Highest Mileage Journey... Who's in it for the long haul?

jeffhoward001

Curious who has the highest mileage Journey on here, and what (if any) were the major repairs as you edge towards 200K (miles, not km ;)

We're at 145K, and only major repairs were an alternator, motor mount (skeptical whether this was necessary), and the left-bank valve-seat replacement that Dodge covers at no-charge for '11 & '12 owners. 

Minor repairs were the bluetooth module, and the stupid blender doors for the zonal climate control.

Over all, nothing too exciting or shocking. It's been a good car. I suspect some CV boot or axle replacements are coming sometime before 200K. Trans still feels solid, we get the fluid & filter changed every 50K.

Anyone over 200K?

I bought my 2011 R/T new, so I'm into my 11th year.  106,000ish miles.  I drive it mostly on longer road trips.  It's been a good vehicle.  Had the left head replaced as many of the early DJs have had.  Had a solenoid of some kind go out on the transmission.   No other problems.   Engine still purrs like the day I brought it home.   Still has plenty of pentastar power.  Really like this vehicle. 

My only beef is I can't update the nav maps and I can't replace the head unit to get android auto.  Too integrated.  Oh, well...

Peace. 

New member Maz showed this pic of his speedo last week,  converts to 253k miles. Maybe he will respond with his repair laundry list, might be interesting. Freemont models from Europe etc wouldn’t add much to these annual total I think.

Hello, am new to the forums and require some help.. I have a 2015 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 engine, my heater only heat while the car is idle but when I’m driving, it blows cold air, any idea what could be causing this to happen?

And sometimes it shows this electric symbol on my dash - see picture below B4F293FF-F8A8-4DB4-81FF-733D1FBF7AC5.thumb.jpeg.4554570cf5780b116f0eac728243663a.jpeg

• 2 months later...

2009 journey with the 2.4. 

191,000 miles all in Michigan. I love this car. Goal is 250,000 miles and i think it can make it. I started doing all oil changes and repairs myself about 6 years ago. Learned everything from YouTube. So many helpful videos. Changed valve cover gasket, thermostat housing, throttle body, brakes. I'm going to try replacing struts soon. Any advice?  And i also need new bushings for sway bar or whatever that is that goes across the front suspension. Looks doable maybe. I don't think this motor gets its due. It's badass. Easy to work on. Has a timing chain which is awesome.  And the trans is still working great. I changed the fluid and filter at about 160,000 miles. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, 5rebel9 said:

"11 3.6 awd at 205k miles and going strong and still looking good!

@5rebel9  Aside from regular maintenance, what all have you had to repair on your 2011 3.6 to get it past 200k?  I'm at 155k right now and it's taken a fair amount of new parts to get it there.

8 minutes ago, tsteves5 said:

@5rebel9  Aside from regular maintenance, what all have you had to repair on your 2011 3.6 to get it past 200k?  I'm at 155k right now and it's taken a fair amount of new parts to get it there.

Well WE did NOT put all those miles on, as we bought it used with about 160k miles already on it. YES did a lot of work to put it in top running shape, read my thread "new to the journey not chrysler" (or words to that effect). For a cr of this "vintage" NO other make or model would have been any more reliable or needing less maint. I'm a "retired" auto tech and know my way around cars, so labor costs do not affect me as much as most folks.

• 2 months later...

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 234,406 miles

No major mechanical issues that I recall off the top of my head (when I get the chance I will look through my service records to double check), most of my major repairs have been collision/accident damage-related. The biggest repair headache was a leaking sunroof after it was replaced due to damage from a hailstorm. But the repair shop finally got it fixed right (even sending a tow truck over 100 miles to my house to pick it up and drop off a rental).

I bought it in 2011 so it is definitely the longest I have ever owned the same vehicle. I'm very pleased with how long, and how well, it has lasted. I'm not the gentlest driver and I definitely put on the miles so for it to still be running so well amazes me to be honest, lol

On 26/1/2022 at 10:21 AM, Redtomatoman123 said:

I bought my 2011 R/T new, so I'm into my 11th year.  106,000ish miles.  I drive it mostly on longer road trips.  It's been a good vehicle.  Had the left head replaced as many of the early DJs have had.  Had a solenoid of some kind go out on the transmission.   No other problems.   Engine still purrs like the day I brought it home.   Still has plenty of pentastar power.  Really like this vehicle. 

My only beef is I can't update the nav maps and I can't replace the head unit to get android auto.  Too integrated.  Oh, well...

Peace. 

Hi i bought a journey 2009 recently, i see that there were solutions to adapt android sytems , my suv its older and i bought a sytem to adapt in dash, i bought from USA this system:

see https://www.amazon.com/Android-Wireless-Carplay-2009-2012-Journey/dp/B0B3RPPZVP?language=en_US

i had a 2011 and traded it in on my 2014 and have 131 k on it but i also bought the lifetime unlimited miles and yrs as an extra precaution as i plan on keeping it till i die i was looking at my policy the other day and it says my warranty expires in the year 09/04/2097  so i guess i am covered for a while

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022-09-15 at 4:21 PM, jeffhoward001 said:

Wow! KM's or miles? Do you have to drive a lot for work?

I have 215Km on mine.  All highway miles other than a quick trip to city the odd time.  I love this vehicle.  Except the heat sucks.  I bought it used with all the bells and whistles and am not sure I am setting the heat right.  I drove cars with heat on/heat off for all my life and try to figure out how all the thingees work in between moving. lol

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

About two months ago I hit a quarter of a million miles on my '09 Journey (I have a video of it rolling over but it exceeds the allowable upload limit). I bought it in December 2011 when it had 44,268 miles on it. Two of the years I've owned it I was working overseas so all my mileage was put on in a nine and a half year period (~22,000 miles per year).

My children were still little when I bought it and I would say we have put as many memories on it as we have put miles on it.

"DJ" (my youngest was the one who started calling it DJ and the name has stuck for obvious reasons) has its quirks, but then again, so do I, lol. So I don't think this Journey will come to an end in the foreseeable future.

20230526_165352_250-000.jpg

• 4 months later...