Engine stumble/miss

BrianS

2015 DJ w/V6 5000km

I'm noticing an occasional pronounced miss when sitting at a light in gear. Anyone else experience this? Doesn't seem to affect drivability or engine power.

Making arrangements to take it into dealer to have them look at it, just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

• Official Dodge Support

2015 DJ w/V6 5000km

I'm noticing an occasional pronounced miss when sitting at a light in gear. Anyone else experience this? Doesn't seem to affect drivability or engine power.

Making arrangements to take it into dealer to have them look at it, just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

BrianS,

It could be something as simple as poor quality fuel.

As stated above, try to determine when it happens in order to demonstrate it for your dealer.

Please post up the fix if possible.

No check engine light. And yes, totally intermittent so the odds of finding the problem, if there is one, is probably impossible. Not sure I can reproduce it as it probably only happens about 1% of the engine run time, but we shall see what happens.

Noticed the same stumble / slight hesitation on occasion during accelerations. Happens then it is gone, with no constant for reference other than I notice during accelerating. So infrequent that I assumed some adjustment happening like was previously mentioned. No warning light etc... Just letting you know it happens to other DJs also.

This may not be the solution for the "stumble".

When I bought my 2007 Caliber SXT 2.0L in 2006 I would notice

that on acceleration from a stop there a "stumble/pause" on initial

application of the gas pedal.

Talking to a number of others on the Caliber forum many noticed the same thing.

I found on the net an article regarding the "fly by wire throttle" setup associated

with the Caliber and it stated you could re-calibrate the throttle to eliminate this

problem , since I believe the DJ also is fly by wire this help.

1.Turn/set ignition to "RUN" but do not start.

2.Depress gas pedal slowly to floor while counting to 15.

3.Release gas pedal to full up/released position while counting to 15.

4.Turn the ignition to "OFF".

5.After waiting 5-10 minutes restart and see if "stumble/pause" is gone.

Didn't work in all cases but a number of members said that it did make a difference.

• 1 month later...

Finally got into the dealer to have them look at this. August was too busy for me. Another "it ain't broke, so we can't fix it" situation... which was what I expected as it never did throw a code of any kind. A very occasional and intermittent thing, so probably just my imagination.

Finally got into the dealer to have them look at this. August was too busy for me. Another "it ain't broke, so we can't fix it" situation... which was what I expected as it never did throw a code of any kind. A very occasional and intermittent thing, so probably just my imagination.

In this day and age, if there is no check engine light or code, dealers really can't do much besides charging you $100 and stating "cannot duplicate problem".

• 6 months later...

As a mechanic and have friends in the motor machine shop business. He told me the 3.6 engines had problems with the rollers in the cylinder heads to the values.the bearings in the rollers fail due to poor design. Symptoms include miss fire feeling at idle. But drives ok with. I misfire or lack of problem issue. I have 2014 rt and I feel the same slight miss at lights or while warm up.food for thought.