Floor mats

Rob K

I just ordered a set from Weather tech for all three rows they are floor liners that cover the entire floor keeping the carpets clean should be here in a week.

They are custom cut to fit every row even the hard to find third row.

Looking forward to putting them in and keeping the floors clean.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi anyone know whee i can get a good set of custom floor mats for my 2010 Journey? I am looking for a good set of winter mats that will fit all three rows seeing as the back row is a little different.

I do not want to ruin my carpet with salt stains.

I have ordered the Weathertech mats for my last 2 vehicles and like the way that they fit. They are custom moulded to the vehicle and feature a lip that will hold in the slush/melted snow to keep the interior clean. They also have a rear cargo cover that is custom fit also. Get the complete set. It is definately worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone ordered a set of floor mats for the 2011 Journey yet? I need to get a set but I'd like some opinions first.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just checked and they have the Husky Liners in stock at my local Action Van & Truck World. $92.99 plus tax. Gonna pick the front ones this week and I'll let you guys know how they fit.

Edited by Dre

If you could take pictures, that would be great. I see that the WeatherTech ones don't have the two retaining holes. The 09 and 10 Journey's had only 1 retaining clip but the 2011's have 2.

Yeah I know what you mean. When you go on the WeatherTech site and select the 2011 Journey it asks how many retaining clips there is and the only option is 1. I'm picking up the Husky Liners this week so I'll take some pictures and will post them on here.

Edited by Dre

Picked up my Husky Liners front floor mats yesterday. Overall I'm really happy with them. I love the checkered plate look. I think these are the same as the 2010 models though because there's just one little bump for a retaining clip in the middle of the mat instead of one on each sides. It doesn't really matter though as the retaining clips don't lift the corners in any way and the bottom of the mats have tiny rubber spikes all over that hold it in place super tight so it doesn't move around at all. Sorry about the pic quality I just took these real quick with my phone.

img0353l.jpgimg0354kb.jpgimg0355ve.jpgimg0356yx.jpgimg0357ic.jpgimg0358lx.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Love the look of those mats!

It looks to me like the driver's mat doesn't sit quite low enough near the door, more than likely due to the two retaining clips pushing it up slightly. I'm going to wait until proper mats with two retaining holes are made for the 2011 models.

Wonderful pics. I just have couple of questions. Are these mats made of a hard plastic or are they a flexible rubber. Also, I have the RT with Black carpets and White Leather, do these come in a flat black colour to match the darker carpets, judging by the pictures, the look grey. Finally, do the ones for the 2nd row cover the bump in the floor, and also is it still easy to access the rear storage bins with them in the back seats.

Can these be ordered through a retailers in local stores or are they just available online.

Thanks

It looks to me like the driver's mat doesn't sit quite low enough near the door, more than likely due to the two retaining clips pushing it up slightly. I'm going to wait until proper mats with two retaining holes are made for the 2011 models.

It's really not as bad as it looks. I think it's just the angle the picture was taken from. I'll try to take a pic from the passenger side so you can see what I mean.

Wonderful pics. I just have couple of questions. Are these mats made of a hard plastic or are they a flexible rubber. Also, I have the RT with Black carpets and White Leather, do these come in a flat black colour to match the darker carpets, judging by the pictures, the look grey. Finally, do the ones for the 2nd row cover the bump in the floor, and also is it still easy to access the rear storage bins with them in the back seats.

Can these be ordered through a retailers in local stores or are they just available online.

- The mats are more of a hard plastic material. I actually prefer this as they keep their shape and don't move around at all this way.

- The mats are actually black. It was really sunny that day and that's probably why they look grey. My carpet and leather are black and they blend in perfectly.

- I didn't buy the second row liners so I can't tell you how easy it would be to access the storage bins. The site says it's a one peice liner so yes it covers the bump.

- Yes they can be ordered through your local retailer. That's what I did.

http://www.huskyliners.com

Take care!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at the Husky Liners but they don't offer mats for the 3rd row the way Weathertech does.

The Husky Liners are still the 2010 models. I imagine they may add the 3rd row option when they start selling the 2011 models. My in-laws have the WeatherTech for their Edge and Rav4 and they love them so it's a good buy either way.

• 2 months later...

Is it easier to move the hook than to put new holes in the mat?

Well the hole in the Weathertech has a high molded rim around it to stop

captured water from draining out to the carpet.

If you just cut 2 holes in the mat (I thought abt it) then the water can drain to the

carpet thru those holes.

Up to you-pays your money takes your chances!

Really it took me 10-15 minutes to move the hook,just leave the one closest

to the hump where it is as it doesn't cause any problems.

Edited by bigtsr

I just received my Husky Liners and the drivers side has 3 reliefs or bumps for the holding pins. My DJ is a 2009 so the middle bump took care of my holding pin but there are two more bumps on either side. Did not realize why there were two extra on the sides until I saw the prior post. The Husky doesn't have holes for the pins so water cannot get through at all. I ordered the mats from Autopartsway.ca

Edited by GoodMoodley

Well the hole in the Weathertech has a high molded rim around it to stop

captured water from draining out to the carpet.

If you just cut 2 holes in the mat (I thought abt it) then the water can drain to the

carpet thru those holes.

Up to you-pays your money takes your chances!

Really it took me 10-15 minutes to move the hook,just leave the one closest

to the hump where it is as it doesn't cause any problems.

Makes sense. I wish Weathertech would just offer a version with two holes.

Is the hook attached to anything or is it just held in place by the hole in the carpet?