Reverberation driving with windows down.

I actually miss the rear windows in the caravans that would tilt out with a flip of a switch, I used that quite a bit,and yes if you had read your car manual you would have read about this problem when using the rear windows....

4 hours ago, 2late4u said:

I actually miss the rear windows in the caravans that would tilt out with a flip of a switch, I used that quite a bit,and yes if you had read your car manual you would have read about this problem when using the rear windows....

Not to get off topic but, thanks for reminding me how much I also miss those motorized tilt out windows.

2 hours ago, probak118 said:

Not to get off topic but, thanks for reminding me how much I also miss those motorized tilt out windows.

Some even had MANUAL  pop open windows.....I've had many over the years from '85-04 models. First one I had was 27 years ago !    ;)  I preferred the LWB over the "shorty" models.  

Edited by 5rebel9

This problem started after A/C became so common in cars that they no longer designed vehicles for driving with the windows down.  Some younger folks may think I'm nuts, or pulling your leg, but cars of the 50's and at least until the early 60's didn't do that.  (Family cars my folks had before A/C that I specifically remember as not being like that are a 48 Dodge, 53 DeSoto, and a 62 Chrysler.  The last one later became my first car, and I always drove with the windows down in good weather - like I said, it didn't have A/C.  The next car they got did have it, a 71 Olds 98, and if you put the windows down it had the issue you're talking about.)

1 hour ago, Bill Adams said:

And who the heck read the owners manual?

Uh...I read most of the manual. You'd be surprised what they put on there. Very informative and nice when you are sitting in the car waiting for the wife or kids. 

Would avoid a lot of those "Where is the fuse box?" Or "What's this light mean?" type of questions. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:49 PM, Bill Adams said:

And who the heck read the owners manual? Seriously.

This right here is the cause of 99% of the questions asked on forums and facebook groups...lmao. People who would rather someone else read it and do the work for them. :yup:

Edited by jkeaton