LED headlights

no problem with mine......i did notice after installing my led bulbs in the fog lights that when i turn on my headlights my fog lights come on automatically without having to use the headlight button, never noticed that happening before i installed the led bulbs. any others notice this. its fine with me but was wondering if any one else notice it as well....

• 4 months later...

HI, late post to the LED question.  Was there a consensus of a drop in LED high or low unit?  One post explained it was the worst thing to do and others mentioned modifying the plugs with resistors, etc.  I have a 2015 DJ SXT and would like to convert over to the LEDs for a nice brighter white light.

7 hours ago, martyman.geo said:

HI, late post to the LED question.  Was there a consensus of a drop in LED high or low unit?  One post explained it was the worst thing to do and others mentioned modifying the plugs with resistors, etc.  I have a 2015 DJ SXT and would like to convert over to the LEDs for a nice brighter white light.

I have not put mine in yet, they will be in this weekend, but I have done countless led/hid installs. Always get a canbus for your led just to be safe, better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. Just get the right size, and when you put the led bulb in, make sure the chips are facing left and right , not up and down. They are very bright and might need adjusting. 

If you want a fool proof alternative, HID bulbs are great, but require you to have some what electrical knowledge to put them in if you are newer to cars because of the relay harness/ballists etc. 

Either one will greatly enhance the light output, just dont always go to cheap, you get what you pay for!

I went with Hikari brand led bulb because they use the Philips chips. mine, with canbus, were just over $100

I also bought led fog light bulbs, but went with an ebay bulb to test out

ordered led license plate lights and reverse lights, 

have a light bar coming in this week. 

Hoping to install it all this weekend. Will post pics to give a better idea when they are in!

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, martyman.geo said:

BdBerry,  Thank you for the info.  I have one question, what is a canbus?  I am good at doing swap outs, but when it comes to other high tech wiring/programming that brings me to a limit of reaching out to other folks for assistance.

Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer.

JKeateon,  Thank you for explaining that.  I ordered a low beam set with the CANbus attached on the 14, they came in on the 28 and installed them this afternoon.  Don't look into the light after they are in.  Pretty darn bright in the daylight. 

I want to check them out at night to see the difference.  I did make sure the flat sides facing the sides not up and down.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. New here. Just got a 2017 Journey GT. Got some new LED lights from cougar motors. Swapped out the halogen bulbs and they worked great. Shut the car off and started it again and they no longer work. Plugged the halogen back in and still nothing. I assume it’s a fuse. Just have to figure out which one. Do I need a larger fuse? Something I missed?

883CE100-2ABF-4662-947B-6F34DB14D871.jpeg

205F8475-C86C-4720-BE51-0E763B6ACED8.jpeg

52916416-A228-43A6-94C7-B3795797F212.MOV

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed SV-4 LEDs in my 200S in both fog and headlights. They came with pre-wired inline resistors so they were the plug-n-play type. The fogs are working perfectly and the headlight pattern looks great but they (headlights) are randomly winking off and on. Not in unison and only flicker for a second but its annoying.

Any ideas? Thoughts? These were definitely not cheap bulbs.

Edited by KnightRoller
misspelled

There are several companies that make anti flicker harnesses that plug into the bulbs. The cheap ones seem to have mixed results. I also have a really mild flicker from time to time on my LED headlights, but it's not enough to bother me...yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 12:21 AM, centermedic said:

Which socket type?

Hi Looking at the link you added. Which Lumens did you go with? From what I have read 5000k should be enough but your link starts at 8000k and 12000k. Also, last question will these work for high and low beam? 

19 hours ago, DJ GT said:

Hi Looking at the link you added. Which Lumens did you go with? From what I have read 5000k should be enough but your link starts at 8000k and 12000k. Also, last question will these work for high and low beam? 

Lumens and color temperature are two different things. Lumens is brighteness, color temperature is just what it says, color of the visable light. As the temperature goes up, the amount of visible light (lumens) goes down. An 8000k temperature bulb will have less "brighteness" than a 5000k bulb. High and low beams are different. They are 9005 and 9006 bulbs.

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 7:25 PM, Baumrb said:

I'm sorry if this was a topic discussed in the past but I couldn't find it in my search. 

My questions is- will LED bulbs work in our journeys without the need for relays , etc? 

Thanks! 

Yes I just replaced all of mine,

LED High beam 9005

Low beam are 9006

and fog lights are 2504

you can find all of these on amazon for under $50 each set.

5 hours ago, AOXOMOXOA said:

Yes I just replaced all of mine,

LED High beam 9005

Low beam are 9006

and fog lights are 2504

you can find all of these on amazon for under $50 each set.

Welcome to forum.

Which brand are working without flickering and no extra resistors?

When you say flickering what exactly do you mean? I have seen people complaining about them going out. Or out and on. 

they are not doing that at all. 

my 9005 are autoone. They were around $30 on Amazon. I got them because they are the same shape as the OEM light and don’t have a dongle. These are the high beams. I don’t believe they have any flicker. But they are rarely on. 

the 9006 I got for free from my son. They are Forscher. I don’t know where he got them or the cost. And they do have a dongle and are supposed to be flicker free. Or so he says. 
I can’t tell. Maybe a slight rapid flicker. It’s not very noticeable if at all. These are the low beams and are on most of the time 

there is mention of decoders/resistors in the instructions. But I’m not using these for any of the lights. 

and the fog lights are Alla, another inexpensive Amazon order. And they do not flicker at all. 

I wanted different types so I could see what difference they make. 

it’s only been a few days so far. 
but I am enjoying  them a lot. 

Edited by AOXOMOXOA

9 hours ago, Locosiete said:

Dodge

Dodge uses a canbus system so many LED lights will flicker.  It is a very noticeable and fast blink. Those require a resistor to fix. My guess is the ones you bought already have them built in which is great. And you would notice it immediately when you turned on your lights when the car is running. 

Here is a very short video of my lights against my garage door.

this is my LED lights in action.

IMG_5090.MOV

On 3/8/2019 at 12:18 AM, martyman.geo said:

I had no issues at all with ones in got off of Amazon for under $40