Phone & UConnect not seeing each other

My wife has a 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad 2WD that we bought new.  Have had no major problems with UConnect until now.

Both of our Galaxy Note 9 Android phones were connected to the Journey's UConnect & were working fine & have been for over a year since we got them, but today, they wouldn't connect.  I tried deleting them & then scanning to reconnect them, but the phones don't see uConnect and vice versa.  The phones see each other & they work on our other vehicles, so I believe the problem is in the Journey's UConnect.  I don't want to delete all my connections as I have a number of them set up, and as I said, I feel confident it isn't the phones because they work everywhere else.  We tried connecting in our garage and also 5 miles away in the country with no luck, so I don't believe there's anything interfering with the connection.

Can the Journey's UConnect be reset in some way to get it to start working, like disconnecting the battery or some other reset function?  

Has anybody else experienced or been aware of this type of problem & found a solution?

47 minutes ago, Ellis D Tripp said:

My wife has a 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad 2WD that we bought new.  Have had no major problems with UConnect until now.

Both of our Galaxy Note 9 Android phones were connected to the Journey's UConnect & were working fine & have been for over a year since we got them, but today, they wouldn't connect.  I tried deleting them & then scanning to reconnect them, but the phones don't see uConnect and vice versa.  The phones see each other & they work on our other vehicles, so I believe the problem is in the Journey's UConnect.  I don't want to delete all my connections as I have a number of them set up, and as I said, I feel confident it isn't the phones because they work everywhere else.  We tried connecting in our garage and also 5 miles away in the country with no luck, so I don't believe there's anything interfering with the connection.

Can the Journey's UConnect be reset in some way to get it to start working, like disconnecting the battery or some other reset function?  

Has anybody else experienced or been aware of this type of problem & found a solution?

Disconnecting the battery is a common reset method on the Journey for a variety of problems. Can't say it will work here.

Given you have two of the same phone, has there been a software update lately?

I found in the past I had to delete that device from menu and add it again, sometimes it took several attempts but eventually it found the cell phone. I sometimes give up and try later. I tend to turn my blutooth off a lot then back on when needed, not sure if that is a factor ? 

Deleting it... reinstalling it - you're thinking MS Windows I think.  If you don't know what the problem is, just making it go away, until it comes back doesn't actually fix anything, does it?

I had to have my "hands free" module replaced.  It includes the bluetooth function, it is ridiculously expensive.  At the time, when I pressed the button to set up phones - nothing would happen, just the beep.  So, you may not have the same issue if it's giving you an option.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, km-04 said:

Uconnect is spotty at best. It was in my 2014 DJ, and it is in my 2018 DJ. I am not sure why this happens. Has happened with multiple phones.

"Spotty at best"?

Nope.  Perhaps in your specific vehicle, but there are many, many hundreds of thousands of these out there working perfectly, just in Journeys and millions more in other FCA vehicles.

Get your vehicle/phone properly diagnosed and join the vast majority of FCA vehicle owners whose BT works properly.  Find a good tech to handle the job (easier said, than done).

12 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

"Spotty at best"?

Nope.  Perhaps in your specific vehicle, but there are many, many hundreds of thousands of these out there working perfectly, just in Journeys and millions more in other FCA vehicles.

Get your vehicle/phone properly diagnosed and join the vast majority of FCA vehicle owners whose BT works properly.  Find a good tech to handle the job (easier said, than done).

Yep. Like I said, it happened in two different vehicles with multiple phones, both Android and iPhone.

8 minutes ago, km-04 said:

Yep. Like I said, it happened in two different vehicles with multiple phones, both Android and iPhone.

The issue I had was with the statement 'spotty at best'.  'Spotty' means they fail more often than they work and clearly that is not the case.

I've had two journeys and have had no BT issues beyond an infant mortality failure of the BT module on my current Journey within a month or so of getting it which was resolved during a one hour visit to my dealer, where the defective component was replaced.

Has the dealer (who admittedly may well be useless) had the opportunity to fix your 'spotty' Bluetooth?