-
Posts
5,813 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
466
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by jkeaton
-
Seller obviously has no clue if he is blaming it on the "wiring from the Fiat group"....Fiat had nothing to do with it.
-
Welcome aboard! Where are the pics????
-
Needs to work with canbus.
-
Dodge Journey Engine Air Filter Replacement Guide
jkeaton replied to Journey_SeXT's topic in Engine & Transmission
I asgree with the how-to.....One of the mods needs to lean how to create a new section...... -
Glad to hear another good report on the DJ AWD! We also went from an 09 to a 2013. EWelcome to the forum!
-
It's your car. Do with it what you will. You don't need anyone's permission.
-
Not to beat a dead horse, but it amazes me how many people ignore the manual in their glovebox.....it comes in handy in so many ways...my wife used to constantly ask "how does this work?", "what does this do?"....even though I normally knew the answer, I would tell her to look it up in the manual....I think I got her trained now, but it is often overlooked..... Thanks for the link....someone may buy a used DJ without an owners manual
-
Agreed. But what we are saying is, that unless you modify the intake, heads and exhaust, all that extra air does nothing cause it has no where to go. An engine IS just a big air pump, but without modifying the air outlet, bringing more air to the inlet wont do any good. I'm done with this as well. It's your car.
-
As webslave says,. it's your money. Do with it what you will. Facts and statistics dont back it up though.ECU curves? Unless your custom programming your ECU along with your CAI, the ECU corrects for any excess air flow and negates any positive impact a CAI may have. Grant you I have one on my 1995 Z71, but only cause it makes my TBI sound like 4BBL at WOT.....lol
-
2010 JOURNEY 2.0 CRD SXT - MPG CONSUMPTION GOES DOWN
jkeaton replied to UKabitenyo Ako's topic in Fuel Mileage
Got something to do with the air being more dense, thus needing more fuel to maintain the 15:1 combustion ratio. I'm not a scientist, could be wrong, but thats just my common sense. And I'm an aspiring poet. -
Yep, they are lying. But for $300 +, they sure do souond cool.
-
Obviously we do not share the same philosophy and I think you're missing my point. I am a gear head. I like to fix things and when someone joins a forum and asks "What could this be?" and "Will it be costly?", my first reaction is to ask for more information so I can better understand the issue, rather than just tell them to take it to the dealer. But to each his own I guess. The OP is asking US those questions, not the dealer. The details I am asking about are helpful to me to possibly diagnose the problem, to avoid the inconvenienmce of a dealer visit if it's something simple. I am not trying assertain a cost estimate. I completely agree that whatever it is will be covered 100% by the bumper to bumper warranty. But, we all know the dreaded "Unable to duplicate the problem" answer to many issues when you bring your car to the dealer. I'm just trying to be as helpful as possible by answering the questions the OP asked. To the OP, Will it be costly? no, it will not cost you anything to but your time to take it to the dealer for this issue. What could it be? Without more detail it's not possible to say at this point.
-
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!
-
I did not suggest anywhere in my response that there would be a charge for anything. The original poster asked "and will it be costly". Without more detail no one has any idea speculating any cost associated with a repair, if it is necessary and not covered by warranty. So I answered the question with "I have no idea if it would be costly". Thats it. Read the entire first post.
-
Its unfortunate GM gave diesels such a bad name in the late 70's early 80's with their gasoline converted to diesel engines in the Oldsmobile.This GM diesel debacle is what has soured so many Americans on diesel powerplants to this day. Slow, noisy, and smoky is the perception that lingers with most of the public- which is sad.
-
C'ya later Journey! Hello Cherokee! (soon anyways)
jkeaton replied to zmttoxics's topic in Owner Impressions
Sounds def like a lemon. Good luck with the Jeep! At least you didn't give up on Chrysler, err Fiat! -
Go to the website and research it.
-
Not here in the US. They don't offer the diesel here.
-
2010 JOURNEY 2.0 CRD SXT - MPG CONSUMPTION GOES DOWN
jkeaton replied to UKabitenyo Ako's topic in Fuel Mileage
It all depends on your driving habits. -
Honesty that depends on the height of your trailer tongue as to how high your ball needs to be.....
-
What is an "AGR" valve?
-
Welcome to the forum. First off, try to isolate where the sound is coming from. Engine? Under the dash? Under the seats? Where is the vent position set? Dash vents, floor, defrost? Is it dependant on blower setting? Does it make the sound moving? Sitting still? All the time? It's kinda hard to tell you if it will be costly without a little more detail.
-
Shocks should not be leaking with that many miles and should be covered by warranty. The 3 year, 36000 miles is bumper to bumper. I would argue this point with the dealer who is trying to say they are not covered. Unless you are like taking it off road and doing jumps and stuff.....
-
We just be tryin to edumucate some folks.
