Any happy Journey owners out there???

llw2234

Bought my 09 DJ brand new and with in a month started have problems but of course it was all problems the warranty didn't cover. I've had problem after problem, Neverending can't wait to get something else. This makes me NOT want to ever have another dodge and of course dodge doesn't care cause they already got my money, I'm just disgusted with the company!!

You must be blond. If you bought it brand new, your 3 year / 36,000 mile covers everything except tires, which have a warranty from the manufacturer. What problems did you have, or are you too embarrassed to list them?

Bought mine brand new last June and have had 0 issues. And, NO, I am not blond!

With all due respect, hair colour really has nothing to do with it, if you are trying to be funny, you sadly failed. It just shows your arrogance, insensitivity as well as stupidity.

Maybe she bought it used and didn't have a choice when it came to a warranty. That happens and she would have no control over it. You don't know that, So don't denigrate her maybe try to help her, after all your Journey is only a year old and maybe we'll hear you complaining in the future.

The Journey is not without it's problems, ask anyone who has had premature brake wear, burst power steering lines etc. and several other problems that people here have experienced.

Krista was wrong with her dispariging remarks about Dodge and could have said them in a better way but I understand her frustration and lack of support from either Dodge or her dealer.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

With all due respect, hair colour really has nothing to do with it, if you are trying to be funny, you sadly failed. It just shows your arrogance, insensitivity as well as stupidity.

Maybe she bought it used and didn't have a choice when it came to a warranty. That happens and she would have no control over it. You don't know that, So don't denigrate her maybe try to help her, after all your Journey is only a year old and maybe we'll hear you complaining in the future.

The Journey is not without it's problems, ask anyone who has had premature brake wear, burst power steering lines etc. and several other problems that people here have experienced.

Krista was wrong with her dispariging remarks about Dodge and could have said them in a better way but I understand her frustration and lack of support from either Dodge or her dealer.

Terry

She said she bought it brand new. Lighten up a bit. :)

Sorry I missed her saying she bought it new. That still doesn't excuse ddh3 for what he said. I have no problem with people stating facts good or bad about the Journey, they are entitled to state their opinion, just as I am, which I did, I shouldn't have used the words arrogance and stupidity but hair colour does not determine intelligence.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I can understand the frustration of someone who has legitimate concerns and is looking for support. The forum members have been very good at giving advice when posters are specific in those concerns. It's the posters who never explain what problems they have and only offer negative comments about a product or company who make it difficult to assess their legitimacy. A lot of times they only post a few times and we never hear from them again. Of course they get a lot of satisfaction when they disrupt the relationships between the forum members or get under somebody's skin. There are a lot of sections on this forum which answer any questions or offer the opportunity to address concerns if they are in fact legitimate without appearing to be trolling. jkeaton explained this in his first response and I agree with him. Trolls are the bane of many forums!

Edited by rolly

Ordered our '13 R/T AWD in 2012 and still love the car. For as heavy as it is, the mileage is great (when compared to the mileage I got on my '08 Hemi Commander Limited), the ride is spot on, and the creature comforts are really nice for a CUV in its price range. If I had it to do over, I'd buy it again in a heart beat.

We love our 2013 Crew. Mechanically, it has been virtually trouble-free; the only problem with the car was the corrupted Navigation map which necessitated replacement of the radio even though everything else worked. Even after a major accident, it continues to perform and operate as if nothing happened. We decided we would buy another one in the event that the insurance company totaled it; that's how satisfied we are with the car. I'm glad that it was repairable since we really love the one we have.

We bought our 2013 Journey because we were planning a major road trip through the U.S. and Canada in 2013 and needed a comfortable and spacious vehicle. The DJ did not disappoint. It was and still is a pleasure to drive and performs admirably. Like Journeyman425 the only major problem we had was the radio had to be replaced two months after we took ownership. The navigation system was a godsend on our trip and of course the Sirius radio is great when traveling in the less populated areas. I just love the styling, but I cringe when I look at all the road salt during the winter LOL. I can't wait for spring! My brother in law was so impressed with our Journey, he bought one for himself. We would definitely buy another.

So far I have no complaints with my Journey, good in snow, have no issues getting stuck LOL. The ride seems very good, i do want to change the tires and get Black rims. Sound system very good, interior very nice not allot of road noise, but I did undercoat the journey.

Edited by nash211

So far I have no complaints with my Journey, good in snow, have no issues getting stuck LOL. The ride seems very good, i do want to change the tires and get Black rims. Sound system very good, interior very nice not allot of road noise, but I did undercoat the journey.

Mine isn't loud at all... in fact, I thought it was remarkably quiet when I bought it...

You must be blond. If you bought it brand new, your 3 year / 36,000 mile covers everything except tires, which have a warranty from the manufacturer. What problems did you have, or are you too embarrassed to list them?

Bought mine brand new last June and have had 0 issues. And, NO, I am not blond!

Terry

I am blonde and take no offense to it whatsoever... Not sure why people get so uptight about stupid stuff. Clearly she is a troll and the statements she made were far more filled with "stupidity" than anything dhh3 said. I say push her buttons, it's not like she will actually post anything constructive or useful anyway. Another 1 (okay, 2) post wonder!

Terry

#1. I am not arrogant. In fact, this is the first time in my life that I was ever called that.

#2. Read the thread I posted on the Forum: A Tribute to my Wife. Now, tell me that I am insensitive.

#3. Last time I checked, I didn't seem to be stupid. But, then again, I didn't spend the night in a Holiday Inn.

#4. I would suggest that you fully read a post, before you respond to it. OP stated that she bought her DJ new. Therefore, she had a 3 Year/36,000 mile Warranty which would have addressed any of her issues. If she continued to have the same problem after her warranty lapsed, it would have been noted in her record, and would, therefore, still be covered.

#5. She has made 2 posts on the Forum: both were bitch sessions. Every Forum that I have ever joined attracts these kinds of people. For all we know, she/he may be driving a Chevy Volt. Or, a Tesla.

#6. Take a deep breath, and count to ten. Now, don't you feel much better? I do.

Edited by dhh3

Put 50K on mine before it was totaled with no problems ever. Changed the oil, tires and brakes. Never a trip back to the dealer and nothing ever broke or went wrong. Surprised at its reliability and how dependale it was, hence the reason I went out and bought another DJ. I was was putting 3k a miles a month, mostly hard mileage, city life, stop and go, and trailer towing, my DJ outperformed me, recommended it to everybody.

• 3 weeks later...

We love ours. It has not been trouble free - I too had the corrupted navigation map / radio replacement deal, along with a broken DVD player in the mix. We also had a wheel speed sensor fail, which disabled the AWD and traction control. Both issues were dealt with by the dealer very effectively.

Interestingly, both issues we had were related to the whiz-bang optional electronic gizmos that are so available these days. I used to specifically buy cars that were as basic as possible in their specification, to avoid these types of problems. But honestly, I have grown to love the heated seats, keyless entry, satellite radio, ABS, auto climate control, etc. etc. etc. so much that to me it is worth it to have a few more dealer visits over the life of the car if that is the price of getting to enjoy these conveniences the rest of the time.

I really never thought I would think that way. I used to resent anything electronic that made a car less owner-serviceable. I guess I finally gave in, in this day and age where basically adjusting tire pressures, changing oil and filters, and maybe a lightbulb now and again is about all we can reasonably expect to do to our cars. On some cars nowadays even an oil change is such a pain in the backside that one might reasonably choose not to bother.

We currently own three cars and were going to sell the 08 Wrangler Unlimited. However my mother-in-law is visiting from Italy for 6 weeks so of course she gets to drive the Journey while I am back in the Jeep in the interim. No heated steering wheel, not even Bluetooth. How uncivilized! How did we ever live like this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just hit 50,000km in the 2014 AWD R/T and I have to say 11.5l/100 km in the mountains from a v6, I will take. The AWD is sufficient, if I am out on the road and get stuck I probably shouldn't have been out. The brakes are still at 8/10, so they listened to the brake concerns of the early models, and It's only been in the shop for the scheduled maintenance. I am happy there is enough room for the kids gear, the work stuff, it looks good and it goes when you ask it too! Let's hope the great driving continues.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi all,

Just hit 50,000km in the 2014 AWD R/T and I have to say 11.5l/100 km in the mountains from a v6, I will take. The AWD is sufficient, if I am out on the road and get stuck I probably shouldn't have been out. The brakes are still at 8/10, so they listened to the brake concerns of the early models, and It's only been in the shop for the scheduled maintenance. I am happy there is enough room for the kids gear, the work stuff, it looks good and it goes when you ask it too! Let's hope the great driving continues.

Mr.Burns,

Happy to hear all is going well with your Journey.

To me, the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine coupled with AWD capabilities really puts the Journey a cut above!

A true Canadian heavy hitter for our winters.