Floor mats

Rob K

Why not put the mats in on top of the factory mats? I have a set of Fanmats in mine on top of the factory mats. They fit perfect, have no bumps where the hooks are, and they are deep enough to hold the slush until they can be vacuumed out. $26.00 at Meijer. Still need to order a set for the rear to match the front, about $12.00 each.

Is the hook attached to anything or is it just held in place by the hole in the carpet?

The hook assy is all 1 piece with it snapping closed at its frontmost part.

The carpeting has 2 holes in it to accomodate the hook.

I placed the Weathertech mat in position and marked the hole position

on the carpeting with a piece of chalk,pried up the doorsill cover(2 snapfits)

then cut the marked hole,then used the hook assy to determine the #2 holes

position then cut it out with tile knife.

As for placing Weathertech or Husky liners just on top of existing carpet

and hooks you may have an insurance problem if you have an accident due

to liner moving and jamming gas peddle.I know probably won't happen

but for 10-15 minutes work I prefer my solution.

Nobody thought it would be a problem in all those runaway Toyotas either though, did they? LOL If you want to take chances with laying mats over the factory ones, go for it. Just remember, if the throttle gets pinned, use NEUTRAL to coast along until you can pull the mats back, don't leave it in drive and race into other vehicles, or rock cuts, or medians, or some other obstacle. ;)

My mats haven't moved at all in 8 months. I haven't modified them with a carpet knife either. I don't see the difference between aftermarket mats gripping the original carpet versus gripping the factory mats. Personally I think the holes made with a carpet knife would tend to rip out if your mats are going to move around. I guess it is just personal preferance.

• 1 month later...

You would think anytime now anyways... Still not available.

I called Weathertech and asked if the two hook version would be out soon. They said that they haven't had any requests for it. I find that interesting since I submitted their online product request form over a month ago.

After hearing that, I bought the Husky mats

Or you can do as I did in post #28 in this thread because I wanted the WeatherTech mats.

Let me assure you this carpet will not tear because you move the hook.

Lift the sill plate and see how thick and tough the carpeting in the DJ really is,10-15 minutes job tops.

Or you can do as I did in post #28 in this thread because I wanted the WeatherTech mats.

Let me assure you this carpet will not tear because you move the hook.

Lift the sill plate and see how thick and tough the carpeting in the DJ really is,10-15 minutes job tops.

Yeah, that's an option too. I can't quite picture what would be entailed in moving the hook since I don't have my Journey yet.

Does the Weathertech mat cover the entire foot rest on the driver's side?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's an option too. I can't quite picture what would be entailed in moving the hook since I don't have my Journey yet.

Does the Weathertech mat cover the entire foot rest on the driver's side?

The WeatherTech covers the entire rubberized part of the footrest.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 Crew and at first wanted the Weathertech. Unfortunatly for them they don't seem to be fast on producing a version for the 2 hook version and I didn't want to mess with them.

I finally went for the Husky and they fit great.

Just received the black front and back huskies and they fit and look great in my grey crew.

• 4 months later...

Both mats are great, I personally liked the look of the weathertech better so I went with those for all three rows and cargo area and they look and fit great. I know others that have Husky and they say the same. Its all a matter of preference. Look at both and buy the ones you like.

I also went with the Weathertech, in black with the three rows. Fit very nice. Easy to clean. Middle row a bit tough to get out to clean without dumping contents on the carpet, just have to be carefull. Side note, my set had the provision for the dual hooks.