Dodge journey ownership experience

rajanb

I am an used Dodge Journey 2012 owner with 116000 km on it. All I want to say is complete disappointment. I have this car since 3 months and in that 3 months I have to replace the transmission line, engine oil housing, differential and front sway bar link. I spend over $2000CAD to fix it and thought of good future for the car. The next disappointment was few days ago. I was driving in the highway in the cold weather(-24), without any warning my heater stop blowing hot air and the all the cold outside air was coming inside the car and I was freezing so badly. I drove another 25 minutes to get to my home. I took it to a local garage and they said it's a coolant problem and they filled the coolant with more fluid. When they lift the car, I noticed the leak from the coolant side and also terrible oil leak from the transfer case. I had to book an appointment again to resolve the issue. Honestly guys, I am so worried and tensed about the amount of money again I am going to spend on this car. 

My question is , why Dodge is making such an unreliable car and breaking the trust of customers. Picture of my transfercase I am attaching 

20200110_181038.jpg

So you bought a USED car, I assume you did not take it in to get inspected by a reliable mechanic, had issues that clearly could of been caught before the purchase, bought the car anyway, and now you're blaming Dodge?!?!

Dodge doesn't control how the previous owner maintained it. Dodge didn't tell you to buy a car without fully inspecting it. Blame whomever sold you the car. Blame yourself for not doing your due diligence before buying it. Hell, did you even look under the car before buying it? You might of seen the leak at that point!

Otherwise, I have a perfect VHS player for sale... crystal clear picture. 

Welcome to the forum :)

• 3 weeks later...

To all Dodge journey lovers..All I wanted to say that , save some money for your future dodge journey  repairs...

These are the repairs you can enjoy..alpine sound system issue with no sound, worn out sway bar, tranfer case leak, thermostat not working, trailer link worn out, transmission line leak, engine oil case leaking, problem with the differential.. Its my 3rd Dodge journey.. the reason I buy over and over because it's so cheap to buy used Dodge journey ..Think about it why its cheap and no resale value..?because of the reliability issues...Dissapointment for the Journey lovers I know..but it's a fact..

Give me a thumps up when u guys face those issues that are listed above..I faced all these issues when I hit 100000 km..