Hit this weekend...

Journeyman425

Me too. I already polished out the white paint from the car that hit us. Looks 10X better already. Snapped the grille back into the facia retainers. Called my insurance, saw the bodyshop yesterday and have a facia on order already. As soon as the body shop can take me, it goes in for repair. Might be a couple of weeks.

I am so bummed out about this. I know it's no big deal but you guys know, in the short time I've been on this forum, how much I love this car. I've only made one payment on it and already it's no longer new. I'll feel better when it's all fixed and back to new condition again but in the meantime it kills me to see it damaged. I should just get over it and move on, right? Just had to vent a little to an audience who can really understand!

Door dings make me crazy. A parking lot hit & run would make me homicidal! I have my '91 Dakota for around town stuff and work. My DJ is for road trips only. She spends a lot of time safe in the garage. Freeway driving and kicked up rocks definifely add dings to the front, though. Takin' her to Las Vegas this weekend. Valet parking. It makes me feel better than self parking, at least.

Sorry about your DJ, man. I know how you feel.

Peace.

Door dings make me crazy. A parking lot hit & run would make me homicidal!

Well, at least it was not a hit and run. We were in the car when it got hit. The kid never saw us, so he says. I'm not entirely sure how you can miss the front end of a Journey in the rearview mirror of a VW Golf. Nevertheless, I have a police report and his insurance info. My insurance company will subrogate against his to recover my deductible at the least. If it had been a hit and run, I'd have gone stark raving mad!

Journey is in the bodyshop as we speak. Front fascia is off and being painted. Waiting for the fascia trim to come in and some miscellaneous hardware. Rather than replace the whole front fascia, it can be repaired and the paint blended into the fascia only. If we replace the whole fascia, then the paint has to be blended into the front fenders to make it match 100%. Very tough to do with Copper Pearl. The fasica itself can be repaired as new, just the dark gray trim where the front plate would go has to be replaced. Hope to have it back at the end of the week. Put a dealer plate on my '99 300M and am using the old car as a loaner.

Wow very good job! I cringe at the mention of any crash now. I went through Heck getting another drivers insurance to pay full after he was charged and found guilty in court. The insurance co (LM) still to this day says it was partly my fault. It was in the old G Cherokee, but come on now. My insurance company backed me 100%. Next time not going to deal with it if its some one elses fault, just going to turn it over to the lawyer.. But they did a dang good job on yours!

I have a bit of obsession with keeping this car clean. No sooner did I get it home than I waxed it top to bottom with Ardex Miami Shine (except for the newly painted bumper) which is a liquefied carnuba paste wax. Three hours later it proceeded to rain on it just enough to get it all spotted, then today the kids had a baseball game 50 miles away and it rained some more. After she got it home I re-cleaned it using Ardex Hydrogloss spray detailer. Just for kicks I washed and detailed my trusty 300M as well. The trouble with Copper Pearl is it shows everything! I have also discovered that It is one of those colors that truly looks gorgeous when it is spotlessly clean and free of dust. As soon as it begins to get dirty, it loses its magic which makes me obsess the way I do. I know, I have issues... :drool:

Edited by Journeyman425

That is spanking wow! The paint looks like a glass to me! Im obsess also, but i always fail to make mine that shiney. I use liquid wax every week! I dust it with quick detailer every two days and paste wax every 4 months! I dust it with california duster every day! Am i missing something?? It looks like your having a clear coat but as i understand copper also has pearl coat like my briilant black pearl coat!

Looks really good after being fixed. I had someone hit my car with their door it left a little dent, there is no paint missing or scratches though. It's really small. I also have a little paint off my front passenger door where I think my wife or someone she was with hit someone else car it's small as well. I am going to get quotes to fix them and touch up some spots by my driver door handle.

This is from the dealer order page. When you are ordering a car from Chrysler and you click the "details" link about the color choice, this comes up. I'm assuming that the Copper color reflects and refracts to a higher degree than Black simply because it is a brighter color and not because of the wax being used. Interesting read:

Copper Pearl Coat (PLB)

Pearl Coat is a pigmented mineral coating that creates special brilliance and shine by reflecting and refracting sunlight, adding a dramatic sparkle to the vehicle finish.

I copied and pasted this from DealerConnect which also included a color sample, but an error message came up saying I wasn't allowed to use the link on this board, yet it allowed the post once I cut the color sample out. Oh well!

Edited by Journeyman425

Good job! I have the same color and you are absolutely right about it being an obsession. It sure looks great when it's clean! Good exercise though. Wax on wax off!!!

I went back to your thread with the pictures of your Journey after you had it Opti-Coated. If it looked that good in a garage, I can't imagine how gorgeous it must have been out in the sunlight. Do you have any outside pictures of it after the Opti-Coat treatment?

• 1 year later...

Well, it happened again. Nailed in a parking lot - this time the rear bumper fascia. Not as bad as when it got hit in the front. The lady who hit the car found my wife and gave her all the insurance info and a number to call her. I thanked her for her honesty.

I was able to push the fascia back in where it popped out on the passenger side rear quarter, and on the corner just below the taillamp. There is a crack in the recess where the reflector resides in the corner of the fascia and a couple of marks on the cover. Not bad. Hoping to have it in the bodyshop before Christmas so I can forget that it ever happened!

Sad to see a Copperhead Pearl Beauty in pain. They redid some roads around my house, and the easiest entrance is now gone. Everytime I turn into another entrance, which I never used, I feel as though I'm going to get rear ended. So far, so good.