Hit this weekend...

Journeyman425

New 2015 200. Nice looking car, decent handling, even has good power for a 2.4 since it's mated with a nine speed auto. It's just kind of benign, that's all. I'm sure the 200C and S with the 3.2 and extra options is a much more soulful car. I really miss driving the Journey. I just hope it's close to the way it was before it got smashed.

Then lets hope that the new DJ was not based on the Dart like the 200 was.

I'm glad to hear your wife was ok and no one else was injured!

now... what about installing blacktop edition front lights? :)yy

Yes, we are indeed grateful for the lack of any injury. Thanks for your concern! As for the headlamps... well, the OEM replacements are already there. Not sure if they're on the car yet but honestly, they really match the chrome grille just so.

Still waiting...this Tuesday will be five weeks! I'm about to make the second payment on it since the accident and it's still being fixed. In no way am I complaining about the bodyshop - this is a very intricate repair and I'd much rather have it fixed perfectly and wait rather than have a rush job and get it back sooner. I'm just dying to have it back, that's all. Thanks for listening. The NWS is watching a potential blizzard for my area on Tuesday and that will probably be the day I get the call...

Looky what showed up at my shop today!

IMG_2337_zpskwbwskck.jpg

The bodyshop brought her to me today, Not the most flattering photo, but it's all perfectly straight and the color matches just so. It has an ABS light on and the transmission needed to be properly filled and quick-learned. A couple of weeks ago I sent a tech to their shop to replace the solenoid pack while the car was still apart. Some loss of fluid occurs with that repair and the only way to properly check and fill it is with a dealer scan tool.

The ABS light is a wiring issue that we are currently repairing. Remember where the car was hit - part of the main wiring harness runs in that area. We found eight broken wires under the conduit which shows absolutely no damage on the outside. As we ohm-tested each of the wires in the harness, we pulled gently on them with the ohm-meter connected and they simply came right out from under the conduit. You would never know the harness was damaged by looking at it. Most of them have been repaired. He has about an hour or two left tomorrow and then I *should* be driving it. Keep your fingers crossed...

One of the bodyshop owners drove it back to my shop. He reported that it tracks straight and the wheel is centered. When they re-assembled it, the car needed very little adjustment. It was almost in spec without any alignment but the wheel was off a touch. This tells me that structurally, the car is intact and I shouldn't have to worry about premature tire wear. I can't wait to drive it again - it's been five and a half weeks!

Another bennie: About a year ago, my wife nicked a curb and put a small gouge in the left front wheel. I rotated it to the rear shortly afterward, and recently rotated it back. Well, the insurance adjuster saw that damage and assumed it was collision related, and so I also got a brand new wheel. That was the only imperfection on the car before the rear got hit...

...which, by the way, has also been repaired. The driver who hit the car two weeks before the front got smashed got her insurance involved and they repaired the rear fascia while it was there. So...cosmetically, it is back to new again. All that remains is that small paint imperfection from the factory in the lower left corner of the tailgate. At the rate I'm going, that will take care of itself the next time the car gets smashed...

I'll report back after I drive it...hopefully tomorrow! No new pictures for a while because the roads are horrible and there's more snow for Monday. Yay!!

Since I also have a Copperhead Pearl DJ, you say that the color matches just so. Could you elaborate on this for me, please? Since every new car I have ever owned eventually gets hit, just something to think about for me. My last two vehicles were Metallic Silver, which is hard to match. I only use my Dealer's Body Shop. The Silver was very close, but not a bull's eye.

Well, the car is up and running. Got to put about 70 miles on it today. It seems to behave normally. No warning lights on, everything works as it should, no strange noises, no wind leaks, no vibration and the wheel is straight. I'm not sure but there may be a mild drift to the right. I noticed it more on the way home but there is a very stiff North wind today and that may be affecting it. The drift was not apparent on the way to our destination and it would have pushed the car left traveling in that direction. Tire pressures are even at all four corners. Overall, I'm very happy to have it back. I'm not sure if it's me being hyper-tuned into the car and knowing what kind of hit it took, but there *seems* to be a slight hint of difference in the way it behaves on the road. It's totally intangible; I cannot put my finger on it, and again it may very well be all in my head. I haven't driven the car in six weeks and have gotten used to the 2015 Chrysler 200 so that may be all that it is. I also really want to get the car out on the highway and run it at high speed for an extended period of time, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm over 20 miles from the closest major highway and don't have any road trips planned for a while. I think what bothers me the most is how dirty it is! I just want to clean and polish it until it sparkles, and I just cannot do it because it's seventeen friggin' degrees and there's more salt on the roads than on all the world's Big Macs combined!

There is only one repair left. We repaired eight broken wires in the main harness, but the connector to the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) is damaged. We repaired it temporarily but we ordered a new connector which has to be spliced in. Once that is in then I will rest knowing that the car is finally fixed. I can't say enough about the quality and professionalism of the bodyshop who repaired my DJ. Those guys are the best in the business and it was well worth the wait. The final tally was close to $11000.00.

Thanks to all of you for listening to my rants for the last five and a half weeks!!

Well, the car is up and running. Got to put about 70 miles on it today. It seems to behave normally. No warning lights on, everything works as it should, no strange noises, no wind leaks, no vibration and the wheel is straight. I'm not sure but there may be a mild drift to the right. I noticed it more on the way home but there is a very stiff North wind today and that may be affecting it. The drift was not apparent on the way to our destination and it would have pushed the car left traveling in that direction. Tire pressures are even at all four corners. Overall, I'm very happy to have it back. I'm not sure if it's me being hyper-tuned into the car and knowing what kind of hit it took, but there *seems* to be a slight hint of difference in the way it behaves on the road. It's totally intangible; I cannot put my finger on it, and again it may very well be all in my head. I haven't driven the car in six weeks and have gotten used to the 2015 Chrysler 200 so that may be all that it is. I also really want to get the car out on the highway and run it at high speed for an extended period of time, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm over 20 miles from the closest major highway and don't have any road trips planned for a while. I think what bothers me the most is how dirty it is! I just want to clean and polish it until it sparkles, and I just cannot do it because it's seventeen friggin' degrees and there's more salt on the roads than on all the world's Big Macs combined!

There is only one repair left. We repaired eight broken wires in the main harness, but the connector to the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) is damaged. We repaired it temporarily but we ordered a new connector which has to be spliced in. Once that is in then I will rest knowing that the car is finally fixed. I can't say enough about the quality and professionalism of the bodyshop who repaired my DJ. Those guys are the best in the business and it was well worth the wait. The final tally was close to $11000.00.

Thanks to all of you for listening to my rants for the last five and a half weeks!!

Rant away! We'll all listen.

Some idiot almost tagged me Friday as he went through a stop sign at our local Superstore. To top it off it was an older black Journey. I gave him such a dirty look and yell that he apologized profusely. Idiot.

Hope the weather improves so you can do a wash & polish. Since it got a bit colder here I headed over to my favourite car wash this morning as it opens at 6 am. There were 5 other crazies like me there too! It was slow so was able to dry it off completely. Put the garage heater on so I could clean the windows inside It's my mid winter therapy. LOL

H.P.

Congratulations and welcome back to the road!!!!!!

journeyman425, looks good!!!

I'm thinking DJs are accident magnets. I was almost hit yesterday on the beltway, a lady wasn't paying attention and coming over in my lane. When I got past her and looked, sandwich in one hand and laughing about it to the lady in the drivers seat. After all I've been through with cars and my last Envoy, I swore the first one to dent the DJ or ding the door is going to get it, as I always pay and lose in the end. I have to laugh, the first one that I thought dinged the door was a nun in Target parking lot, as I watched by the entrance to Target I thought "I'd hate to do it, but rules are rules!" Can't keep anything nice...

journeyman425, looks good!!!

I'm thinking DJs are accident magnets.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Mine's been hit three times now in a year and a half. My 14.5 year old, 298,000 mile 300M - never. But it's back to it's like-new self again, thank God. Some more driving today in calmer, more moderate weather confirmed that it was the wind causing my drift to the right and not the car. I balanced all the tire pressures too, and that helped I'm sure. There is a four-lane road near my home that's been snow-covered for a week but today it was clear, and with light traffic I shot it up to a quick 80 MPH and it felt good with no wind leaks. There are traffic lights on this road too, and I was the first one at the red light so I could nail the gas when it turned green. No strange noises, vibration or pulling other than the normal torque steer. So far, I'm very happy. If only I could clean it!!

I've been counting my blessings so far. Since my Grand Prix, every car I've owned has been tapped in the back at least once. My Grand Prix, my 300M Special, my Road & Track Charger... Not my Journey, yet. It's only been just over 8 months so there's plenty of time for a dingbat to hit me. Especially since Michigan appears to have no driver's ed course... they just hand licenses out to anyone who pays the fee. That's gotta be it...

I just about bought the biscuit this afternoon. I was going through an intersection on a green light and a neon made a left turn in front of me with enough time to spare but just as I entered the intersection a woman in a mini van decided to also make a left turn from the wrong lane and I had to swerve or she would have hit me broadside. She missed my rear end by inches.