Trans will not catch any gear

wantoo

My wife was driving her 2014 Journey, made a right turn and engine shut off in the middle of the road. Started back up and barely made it to the side. Engine revs and trans temp was @195. I shifted down to all gears(6 speed) to no avail.Code was for speed sensor, and of course none in stock at any parts store. Warranty ran out due to time in Oct 18'. Any suggestions?

Replace the speed sensor like the code is telling you to. Or, post the code so we can research for you. Need to know what engine an transmission as well. If you need to order one, then order one. Not like you can just bypass it and start driving it again. 

Edited by jkeaton

Larryl, that's what I'm thinking, I'm going to drop the pan, see whats in there. If it's clean then I'll rent a dolly and take it to dealer 30 miles from here. Hope they can at least point me in the right direction. The speed sensor will be here this afternoon 

This happened to me.  My transmission was found to have metal shavings in the fluid.  I got a check engine light,  but mine was working and shifting fine for the short amount of time that I drove it while taking it to the dealer.  Dodge diagnosed a complete transmission failure and replaced the entire transmission.   I have the lifetime max warranty,  so maybe that had some effect.  My understanding is that metal shavings indicate impending major transmission issues.  Good luck.  

Peace.

Update... Took it too dealer after 3 days of sitting on the lot and numerous call. Get the the dreaded call.... Tranny. Front pump went out.  $6600 for a reman with 1 yr warranty. Salvage yard here I come. Coming to see what the sales man will give me for I still have 2 years on it. Wish me luck guys,  and thanks for all your input

2 hours ago, Steve from Indy said:

Wow, that really stinks.  We just had to replace our transmission last week - had 70K miles on it.   But $6,600?  I assume that includes labor but you might want to shop around.   That's insanely expensive for a remanufactured inferior transmission.

Are you just going to comment on every transmission post and complain? Lol

4 hours ago, Steve from Indy said:

Wow, that really stinks.  We just had to replace our transmission last week - had 70K miles on it.   But $6,600?  I assume that includes labor but you might want to shop around.   That's insanely expensive for a remanufactured inferior transmission.

Just saw this.  Steve.  We talked about this...  Don't be a hater.   Concentrate on getting your car repaired.  Please log onto your favorite honda forum.  You'll be a star there.   

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I’ll give some credit to Dodge - we heard from their customer care group and they will cover the cost of the transmission and other non-labor items.    Although I’m still disappointed that we only got 70K miles out of the transmission and had to cover the big labor bill, I do recognize Dodge wasn’t obligated to refund a dime.   we’re getting a refund of $2,900 which was welcomed news.     Sorry to those that were upset at my venting - I do understand that stuff breaks.    I’m glad to see that Dodge seemed to agree, in this case, it was a bit premature.

Well Steve, I hate to tell you this, but Crow does not taste very good.  I have had more than a few helpings of it myself during my lifetime.  In your case it might taste a bit better since your luck changed.

Glad you had some relief from your stress.

Journey on Steve, Journey on..........

Wantoo, please keep us posted on your progress.  Hope to heck that you can get a good used one at a reasonable price.  Best of luck.

mechanical-idiot

Well guys issue has been resolved. Iwas getting my tools togeather last night to get started on the removal. I moved a box with my son's things and as I went thru it I found the warranty coverage in there. I looked at the terms and notice it said 48mo 50000 miles! Actual miles when bought were 32416....shoot I woke up this morning and called the company. Numerous transfers later the dealership miskeyed the info, called dealer they corrected it!! I just called roadside and they are taking it to dealer and getting it fixed. Man guys, what a ride! As for the used trans can't return so I will sell it. My Journey has not ended, only begun..pun intended..lol. I'll keep you posted.