New Journey Crossroad Announced

Journeyman425

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just bought the crossroad, these are the tires that are on it

KUMHO 225/55/R19

Ditto. Probably get something different when the time comes. I dunno if you can up the profile to 60 or have to go to a 235 to get more options. Everything that ive read and heard, the Kumho's get 36k miles or less. Not a big deal, im sure that better replacements can be had in the $800/set range +/-

well i got 60k out of my 17 inch , kept them rotated every 10k and we do alot of hwy. driving not much intown. guess thats the diff.

Maybe, I dunno. Compounds make a big difference. Not sure if they're the same between 17" and 19". Got just over 50k outa my Avenger 17" stock tires. I upped the profile 1 size on the replacements, and 35k later they barely show any wear. Thought I would need to replace before winter but I doubt it. I'll have em checked out either way, might do the fronts for peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Firestone Destination St tires in the pictures are P255/50R19. They are available on the Firestone/Bridgestone's web site. These are a performance tire, and not really good in the snow. I had Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus on my Nitro, and they performed flawlessly in the snow, and they are also available in this size. But, the Nitro was 4WD, and my Crossroad is FWD. My Nitro had 20s. I'm going to try the Khumos in the snow this winter and see how they perform. If I have any issues, I'll mount the Duelers.

BTW, when I purchased the Duelers for my Nitro, I did want the Destination Sts, but the tire salesman talked me into the Duelers because he told me that they were a much better tire.

The Destinations in the picture are 10.04" wide, compared to Khumos at 8.86" wide.

Edited by dhh3