Dodge Journey Brake Problems

Kate68

• 4 months later...

We have a 2013 DJ that currently has 17,000 kms on it. Aside from previous tows due to power steering pump hoses busting (In the cars defense, it WAS -29 out) So I ddn't hold that against the car as a screw up.

What bothers me is today, out of absolutely nowhere, the car started making this seriously loud grinding, screeching, squealing noise from the passenger rear tire area.

What was confusing was when I compressed the brakes, the noise faded. When the veh was at a stop, the noise came back. When the veh was rolling in neutral, the noise came back.

So I got it to the driveway, and called my husband out. I told him to go test drive it. He got three houses up the road, turned around and said "call a tow truck".

So the veh was towed over to the dealer.

What is interesting about this is about 2 weeks ago, a rather steady "huummmmmm" came from the back end. It was when the veh was going at normal speeds. To be honest, I seriously figured it was wind blowing over the ice build up on the back end of the roof of the Journey.

So, after hours of looking online, I am nervous to find out what the dealer says is wrong.