2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

I ran your VIN - and interestingly enough, in the Options section of your build sheet there is already a sales code present for DRL. However, sales code LMK for DRL was also available for me to add as a Dealer option which is what we have been doing to enable them. Now, if you take your Journey to the dealer and have them perform a restoration, or reconfiguration, they *should* now work with your touch screen. Remember, they come on once you enable them in the touch screen and then shift into Drive or Reverse. They will not come on simply at idle in park. And when a turn signal is in use, the corresponding DRL turns off so the signal can be clearly seen by oncoming traffic.

Great, thanks so much Journeyman! That's weird that the code is already there as two dealers now have said they can't help me - one of them even took the car for a quick spin around the lot! I have a service scheduled next month so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks again

Great, thanks so much Journeyman! That's weird that the code is already there as two dealers now have said they can't help me - one of them even took the car for a quick spin around the lot! I have a service scheduled next month so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks again

ezyb, When you have them do the reconfigure they may still tell you it won't work and that it DID NOT work.

The dealer I went to did. But they were on after the reconfigure. The service guy drove it out after the reconfigure and parked it, I watched him and saw that they were on, he came in and told me it didn't work, no DRLs. But I saw they were on. Guy had a priceless look when he realized how wrong he was.

The last time we "played" with my Jeep Commander by setting it for Cananda, enabling the DRLs and then setting it back, I, too, got the "sorry it didn't work" line. None of the shop guys realized that when out of gear, they are off and in gear they are on. I had learned that lesson when I activated the DRLs on my '96 Grand Caravan. For the Caravan, I had to go to a Canandian parts supplier and get a relay that plugged into the under dash relay panel. Plugged it in, looked at the lights and said, well that was a waste. Didn't take the relay out (it wasn't returnable, I was just going to let it stay there) and drove it back into the garage and went inside. Wife said, "Great! You got the DRLs working!" and I, of course, said "No, it was a bust". She assured me they were on when I put it in the garage. Did some playing around and discovered that they, indeed, are only on when in gear. Was that way in '96 and continues to this day; got to be in gear for them to light up. That has its advantages as you can run the car for heat in the fall and winter and not have the entire area lit up by the DRLs while parked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wondering if you can help with this topic as well. Going to dealer tuesday for auto light switch. Wondering about drl for mine.

Vin ET166903

was wondering if you could add sales code for auto headlights. new switch added but when asked to turn on in computer the just turned on the switch not in computer. also does sales code need to be added for remote start?

wonder why dodgecares doesnt weigh in on this subject i sent him a pm but never heard back from him. i myself bought a new 14 crossroad and after signing the deal noticed it didnt have drl but wasnt worried about it as i fgured the service dept could get them turned on, but as we found out dodge has pulled a boner on this and fixed it so we cant. hell i was willing to pay to have them and since the car was ordered without them i cant have it put on thur the dealer CRAZY i was able to have the back up cam installed even thoe the dealer said it couldnt be done i should them the web site thur mopar to order the parts then they said oh we can do that....

this goes out to journeyman425 Thank you so much for your help a few months ago. I added auto headlight switch to my dj. when asked to turn on in computer they turned it on at the switch not in the computer. I was wondering if you could add the sales code for the auto lights. and also do i need a sales code for remote start?

thank you

this goes out to journeyman425 Thank you so much for your help a few months ago. I added auto headlight switch to my dj. when asked to turn on in computer they turned it on at the switch not in the computer. I was wondering if you could add the sales code for the auto lights. and also do i need a sales code for remote start?

thank you

I am not finding a sales code for Auto Headlamps. We've never added the switch to a car that didn't have it. Restoring the configuration might pick it up but it also may be tied to the body controller as well. Did you have remote start added to your DJ? There is a Mopar Accessory Kit which adds remote start and supplies you witih two new key fobs which contain the remote start button. When the kit is installed in your DJ, the sales code is added by the installing technician and then a restoration is done which picks up the sales code and enables the remote start system.

Your're very welcome, by the way. I wish I could have enabled your DRL for you. I've contacted Chrysler three times regarding the matter and have still yet to be given a firm answer on the matter. It *appears* to me that sales code LMK for DRL has been relegated to the factory only. In other words, when the vehicle's options are programmed at the factory, LMK can only be added then and no longer by the dealer. I assume this is done so that DRL can be sold as an option when the car is ordered. I don't know if this is factual or not, but I can't see it any other way and no one at Chrysler has been able to say affirmatively either way.

Edited by Journeyman425

I am not finding a sales code for Auto Headlamps. We've never added the switch to a car that didn't have it. Restoring the configuration might pick it up but it also may be tied to the body controller as well. Did you have remote start added to your DJ? There is a Mopar Accessory Kit which adds remote start and supplies you witih two new key fobs which contain the remote start button. When the kit is installed in your DJ, the sales code is added by the installing technician and then a restoration is done which picks up the sales code and enables the remote start system.

Your're very welcome, by the way. I wish I could have enabled your DRL for you. I've contacted Chrysler three times regarding the matter and have still yet to be given a firm answer on the matter. It *appears* to me that sales code LMK for DRL has been relegated to the factory only. In other words, when the vehicle's options are programmed at the factory, LMK can only be added then and no longer by the dealer. I assume this is done so that DRL can be sold as an option when the car is ordered. I don't know if this is factual or not, but I can't see it any other way and no one at Chrysler has been able to say affirmatively eith

Thank you so much for your help. The service dept at the dealership I bought my dj at is not known for their service dept. Thank God we have a person like you to fall back on for questions and get real answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Journeyman,

I am also trying to find out if my Daytime Running Lights can be activated. At this point I have the option to turn my drl on and off

but nothing happens. My DJ is a 2013 RT built July 2013.

Service Dept basically told me can't happen and really weren't interested in trying either. My Dodge is not as common here in Australia as in the States & Canada.

Is it possible for you to check whether I have the option if I give you the last 8 digits of my vin?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Journeyman425, Thanks for taking the time to help.

I know it's not a big issue in the scheme of things, but it irks me that it appears in the UConnect system in the car and it doesn't work.

I saw the thread about the DRL on the Forum and thought it's worth a try.

So here I am with my last 8 vin digit numbers, DT686648.

Thanks again :)

Hello again -

Sorry, but no luck. The sales code LMK which is needed to enable the DRL is no longer present for 2014 models. No one at Chysler has confirmed this for me, but my belief is that LMK is now an option that can only be added/configured at the factory if the code is selected as an extra-charge option when the vehicle is ordered by the dealer. I have seen some 2014 DJ's with LMK in the Options field of the build sheet, as opposed to the Dealer Added Options field which is where it used to be found when added by a dealer. Sorry that I couldn't help, and yes that would annoy me to no end if I could not enable/disable it as the manual instructs. It's like a tease.

Hi Thanks again for your time and effort. Looks like it's not going to happen.

I love the car and driving it is a pleasure. Compared to some issues I've read about here, it's a minor one!

Have a good day/night, not sure which. ;)

A fantastic day here for a winters day.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, have a 2014 Journey Crossroad. I have had it a little over a month. Right after I purchased it, I made a service appointment to have the DRLs turned on. I drove into the Service Aisle, and went into the Service Advisor. He told me that there was a change for 2014, and that they could not be turned on. The car was never taken back to the Service Bays; so nothing was looked at or done.

2014 Journey Crossroad, VIN: ET264901. See if you can work your magic.

I have the option on the radio screen to turn them on, but they do not come on.

Thank you.

I, too, have a 2014 Journey Crossroad. I have had it a little over a month. Right after I purchased it, I made a service appointment to have the DRLs turned on. I drove into the Service Aisle, and went into the Service Advisor. He told me that there was a change for 2014, and that they could not be turned on. The car was never taken back to the Service Bays; so nothing was looked at or done.

2014 Journey Crossroad, VIN: ET264901. See if you can work your magic.

I have the option on the radio screen to turn them on, but they do not come on.

Thank you.

Sorry to say that I have no magic :( I checked your VIN and verified what your dealer has told you. Despite the fact that the option remains on the screen to enable and disable the DRL, the sales code that is required for them to operate was not ordered by your dealer when the order for your Journey was placed. Up untl model year 2013, the sales code for DRL could be added to the car by the dealer, but that was changed for 2014.

I would love to see some pictures of your Crossroad - I am partial to Copper Pearl, as you may be aware...:)

Hey Journeyman425:

I was told the same thing as previous users. My last numbers are ET128016. If you could check, that would be awesome.

2014 Journey SXT , miles 21180

Yet another Copper Pearl! Ya gotta love it!

And yet another apology - no go on the DRL for yours, either - see my last post, above. Sorry guys.

Sorry to say that I have no magic :( I checked your VIN and verified what your dealer has told you. Despite the fact that the option remains on the screen to enable and disable the DRL, the sales code that is required for them to operate was not ordered by your dealer when the order for your Journey was placed. Up untl model year 2013, the sales code for DRL could be added to the car by the dealer, but that was changed for 2014.

I would love to see some pictures of your Crossroad - I am partial to Copper Pearl, as you may be aware... :)

DriversSeat_zps6ca8e0db.jpg

Crossroad_zps21197da4.jpg

Front3Quarter_zps6e90bc31.jpg

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

Rear_zpsd1b7406e.jpg

Edited by dhh3

Enjoy the pictures. I am sure enjoying the car. I added the Mopar cross bars and a Mopar rubber mat to cover the third row carpet. BTW, I have added Rear Fog Lights since taking these pictures. The lights look slightly different than the reflectors, but they snap in exactly the same way.

Edited by dhh3

Wow, that looks really cool! Love seeing the Crossroad in my color! Tell me more about the rear fog lights - are they aftermarket or is that a new Mopar accessory that I'm not aware of? Off to my Mopar catalog now to look! How do they wire up and how difficult were they to connect to the existing wiring?