All-new Journey for 2016

Lawdog1911

so they are giving up the lower end of the market minn-van and only going to produce the more lux and expensive town and country. oh well so some other car manufacture will pick up new cust. remember most of the people buying minn-vans are are couples with kids that might or cant buy 35-40k vech. 20-25k is more in their wheel house i think this will end up being a mistake for fiat.....

I have read somewhere that Dodge will replace the Grand Caravan with a seven passenger Fiat-base crossover, probably with the 3.2l pantastar and the 9 speed transmission, same one as the Cherokee

• 4 weeks later...

Came across that pic i posted from a Mopar page im friends with on Facebook. Seems legit. Although its ONLY photo around. Wont find it via google. It's a good re-style if so. My next truck is probably a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I wont be able to enjoy this new Journey.. or perhaps...!

Edited by DJSXT14

I don't believe, that picture shows the new model. It's just the face, what is different to the current model. Rest is still the same. There were some speculations about a Journey SRT 2 years ago. Maybe it shows this, or it's just photoshop.

I don't believe, that picture shows the new model. It's just the face, what is different to the current model. Rest is still the same. There were some speculations about a Journey SRT 2 years ago. Maybe it shows this, or it's just photoshop.

Either way, looks cool! Certainly a nice refresh! (if legit)

I'm in metro Detroit, if I see one I'll snap a pic. Vehicles that aren't in production yet are always driving around on the roads here. Usually they're covered with "goo" so they're difficult to photograph. I would imagine an SRT journey would be well over 40k. A decked out R/T is usually over 35k. Might not be feasible for this vehicle, unless its something really sweet.

• 1 month later...

I wish they would hurry my wife already wants to trade here 2012 R/T for something that has more power!

I wouldn't be to sure about more power for the 16 model. The trend with carmaker's of late has been smaller engines and many have dropped their V6 motors in favor of 4's with turbos. Not a trend I like as I will never buy a turbo charged engine for a variety of reasons.

I can guarantee the above posted photo is nothing more than a what a fan with decent photoshop skills wishes it will look like. SRT Hellcat/LX Charger SRT8 hood scoop, 2014 Durango headlights and fascia squeezed to Journey proportions, etc.

We won't see the SRT Journey until sometime after the new base model is introduced, which we can expect to happen sometime next year either at NAIAS in January or NYAS in April. MAYBE LAAS in November, but that's a stretch given that not even AllPar has made any noise about the next Journey (that I've noticed, and I've been getting more familiar with AllPar as AllPar and the 300M Club get more connected).

I would not expect to see spy shots of the SRT Journey for at least another year. Fiats latest plan is for production at the tail end of 2016 as a late 2017 MY entry, so we might not see anything for as many as two years. My guess? I would expect the next Journey (base version) to adopt features from the 2014 Durango, and appear to be something like a baby Durango/lifted/bloated Dart hatchback (Fiat offers a Viaggio/Dart hatch in China). The SRT version will likely be turbocharged with standard AWD, though whether it has a four or six remains to be seen. Currently Chrysler has no turbocharged six, however it has a turbo four in the works, so we may see that installed with over 300 BHP. I would expect a 2.4L turbo engine outperforming the Caliber SRT engine with modern tech from Fiat. If the Dart SRT is released before we know more about the Journey SRT, I'd expect the same or similar engine to be used.

My plan for my next vehicle is to purchase a 2018 MY Grand Cherokee Limited, Journey R/T, or Journey SRT, depending on which vehicle has the best bang for buck, looks, and fits my budget at the time. Unless I go to work for GM, in which case I might flog my employee discount if they manage to build something worthy of having my name on the title.

• 2 months later...

Instead of all the wacky names that Chrysler has been using recently, and since they are dropping the Dodge Caravan, it might be wise for the new Chrysler minivan to come in 3 trim levels: Chrysler Voyager, Chrysler Caravan, and Chrysler Town and Country. This would give the new model links to the past, and not alienate past customers! Just a thought.

If Dodge is to be the performance brand, all Dodges need to be RWD or AWD - I guess that 4WD has to be a Jeep only thing!