Battery replacement in 2012 DJ RT

I live in Canada, and this is my first winter with my new to me, 2012 Journey RT.  The battery currently in the journey has a 550CCA rating.  We would like to put in as large a battery as possible, because I am currently having to jump start it with the colder temperatures (hooked current battery to tester and has just over 300CCA available).  Has anyone installed a battery larger (hoping to get at least 800CCA) in their Journey?  Can installing a larger sized battery affect anything?  I love my Journey, and just want to ensure that I am able to start it all winter.

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey RT

3.6 VVT

Thanks for any help!  Greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

I'm not too familiar with cold weather batteries, but instead of a larger battery aren't there other factors to consider? Better quality battery (same size)? Check the connections to make sure everything is clean and making good contact? Oil viscosity? My daughter moved to Oregon where it's been in the teens a few days and she had trouble starting without a jump. On my last visit we cleaned all of the connections, tightened them, and added some connection protection (grease) on the terminals and she's had no issues since. We had replaced the battery about a year ago - with a good intestate battery. Don't bigger batteries cause electrical issues? 

If you do not know the age of the battery, that may be the issue not that it is not big enough. If you are concerned get it load tested or simply remove the current one and replace with a quality new battery. If I recall there was a little extra room where the battery sits but, getting it into position was tight. I do not know if you could get a bigger battery into position in the first place. If it is cold enough, any battery will be affected, just buy the same physical size battery with the highest CC amps if that is what you want. Do yourself a favor and treat all the connections with protective grease before sealing everything back up, a bit of a PITA having to open it all up multiple times. 

Very limited for space on pedestal in fender, might have an inch in all directions.  The AGM batteries charge faster and can sit and hold  full charge much longer.

More expensive to buy, but lots of cars like Lexus shipped from factory with them now. I installed one in fatherin laws car that was having battery issues, 2 years ago.  Same size battery physically, but noticeably better performance so far.  Costco sells them.

17 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Very limited for space on pedestal in fender, might have an inch in all directions.  The AGM batteries charge faster and can sit and hold  full charge much longer.

Downside is that they don't like being in a discharged state for any length of time - e.g. if you have a battery drain, as I found out to my cost - my EXIDE AGM battery lasted little more than a year.

And that battery was rated at 800CCA ! (I'm investigating whether the warranty will cover).