Jump to content

jkeaton

Moderator
  • Posts

    5,813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    466

Everything posted by jkeaton

  1. I dont use oil treatments, but I do add a bottle of lucas fuel system cleaner through every few months or so. Are you saying you have not even changed the oil since 2010?
  2. Ah, yes, you are absolutely correct. I forgot about that. I just had the one.
  3. I've bought several remotes off ebay for different vehicles. Never had a problem. You will have to get the dealer to get it to work though. It's not like the older vehicles where you could jump a couple of pins on a connector somewhere to program it. They have to use the starscan tool. Dealer charged me $50 to program the remote for my Sebring. I never use the dealer for parts if I can avoid it.
  4. Welcome to the forum. Great group here with lots of technical know-how. Post your issues in separate threads.
  5. Why do you need another key and FOB? You can get them much, much cheaper on ebay and elsewhere. Probably more trouble and cost than it's worth to convert to a regular key. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNCUT-CHRYSLER-DODGE-REPLACEMENT-FOBIK-SMART-KEY-FOB-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-/221350214645?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2010
  6. Yes. Normal. Rev limiter keeps you from blowing up your engine.
  7. Welcome to the forum! We had really good luck with our 09.
  8. Man, I am coming to the conclusion that the AWD system is not really worth the extra problems, money and mileage costs. Our 09 FWD DJ handled the snow arond here like a champ. I will stick with FWD. I would visit another dealer though. And, do yourself a favor, spend $20 and buy a code scanner/reader. One of the biggest rippoffs known today is charging someone to "read the codes". It's not rocket science. My code reader is the best tool in my toolbox.
  9. Yes, mine is the same way. It's like it is not attached or something. I wonderd why they could not put a couple of screws in there or something to hold it up tight against the roof. I dont worry about it though. If the headliner falls down, I'll worry about it then. Crappy engineering? Maybe. I have things like this on all my vehicles, and sometimes wonder to myself, who the heck came up with this design?? lol...Honestly I dont sweat the small stuff. If I wanted perfection, I would have spent 10-15k more. Maybe I have a unique attitude about vehicles, but after owning over 40 different makes/models over the year, I learn to expect the unexpected.
  10. Exactly. Cars dont make drivers, drivers make cars. Learn the limitations of your vehicle.
  11. All I can suggest is that no car is exactly alike. I have a full size 4x4 pickup and a Sebring convertible. Sometimes the FWD Sebring can handle bad road conditions just as good, or better than the 4x4. I dont expect any vehicle to handle exactly like another. Each one will handle road conditions differently. It is up to me, as an experienced driver, to learn each vehicles handling characteristics and not just "assume" I can drive one just like I do another. I dont doubt any of the comments about the DJ handling differently than other vehicles you may have and drive in the same conditions. It is a different vehicle after all. Maybe spend more time driving the DJ around and learning how it drives and adjust your driving habits accordingly. I'm not bashing or flaming anyone, I am just speaking for myself if it were me.
  12. Lot of variables in play there comparing a Journey to a Monte Carlo or a truck. Wheelbase, weight, track, tires, etc. If you are convinced something is "wrong" with the vehicle, then I suggest getting it checked out by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible. You could have some broken/loose/worn suspension components causing the issue.
  13. Maybe it's cause I'm from the south. I just don't understand how you expect ANY vehicle to act on solid ice?
  14. jkeaton

    New here

    I keep forgetting...... :hide:
  15. jkeaton

    New here

    Why not state what is wrong so we could provide some assistance. If you hate it that much, sell it. Get something else. Your post does no one any good.
  16. jkeaton

    New here

    Welcome to the forum! Lets see some pics!
  17. Good luck up there....I got family in Cold Spring, NY...they say it is really cold and snowy....lol...I miss that kind of snow. We don't get snow here much. Mostly freezing rain, sleet. I can drive in the snow. Ice....i just stay home.
  18. My attitude towards vehicles I buy is "Hey, I bought it". I learned to fix things the right way myself if required. I will take it to the dealer for warranty work only and if it is something the warranty covers, I make them give me a loaner and I wont take it back untill it is fixed and the PROVE to me it is fixed. You gotta look out for yourself.
  19. Yes, it will turn off after a short delay. It's like a computer, it has to "shut down" on its own.
  20. Welcome to the forum. Where do you live? Are you driving in snow and freezing weather? As stated above, you might just have a chunk of snow or ice on something causing the vibration. You need to check it out at least yourself and see if there is something obvious.
×
×
  • Create New...