Jump to content

jkeaton

Moderator
  • Posts

    5,813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    466

Everything posted by jkeaton

  1. Are you getting errors on the uconnect system or your phones? What exactly is happening (or not happening)?
  2. Fixed the title for ya. I got these from Amazon. They seem pretty decent. Great price too. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077DT46O/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. Just another thought, ruts and such that develop on snow/icy roads can grab the wheels and make the vehicle dart all over, I have experienced that myself and if it is frozen, there are probably "tracks" all over the road since people drive their own "line". Maybe the combination of wheelbase, tires, AWD and other factors make the car seem more twitchy when in fact its completely normal, other cars you have driven may be wider, longer, heavier, etc and you don't notice it much. Wonder if you could find another Journey to drive on the same roads and see if it does the same thing then determine it's the nature of the car and something you will have to become accustomed to, drive the Journey at a slower rate of speed.
  4. We have a manufacturing plant in Olds. I never got to visit in the winter, but they routinely get -40 degree temps. When I was there in July a couple years ago, they actually had a "heat wave" as they called it, got to like 26 C (@80 F). I was laughing at them complaining how hot it was. Thats spring weather here. We have a -20 C walk in freezer at work that I had to go in the other day. The cold is immediate and all I could think about was get me the heck out of here! I can't begin to imagine what -40 feels like.
  5. If we have icy roads down here, I stay home.....
  6. I dont think they would put synthetic oil in at the factory but maybe I'm wrong.
  7. Only place around me that stocked the air filters for our 09 was O'Reillys. I think it was like $25. I guess I'm in store for the same thing with the 2013. That as well as oil filters.
  8. I searched for one like that too for just the small area behind the 3rd row and could not find anything. Ended up picking up a generic, rubber cargo mat from walmart and cutting it to fit. It was like $20.
  9. Me thinks any vehicle is difficult to handle in icy conditions driving that fast. Maybe slow down some?
  10. I hid the innappropriate posts. Sorry for the hijack Dominic58. Kenny, please post your rants in the proper section of the forum starting a new thread. Thanks.
  11. Dodgecares (or anyone else who knows) could you explain what the "flash" does?
  12. I just keep mine on the digital speed readout all the time...
  13. I believe it will recognize the metal key. If you have the push button start, dont know if you will be able to start it though.
  14. Welcome to the forum!
  15. Welcome to the forum. We need pics of this car!
  16. I would reset it and start over. I dont put much stock in those MPG readouts anyway, hardly ever look at mine. IMO they are just a fancy gimmick. If you want true MPG, do it the old fashioned way, calculate by hand.
  17. I let the dealer do the front brakes on our 09 at @12000 miles. Not long after the rears started causing a vibration and the fronts as well. I replaced everything myself (rotors/pads) using a quality aftermarket brand and had no more brake issues for the next 70,000 miles. If you keep replacing the factory junk with factory junk, you will continue to have brake problems. This is not a Chrysler specific issue. Many car manufacturers, in their haste to save weight and reduce costs are cutting corners. Thinner rotors (which warp early on) saves weight and costs. It took them awhile, but Chrysler finally started putting beefier brakes on the Journey. The brake hardware (rotors, calipers, pads)on my 2013 are gigantic compared to the ones on the 09. Don;t know anything about a class action lawsuit though. I imagine that would not likely go very far.
  18. I also agree about the interior lighting and the transmission. About the power/folding mirrors, I have them on mine. They are power mirrors that you can fold in. Pretty much standard equipment I thought. The power liftgate was on my wifes wish list when we went car shopping, unfortunately, to have that option meant increasing our price range into the realm of the bigger SUV's that offered that, which also put it out of our price range. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  19. I've bought every oine of myb HID kits off ebay from this seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/xeno-HID-KIT-H1-H3-H6m-H4-H7-H8-H11-H9-H10-H13-9004-9005-9006-9007-D2S-D2R-6000K-/220472047437?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item335528774d&vxp=mtr#ht_4807wt_1328 Only had one time a ballast was bad ouot of the box, but the seller shipped me a new one right away. I had these in my first Journey for 3 years with no trouble at all.
  20. You will like the silver, it never shows dirt...lol. Our 09 was silverm and I only had to wash it like once every 3 months....the 2013 on the other hand.....shows dirt from sitting still.
  21. True, true. Details I left out that are like second nature to me, I guess. My bad, thanks for adding. When I have to replace mine (or if someone else does theirs first) we will do a write up with pictures. Maybe start a FAQ/DIY section for how-to's for things like this. Whitby? My company has a manufacturing site in Whitby. May be up there sometime next year.
  22. As stated above, if the pad manufacturer states to use anti squeal then use it. Some higher end pads come with it included. Some don't require it. The only thing I use when putting it all back together is spread anti-seize compound on any metal to metal contact areas. Never had an issue or squeals.
×
×
  • Create New...