Jump to content

jkeaton

Moderator
  • Posts

    5,813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    466

Everything posted by jkeaton

  1. Could be a number of things. Do you feel it in the steering wheel? Your seat?
  2. Welcome to the forum! Lets see some pics!
  3. If the dealer wont help, perhaps a local body shop can take a look. I dont have this experience with mine.
  4. Glad to hear. Our 09 SE was a dependable vehicle. Never left us stranded.
  5. Understand that the tires that came with your new car were not designed by Kumho, Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone or any other tire manufacturer. They were designed by Chrysler. If your new car came with a set of Kumho's, Kumho made the tire but they made it to the specifications set by Chrysler. The OEM tires that came with your car can’t be replaced (which is a good thing) after they’ve worn out. And they will wear out much sooner than they should. This is because virtually all auto manufacturers specify very soft rubber which means they wear out too fast. You can buy what you think is the same tire, but it will have a different model number when sold by a tire store. Auto manufacturers do this because they want that new car to have the smoothest ride possible, even at your expense of having to buy a new set of tires at half the mileage you should have to. When you test drive that brand new car and it rides very, very smoothly you’re more likely to buy it. You’ll find out how fast the tires wear out much later, and when you do you’ll blame it on the tire maker. Don't blame the tire maker, blame the vehicle manufacturer.
  6. Not sure, the fuse box cover should say what all is on that circuit. If not, maybe the owners manual?
  7. Nice looking Journey. I love the blacked out grill.
  8. That looks really nice. I'm thankful I dont live where it snows enough that I have to keep two sets of wheels/tires. I got 5 vehicles...would have no place to store the unused ones...lol
  9. My bad, I was just quoting straight out of the road assistance brochure, maybe didnt read far enough. Thanks for the clarification.
  10. I have found that out as well. I try to "top it off", to get a round number for cost and it spills right out. I dont do that anymore. If it clicks off on its own, it's done and I dont try to squeeze and extra 50 cents into it.
  11. I never pay attention to mine. Just put gas in it when it tells me to...lol
  12. Sorry to say, but roadside assistance would not cover recovery from being stuck. I agree it was handled unprofessionally, but make sure you read the fine print and you wont be put in that situation. It covers towing only from a breakdown of a covered part.The contract specifically states it WILL NOT cover towing as a result of the vehicle being stolen or involved in a collision or accident. I believe she was covering her a$$ by implying yoiur vehicle was stuck as a result of an accident (even though it was not technically an accident). I know it sucks and I agree with your rant. They could have done a better job explaining why it would not be covered.
  13. Very true. Most stores will rent you the tools. They normally charge what the tool set would cost new, but then refund it when you bring them back. Or, if your like me, I just decide I could use the tools and end up keeping them. You can also get brake tool kits off ebay for cheap. I got a kit for calipers that includes all the adapters for all makes of vehicles for under $30. Most of the newer rear brakes can't use a plain old c-clamp to seat the piston, you have to turn the piston while pressing it in, those kits are a life saver to be. I used to do it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Took forever!
  14. The mystery deepens then....lol..I dont have automatic controls, but water only under one side.
  15. Mine only does it on the drivers side. From what I've read, the AC compressor cycles on and off as needed to keep moisture levels down in the cabin. Even if the AC is off, the compressor will still come on and off as needed. Not a feature I am a fan of.
  16. If its on "F" then it's full. No need to go past full. I know some vehicles the needle will go past full, not the DJ apparently.
  17. Do you have anyone else besides Canadian Tire up there? Seems like every forum I'm on, the Canadians are talking about Canadian Tire.....are they like a Firestone or something? What are other options for vehicle repair?
  18. jkeaton

    new member

    Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your warranty will take car of your issues.
  19. I kindly disagree. I run Kumho's on 3 of my 5 vehicles with NO issues at all. Maybe you got a bad tire. Happens sometimes, no matter the brand.
  20. jkeaton

    Poor Journey...

    Was searching ebay for some parts and stuff and ran across this......wonder what the heck happened??? That car is destroyed! http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-JOURNEY-R-TAIL-LIGHT-W-LED-LAMPS-QTR-MTD-457957-/380707847990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011
  21. Welcome to the forum. No major problems, but you might want to check out good and bad things to look out for before you buy a vehicle, not after.
×
×
  • Create New...