Hello from Vermont!

VermontJourney

19 hours ago, lmoore1436 said:

Welcome! Good thinking getting a 17 early on in the year... I'm sure you got a good price, they have crazy incentives on 2017 models. Which trim/options did you get? 

I got the Crossroad - not a ton of options, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  Probably the only thing I'd like to have that I don't is a backup camera, but for $20K out the door I'm quite happy!

Big Congrats on the new Crossroad.  I didn't think I would like it as much as I do myself.  I find it very versitle and does great in the snow so far  (AWD version).  The options are just enough to keep me happy too.  I didn't get the backup camera but did have it added after purchase.  Price wasn't to bad either installed by the dealer.  Nav would have been nice, but not a necessary item for me.

I really like the color too.  Saw that same color in person just the other day and REALLY liked it.

1 hour ago, Steven Harshbarger said:

Big Congrats on the new Crossroad.  I didn't think I would like it as much as I do myself.  I find it very versitle and does great in the snow so far  (AWD version).  The options are just enough to keep me happy too.  I didn't get the backup camera but did have it added after purchase.  Price wasn't to bad either installed by the dealer.  Nav would have been nice, but not a necessary item for me.

I really like the color too.  Saw that same color in person just the other day and REALLY liked it.

Thanks!  Do you mind me asking the approximate cost to add the backup camera?  Is it the "factory" unit or aftermarket?  Just curious...  I'm pleased so far and hopefully I'll enjoy it for a long time...

2 hours ago, VermontJourney said:

Thanks!  Do you mind me asking the approximate cost to add the backup camera?  Is it the "factory" unit or aftermarket?  Just curious...  I'm pleased so far and hopefully I'll enjoy it for a long time...

It's factory installed camera that cost m  $363 installed at my dealership with a dodge accessory %15 off coupon.  The wires were already in the lift gate, so no extra cost in running the wiring harness.  You could probably do it cheaper your self, then pay a small fee from the dealer to put the sales code into your uconnect to activate the camera.  For me, I figured the cost wasnt' that bad and just let them do it all.

If you wanted to do it yourself, the same part number for 2015 found on ebay for oem backup camera (82212553ab) was used on my 2016.

Nice looking DJ and good price! We've got the same exact 2017 Crossroad and love it. Same color and trim. Last November I had local Dodge dealership add backup OEM camera as well. $595 out of the door. The part was $360 plus labor. The vehicle does not come pre-wired for the camera. The tech had to actually run wires from the screen all the way to the back. I watched him doing it. Works great. I had to come back, though, since he forgot to hook up license plate lights. Other than that no issues. I had called 3 different dealerships and this was the lowest price. Main difference was the amount of hours each required to do the work.

Also, to enable GPS they charge $500 or so. Takes only 15 min. 

18 hours ago, Steven Harshbarger said:

It's factory installed camera that cost m  $363 installed at my dealership with a dodge accessory %15 off coupon.  The wires were already in the lift gate, so no extra cost in running the wiring harness.  You could probably do it cheaper your self, then pay a small fee from the dealer to put the sales code into your uconnect to activate the camera.  For me, I figured the cost wasnt' that bad and just let them do it all.

If you wanted to do it yourself, the same part number for 2015 found on ebay for oem backup camera (82212553ab) was used on my 2016.

8 hours ago, N87 said:

Nice looking DJ and good price! We've got the same exact 2017 Crossroad and love it. Same color and trim. Last November I had local Dodge dealership add backup OEM camera as well. $595 out of the door. The part was $360 plus labor. The vehicle does not come pre-wired for the camera. The tech had to actually run wires from the screen all the way to the back. I watched him doing it. Works great. I had to come back, though, since he forgot to hook up license plate lights. Other than that no issues. I had called 3 different dealerships and this was the lowest price. Main difference was the amount of hours each required to do the work.

Thank you both for the advice.  I'll have to get my taxes paid first, but hopefully its something I can add this summer...

If you have the 8.4 inch UConnect (C3 radio) you can activate the Nav yourself for about $300.

see   www.factoryradioparts.com

step by step instructions, no trip to the dealer.  I think they have a $10 off deal going now....  only difference between the C4 Nav radio & this is you don’t get traffic or 1 step destination.  

Another thing came to mind.  If you are looking for an extended warranty shop around.  You can get them over the Internet.  Exact same Mopar warranty your dealer sells.

I just bought a Jeep and got my MaxCare Lifetime Warranty from Clay ar Robbins motors.  First rate guy.  Was $700 cheaper then my dealer (who wouldn’t match his price). 

Try  him at  clay@robbinsmotors.com.   Very upfront, will answer your questions.

if you haven’t done so already make an account on   Mopar.com. You will see all kinds of things about your Journey including recalls, owners booklet, repairs, etc.

Welcome!

27 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

Another thing came to mind.  If you are looking for an extended warranty shop around.  You can get them over the Internet.  Exact same Mopar warranty your dealer sells.

I just bought a Jeep and got my MaxCare Lifetime Warranty from Clay ar Robbins motors.  First rate guy.  Was $700 cheaper then my dealer (who wouldn’t match his price). 

Try  him at  clay@robbinsmotors.com.   Very upfront, will answer your questions.

if you haven’t done so already make an account on   Mopar.com. You will see all kinds of things about your Journey including recalls, owners booklet, repairs, etc.

Welcome!

Thank you for the info - much appreciated!!!

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ is where i bought mine max warranty good for unlimited miles and yrs with a $100 ded. they wouldn't even sell me this warranty at my local dealership, cost me about 2230. but that was in 2014, last time i checked for a Pacific same warranty they were up to 2800 but if you plan on keeping it a long time as much electronics and the engine and trans replacement cost are so high i would recommend it.....

My MaxCare Lifetime ,$100 deductible for my 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus was $2715 from Clay a month ago.  Not sure what the DJ is going for

You have 3 years, 36,000 miles to buy one, but the longer you wait the more you pay.  I believe if you buy in the first year,12k the upcharge is pretty small.....check for yourself

Edited by OhareFred
More info...

I've never been a big believer in these warranties, but it seems like a lot of people are getting them.  I guess I better give it a closer look.  The dealer offered a 5 year, 60K warranty for $1,200.  I passed but could easily still get it.  I don't recall who it was through.  I haven't been one to keep cars for a real long time in the past, however its my intention to keep this car for quite a while.  Sounds like I need to give this some thought...

On 1/30/2018 at 10:26 AM, OhareFred said:

If you have the 8.4 inch UConnect (C3 radio) you can activate the Nav yourself for about $300.

step by step instructions, no trip to the dealer.  I think they have a $10 off deal going now....  only difference between the C4 Nav radio & this is you don’t get traffic or 1 step destination.  

You link doesn't work  properly it's missing www.fa at the front end

Edited by yyz

11 hours ago, VermontJourney said:

I've never been a big believer in these warranties, but it seems like a lot of people are getting them.  I guess I better give it a closer look.  The dealer offered a 5 year, 60K warranty for $1,200.  I passed but could easily still get it.  I don't recall who it was through.  I haven't been one to keep cars for a real long time in the past, however its my intention to keep this car for quite a while.  Sounds like I need to give this some thought...

i never had either but transmission costing 4-5k and so many computers and electronics if you plan on keeping it a long time i would get one  as i did. just plug your info in at the chryslerfactoryplan.com just to see what it would cost you,as i said it depends on how long you plan to keep it...  also i would recommend only a MOPAR warranty not aftermarket 3rd party ones

Edited by 2late4u
spelling

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, N87 said:

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, OhareFred said:

For the record, DJ doesn't use the C3/C4 - we still get the RE2/RB5 - so there's no 'activating the Nav' without replacing the TGM (radio).