12 sxt zero power to anything

Hey guys

2012 sxt 3.6 I started having lights flickering and before i even had a chance to look into it the next day she wouldnt start. Checked the obvious battery (good) alternator (good). Here is where i am at she will stay running ONLY while on a jump from the top. If i try to jump from the battery itself she wont get anything. I literally have no power no anything unless i've got the cables to the top posts. I ordered a new battery temp sensor to rule that out but still not sure of that one. All my grounds are good. I am stumped all i want is to at least get this toilet running. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks ahead guys

I recall someone else having a problem like this and it was the battery sensor on one of the cables.  Try replacing your cables from the  battery to the jump posts and fuse box.  

Try a forum search, you should be able to find LOTS of no start subjects.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the same boat now, same exact description of jumping it, and watching it be possessed and die after removing the jumpers. New battery 3 months ago, so I suspected the alternator worse...

I'll look into this more before I replace it, but you've given me hope that it is just a quick fix.

I'll let you know what I discover when the issue is fixed... and while i'm digging around to ice cold engine bay in the freezing wonderland that is my parking lot, I'll change the muffler bearing timing sensor, and engine cover thermal-expansion sensor, and what ever other seemingly imaginary and useless, but also operation-critical sensors I find...

3 hours ago, NavalLacrosse said:

I'll let you know what I discover when the issue is fixed... and while i'm digging around to ice cold engine bay in the freezing wonderland that is my parking lot, I'll change the muffler bearing timing sensor, and engine cover thermal-expansion sensor, and what ever other seemingly imaginary and useless, but also operation-critical sensors I find...

Don't forget to switch your wiper blade sensor from rain to snow for the winter. :smokin: