Journey bluetooth not connecting to uConnect

For the second time in six months, my bluetoth phone lost connection with uConnect. I've seen lots of people stating the same problem, and how they were charged serious money to have it "fixed".

Although there are many reasons for this problem, this is what I found worked for me.

1 - Locate the fuse block under the glove box on the right side kick panel. If you can't access it, you may need to hire a left handed, double jointed gymnast .

2 - You need to locate Fuse 131 which is listed in the Manual as the Hands Free Module. Since they are not marked and there is no picture in the manual, I've attached one I found on someone's site.

Its a red 10A fuse in the third column from the right, and the second fuse from the top.

3 - Using long needle-nosed pliers, carefully pull it straight out.

4 - Wait a minute or two, then reinsert it. Not easy, just awkward. Make sure it's properly seated

5 - Now, press the Start button to ACC and with your phone handy, they should connect.

Journey Fuse Box.gif

• jkeaton pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Did you notice the op hasn’t been back in a year?  Likely won’t get an answer.

I know I had all kinds of issues in my 09 with my IPhone’s not connecting.  UConnect was so helpful I replaced the unit with a Kenwood system, which has been perfect.  What kind of phone do you have?

11 hours ago, occy30 said:

12 Pro Max.  reading in here suggests that any apple device in the last couple of years will have issues.  Does anyone's bluetooth work flawlessly with these cars or are we all doomed until we just go aftermarket?

Many Android phones work perfectly, as did Blackberry phones.

21 minutes ago, deejizzle said:

its a method of communication for us canadians here when the igloo walls are too thick for our landlines. in which case we ask each other for our bbm pin so we can send help for more maple syrup when needed by the canadian armed forces 

This may not apply to you directly, BUT also a good way for an emergency delivery of some of that GOOD Canadian beer that we can't get in the States due to the higher alcohol content. 

I was deployed to CFB Bagotville for "cold weather operations training" USMC air wing back in '79. And man was it COLD and REAL SNOW amounts!  Our CFB host squadron people were the BEST and taught us "gyrenes" how to really enjoy the liberty time!   And I thought that Buffalo NY got cold and snow.........    :)

• 2 years later...

I just bought a 2018 Journey and my Samsung A21 connects to the Bluetooth and will answer the phone and the music plays (with no on-screen music info)...but I get no sound period.

I can use the touch screen to pause the song...answer the phone and all of that...but no sound comes out of the speakers.

Any ideas?