Codes p0792, p0734, p0128 2011 Dodge Journey

Nykol

I just financed a 2011 dodge Journey yesterday. Test drove it 2 different days and both times the car ran flawlessly. Had my dad check it out and everything looked and sounded good to him. This morning Im driving to go get gas in it and run errands and not even 3 miles latter the check engine light pops on. I take it to Autozone to get codes read. They pulled codes p0792, p0734, and p0128. I take it to our local transmission shop and guy checks transmission fluid and it's where it should be. He checks and clears the codes. He drives it around with me in it and light stays off. Its running smooth and he even manually shifts it as well and still runs great. I made an apt for Monday cuz the p0734 code has him wanting to look at it. I drove off and get not even 2 miles from the shop and the check engine light is on again. It popped on as I was slowing down because of traffic in town. Idk what to do here. I bought it as is no warranty. I had to finance it at that. Dealership did offer me a 6 month/6000 mile powertrain warranty and I have 7 days to do so. 

Side note and not sure whether it has anything to do with the issue. But my husband was trying to tell me someone moved our car last night cuz it wasnt parked as far up. I thought he was being crazy but after I got home and parked it (our driveway has an incline) I looked out and noticed it was back further. The ground under it is packed down snow with some ice so we think the car slide while parked both times. I moved it to a spot where is bare cement and it hasnt moved..

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I fell in love with the car and not even 24hrs latter having issues.

Edited by Nykol

4 minutes ago, larryl said:

I would be heading back to where I bought it pretty quick....

Even tho it's as is no warranty? Or should I hurry up and get the 6 month 6000 mile warranty? Mechanic suggested I find out what's wrong first so if I need to get that warranty..

Edited by Nykol

In Michigan we don't have a lemon law or any kind of protection. When it says as is no warranty they can do it ?

I guess I'm looking for ideas of what the actual issue could be or if anyone has had this codes happen to them.

If you absolutely cannot get out of this deal, depending on what the 6 month warranty costs, you might want to jump on it. This car sounds like nothing but problems. I would REALLY try to get a different car. Tell them you will Be forced to tell your story and give bad reviews on social media (but be nice, no yelling and dramatics). Ask to  speak with the dealership general manager/owner, NOT the salesman (he can’t help you).   Most will work with you, especially  if they really did not know about the issues. Maybe they will fix the issue for good will.  What kind of dealer is it?  A big 3 dealer or a third party on the corner dealer?

Edited by OhareFred

The car lot is closed till monday at this point. I am getting the warranty on monday. I was told by mechanic that's working on car on monday not to say anything till I get the warranty in place. He also said the dealership will not do anything being a 3rd party used car lot. It's a local lot.