After Journey

Appalachian Journey

What's next for you? Another Journey or FCA product?

I'm considering the Aventador, but only if I can get the payments down to $1,000 a month. I won't finance a car longer than 30 years. 

Chevy Bolt. I think owning an EV would be different, fun. I have other cars for long trips or forgot to charge days.

Chevy Volt. Less likely but on the list.

Going the other direction FCA still offers a couple oldies but goodies I'll look at.

What's on your list?

Probably a Ford. My son in law is a tech at a ford dealership and we get pretty much free maintenance work, lifetime power train warranty and a heck of a discount on buying vehicles with the ford family deal. I've already bought an F-150 from them. We'll see what happens when the wifes car is paid off or the extended warranty runs out, whichever happens first.

want to move up to a halfton diesel truck. 1500 ecodiesel in a specific white with gold/yellow trim and the nice (light) brown interior (i think its the laramie package). other than that ill slug it with the journey and pentastar for quite some time.

After the Dodge, 
I got a VOLT as my second car, and it quickly became my primary. EV is the way of the future, if your able to make it work I highly recommend it. I have a 7 mile commute to work, so the Volt's 40 mile EV city range gets me around town for a day's worth of driving using only my employer's chargers. the Range extender takes care of those long hauls

With the volt as a second car, I think I'll replace it with a GM product (provided I'm still working with GM when I make that choice) Perhaps a TrailBlazer.. or a Blazer if I decide to tow.

I've also considered a pre-owned BOLT as the journey replacement as I've already got a taste of EV and i'm drunk on it. 

Having the BOLT as my runabout, and the VOLT as my touring car is the ideal situation.

Sorry for the word soup from my previous post. I re-typed it to make at more 'sensible':

I have a Journey, and bought the VOLT as the second car; ultimately the Journey is parked 90% of the time, and me and the wife prefer the VOLT.

I'm going to start towing a trailer, so the Journey has just got its second-wind as a tractor for my 1,000lb camper.

- AFTER the Journey, I'll replace it with either a 2021 TrailBlazer, or a 2020 Blazer (if I do keep towing). I"m also considering a pre-owned $16k BOLT as I can use the BOLT as my daily runabout and the VOLT as my touring car.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

• 4 months later...

I’ve been a Cadillac guy since before I could drive. I really love the CT5 styling, but I don’t like how crazy the price jumps on a six cylinder, and GM still can’t craft an interior. I’ve been looking a lot at Volvo S60 and S90

I simply cannot decide yet

I'm waiting for the restyled Journey... it's coming right? 

Seriously though, I went car viewing over the holidays (Jeep, Kia, Tahow) and scared the heck out of myself thinking about having a car payment again. If I did buy another vehicle, I'm buying a Range Rover for the wife (yeah, I know all the comments). With about 50% down, the payment will be just under $700...ewe.

Just switched from an F150 to a 2015 Ram that a close friend owned. Seems fine first few days, hope carbon taxes don’t go nuts after COVID situation.

Have owned a few Honduh’s, decent vehicles in my opinion. Good engineering and ok to work on. I haul too heavy for Ridgeline, but I wouldn’t be afraid of buying one.

• 1 month later...