My retrofitted headlights arrived

My retrofitted lights have arrived finally. After long waiting and splitting with cash, I received my lights. I have them already installed in the vehicle. Wouldn't even try to describe how complicated the harness is and how complicated it was to install them. It is really busy under the hood now.
It took 5 months from start to finish to get them done, wow...

Here is the bench test video from the retrofitter:

Edited by Totemus

Are these the ones from China? I found a set on ebay, but I'm not buying anything from China. I like the 2 colored signal light. Is the high beam on all the time?

Lingenfelter, the Company that does Hot Corvettes, is about 30 miles from me. They are a dealer for Oracle Lighting. One of these days, I'm going to drive down there and see if it is possible to add a set of LEDs and use them as DRLs. Since I have a 2014, I do not have the code to allow the factory DRLs to be turned on..

I like the idea of the projectors. How much do they improve the light output over stock? Good looking lights!

Edited by dhh3

No, they are not from China. Those are professionally retrofitted OEM headlights. They mimic the OEM operation: I've had DRLs activated, so what you call a high beam is LED DRL now. They are no pt used for height beam as the projector provides both low and high beams.

You can have DRL activated at dealership. I did it for my 2014. Depending on your relationship with the dealership they can charge you $0 to $100. But if you plug LED for DRL, you will have to insert resistors as well, as DRL is a height beam at lower power ( 6V). LEDs will not work if you just throw them in, you'll need some additional mods. Besides, you will lose high beam, because LEDs (non-projector LEDS from ebay) are not designed for high beam.

The power output is amazing - it is 55w projector HID super power compared to stock halogen.

Those look freaking sweet! Get some pics/videos of them on the car! How much did it cost you?

Generally this is going to be very pricey. Your best bet is to do them yourself if you have any fabrication skills or just like to tinker. It is a very simple task (minus the custom etching, but you can get that done by someone else)...

Those look really great. Mind telling us the cost and the guy who did them?

Probably north of $600. The video very clearly states who did them... Sick HIDs.

http://www.sickhids.com/

His particular build is on this page... http://www.sickhids.com/#!chrysler/c1015

Edited by Lobitz68

Thanks for feedback! Plan to take some pictures, including the cut, didn't have enough time.

Regarding the price: his base price is $450 plus shipping. You pretty much get the projector and that's it. All other goodies go on top of that, and I have:

- custom paint

- tinted parking reflector

- led DRL (aka high beam)

- led switch-back turn signal

- custom harness to make all this working

Plus I purchased TYC headlighs to swap them for the time of the project.

You can have you own build - sky an your budget is the limit :) This guy is good and very thorough. You have to be ready for a looong project as he is really busy.

Edited by Totemus

Thanks for feedback! Plan to take some pictures, including the cut, didn't have enough time.

Regarding the price: his base price is $450 plus shipping. You pretty much get the projector and that's it. All other goodies go on top of that, and I have:

- custom paint

- tinted parking reflector

- led DRL (aka high beam)

- led switch-back turn signal

- custom harness to make all this working

Plus I purchased TYC headlighs to swap them for the time of the project.

You can have you own build - sky an your budget is the limit :) This guy is good and very thorough. You have to be ready for a looong project as he is really busy.

Yeah, 5 months is a long time... They do look nice though. Waiting for those pics!

Interesting color choices in there... is the car white?

the car is pearl white:

Black grille

I now have mirror covers and the grey part of the lower grille (don't remember how this is called) painted black. I basically want to keep the 3 color scheme "white-black-red" throughout the vehicle and was disappointed that red front turn signals are illegal :( . Back are LED red, though :)

nice job man

but... probably i'm missing something...

how can you flash with highbeams during the day?

(you know... when on a highway you meet an old man, driving with his hat on, on the left lane, at 10 mph... the highbeams are useful to say "get the f**k ou of my way you d**n a*****e in morse code :lol:)

i mean,

it seems that you can use the high beams only when the headlights are on

Am I wrong?

Edited by apellefigliodapollo

Mine are not ready yet, But I told the guy I am in no hurry and to take his time. Its been 5 months. He added morimoto lows and ridged high beams and amber oracle concept strips in the side marker reflector area. ( where yours are red ). Hope to get them back soon when my wheels and tires are ready. They are getting painted and are in the shop too. They were done for cheap so I told them to do them when they can, lol.

• 2 weeks later...