journey. Surprisingly quick sonuvabich. I just wish it had better low-end torque for faster launches. Doesn't need to be tire-smoking, but more torque in the low end would certainly improve day-to-day city driving characteristics.

I was talking to someone who has a 2012 Avenger R/T about it, and it is quite interesting that we have identical engines and drivetrains (or at least, Avenger had AWD available to it, his is FWD), and the Journey is based largely on the Avenger/Sebring/200, and yet Diablo does not list the Journey.

I assume nothing has been made simply because the usual buyer of a Journey isn't interested in performance. Now if they offered something for the 3.6L vans, I'd be scratching my head. It's no secret that people buy a Journey because they want the versatility and 3 rows in a lighter package without the stigma of owning a minivan.

Personally, coming from a Road & Track sport package Charger, I'm happy with the top-end performance of my Journey. Surprisingly quick sonuvabich. I just wish it had better low-end torque for faster launches. Doesn't need to be tire-smoking, but more torque in the low end would certainly improve day-to-day city driving characteristics.

I was talking to someone who has a 2012 Avenger R/T about it, and it is quite interesting that we have identical engines and drivetrains (or at least, Avenger had AWD available to it, his is FWD), and the Journey is based largely on the Avenger/Sebring/200, and yet Diablo does not list the Journey.

Even though there are a ton of similarities, the two platforms are still very different. In order to produce a tuner they would need to spend a good bit of money on R&D (although less than if it were an entirely new combination) in order to get something on the market... At this point I wouldn't hold your breath. There are options out there for custom tunes though, if that is what you want...

It's not that the DJ isn't popular enough. There are tons of them on the road. It's the fact that the majority of DJ owners are not looking to up the performance of the vehicle (as previously stated). Am I interested in improving the performance of mine? Yes. Am I willing to spend $300-$400 for a tuner? No. The wife drives it 90% of the time as this is our "family" car. I did not buy the DJ with performance in mind.

It's not that the DJ isn't popular enough. There are tons of them on the road. It's the fact that the majority of DJ owners are not looking to up the performance of the vehicle (as previously stated). Am I interested in improving the performance of mine? Yes. Am I willing to spend $300-$400 for a tuner? No. The wife drives it 90% of the time as this is our "family" car. I did not buy the DJ with performance in mind.

Exactly. Every other car I see around the Detroit area is a Journey. It's a very popular vehicle, enough that it was a major point for Fiat in its acquisition of Chrysler since it wanted to sell the Journey badged as a Fiat in Europe. Trouble is, buyers want it for its versatility and family-friendliness (I wanted mine for toting the dog around and having a lot more cargo capacity than my Charger offered). They don't buy it to see if they can turn a 10-second quarter mile or lap M3s on the road course. Next year I'll be looking into wider wheels and tires and more low-end torque to satisfy my cravings... but that's it. Diablo is successful with the LX cars because there is a large following that wants to blow the doors off of Mustangs. If I want to do that, I'll buy a sports car as a toy, not a crossover.

As in popular enough to get a programmer! There's no market for it! Unfortunately. Cause the tranny program is slow & lazy! Just like my 12' Avenger 3.6 was! I wish it wasn't geared for fuel economy! Not really helping in that department either! 15mpg Avg city isn't all that great!

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I'm a former CJDR guy with a good bit of experience across the entire pentastar spectrum. Found these guys earlier tonight and though I would share !

https://www.rpm-motorsports.com/store/c41/2011__Dodge_Journey.html

Can't vouch for them personally but finally SOMEBODY has done something for the Journey Pentastar platform and even offers remote tuning !

• 1 month later...

On 2019-04-01 at 3:22 AM, War_Daddy said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I'm a former CJDR guy with a good bit of experience across the entire pentastar spectrum. Found these guys earlier tonight and though I would share !

https://www.rpm-motorsports.com/store/c41/2011__Dodge_Journey.html

Can't vouch for them personally but finally SOMEBODY has done something for the Journey Pentastar platform and even offers remote tuning !

Hi, Im from canada and Im trying to find something for my journey to actually increase MPG.

I found this thing and I would like to know from you if this really can work to have a better mileage:

https://www.performancechiptuning.com/stage-1-performance-chip-module-obd2-for-dodge/

Thanks

The best way to increase your MPG is to drop 10 km off your top end speed.

Works great for me.  

I'm not into all this snake oil stuff.

If I wanted a car that ran on a cup of gas a day, I would have purchased a Smart Car.

If I wanted something to rip up the road, I would have bought a Dodge Charger.  

I also wonder what happens if my vehicle F's up and I take it to the dealer with all this extra crap installed on it.  Will it void warranties or cause other repair issues?

If you guys want to spend your money on this stuff, fill your boots.

mechanical-idiot

Edited by mechanical-idiot

1 hour ago, mechanical-idiot said:

The best way to increase your MPG is to drop 10 km off your top end speed.

Works great for me.  

I'm not into all this snake oil stuff.

If I wanted a car that ran on a cup of gas a day, I would have purchased a Smart Car.

If I wanted something to rip up the road, I would have bought a Dodge Charger.  

I also wonder what happens if my vehicle F's up and I take it to the dealer with all this extra crap installed on it.  Will it void warranties or cause other repair issues?

If you guys want to spend your money on this stuff, fill your boots.

mechanical-idiot

Hi,

The problem is not actually about the top end speed but all other speeds also.

As we're talking about a powerful v6 engine that was made to be towing 2500lbs, it is constantly consuming a lot of fuel, and this is my concern with regards to having a very affordable and comfortable car to carry on just the family.

If we are never loading the full capacity on it, it would be great to have an option to reduce the fuel consumption on a daily basis.

I don't know how the ECO button works on other versions, but this CHIP would act in the same manner.

I still keep it as a challenge to be overcome.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I just want to know if anyone here is using a pedal commander tuner? I feel like my 2016 Journey lacks power during acceleration. There is a delay in throttle response so I'm thinking of installing one. I read an article for the best tuner dodge charger and came to know about the Pedal Commander. Has anyone here using it? 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pedal box from Ebay for $60 CDN, I used it all summer and I was surprised by the acceleration of it. It gave my DJ a error code during the winter because I turned it to Normal mode. Which under volte the computer. I recommend buying it aslong as you plug it out during winter.

• 3 weeks later...

i would be more interested how it sounds from the inside during accereating and also during normal cruising mode to hear if it was an annoying loud hum inside the journey,,,usually it sounds nice when you are young and enjoy the sound but can get annoying when on a long trip or wanting to listen to your music or talking

reminds me of my 2001 dodge truck i had that was only month or two old i took it down and had the muffler and converter  cut off ( i know was supposed to be illegal to do that)and 2 flow masters put on and on my way home i stopped and filled it with gas and then went by where my wife worked and dropped it off and got her caravan to go fill it up and went home with it,,,,well when she came in the house after work ( she was late getting home) she was hollering there is something bad wrong with the truck so i only drove 25mph to get home LOL a 10 minute drive took her almost an hour,,, she didnt think was as funny as i did tho.....

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to flash a new tune in a 2017 Dodge Journey SXT AWD v6 for improved performance? I see on google Stage 2 usally involves turbos and exhaust and other hardware mods to engine, But...

The granny mode is way too restrictive and traction control doesn't make on bit of difference on or off.

I don't understand how the same 3.6L can be so different just cause of a vehicle model from the same manufacture, but my DJ is horrible at the low end for take off and acceleration with & without T/C.

13 hours ago, SRfR said:

Is it possible to flash a new tune in a 2017 Dodge Journey SXT AWD v6 for improved performance? I see on google Stage 2 usally involves turbos and exhaust and other hardware mods to engine, But...

The granny mode is way too restrictive and traction control doesn't make on bit of difference on or off.

I don't understand how the same 3.6L can be so different just cause of a vehicle model from the same manufacture, but my DJ is horrible at the low end for take off and acceleration with & without T/C.

There is no tuner specifically for the Journey. No demand. 

Edited by jkeaton

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2014 at 2:01 PM, B4ZINGA said:

Exactly. Every other car I see around the Detroit area is a Journey. It's a very popular vehicle, enough that it was a major point for Fiat in its acquisition of Chrysler since it wanted to sell the Journey badged as a Fiat in Europe. Trouble is, buyers want it for its versatility and family-friendliness (I wanted mine for toting the dog around and having a lot more cargo capacity than my Charger offered). They don't buy it to see if they can turn a 10-second quarter mile or lap M3s on the road course. Next year I'll be looking into wider wheels and tires and more low-end torque to satisfy my cravings... but that's it. Diablo is successful with the LX cars because there is a large following that wants to blow the doors off of Mustangs. If I want to do that, I'll buy a sports car as a toy, not a crossover.

It is a lot of journeys here in Detroit. Literally 5 on my one block. Lol

20 hours ago, JustDodge said:

It is a lot of journeys here in Detroit. Literally 5 on my one block. Lol

I'm not looking to try and race chargers or be like a hellcat or try and race my journey at all. Just noticed wranglers have the same 3.6 engine and they even have those turned to at least 300 to compare to Ford explorer ( not the st or pursuit) models. 

9 hours ago, SRfR said:

I'm not looking to try and race chargers or be like a hellcat or try and race my journey at all. Just noticed wranglers have the same 3.6 engine and they even have those turned to at least 300 to compare to Ford explorer ( not the st or pursuit) models. 

I don’t try to race cars I know will outperform. But when I see a cocky Malibu or equinox or something, I won’t hesitate to floor my pedal and leave a mark.