Looking for recomendations for a line of products to keep the Journey looking good!!!!!

km-04

Just like the title says, I want to find products that I use to keep the Journey clean myself. This is my first serious attempt at keeping any of my vehicles more than just washed. My plan is to get it detailed by a local place, then continue with a cleaning regimen myself. All suggestions are welcome.

I have used clay bar on previous vehicles but never my DJ.  I have just kept it waxed and clean and I haven't felt the need to clay bar.  I have used my clay bar on my DJ windshield though.  Clay bar then a good coat of wax on the windshield is pretty awesome for cleaning and making those sticky bugs easy to remove.  

Peace.

Kinda like asking what's the best oil or tires...everyone will have their own opinion. I use Croftgate products. They work great IMO.

https://www.croftgateusa.com/

Clay bar is a pain in the a$$ to use. It takes awhile.  I only use one when I can run my hand over the paint and feel roughness.

• 2 months later...

I have been detailing my cars for 8 years, i have always used mothers products for some good "off the shelf" products. I have since began to use chemical guys for my wash solution and wax/sealent. Check out their youtube channel for how to's and info on products! I still use mothers clay bar, wheel/tire cleaner, tire shine, and interior products, Chemical guys makes a good wash soap and wax but the rest of the stuff is pretty much the same as mothers but more expensive in my opinon! Hope this helps and good luck!

• 5 months later...

bought some of  303 (30313-CSR) UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber, Fiberglass, Leather & More – Dust and Dirt Repellant - Non-Toxic, Matte Finish, 32 Fl. oz. seamed kind of pricey but had a lot of great reviews so i gave it a shot and got it off amazon about $20. for a big spray bottle used it inside the journey the other day and i really like it gave a nice coated shine to the dash and trim and wiped down the leather seats, went on easy and dried and wiped off easy great coverage and no missed spots that i got with other products. would recommend it to you all....

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 6:38 AM, jkeaton said:

Kinda like asking what's the best oil or tires...everyone will have their own opinion. I use Croftgate products. They work great IMO.

https://www.croftgateusa.com/

Clay bar is a pain in the a$$ to use. It takes awhile.  I only use one when I can run my hand over the paint and feel roughness.

I am a believer when it comes to the Croftgate products for ease and speed of use.

I was a skeptic but after a free full demo on my very onw RAV4 about 8 years ago I bought into it other than the price. :)

I always shop online for it to get the best price.

The Tireshine is great at retaining the shine and appearance even after a rain storm.

it repels dust very well also.

I have the aquanil and the ware r based version for the wash.

use the synthetic shamous for drying.

Then hit it if I'm still able with the full aquanil treatment mostly to save on micro fibre towels..

On 8/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, redtomatoman said:

I have used clay bar on previous vehicles but never my DJ.  I have just kept it waxed and clean and I haven't felt the need to clay bar.  I have used my clay bar on my DJ windshield though.  Clay bar then a good coat of wax on the windshield is pretty awesome for cleaning and making those sticky bugs easy to remove.  

Peace.

i use a Mr. clean eraser with a little Windex on the windshield does a fantastic job getting the road film off of it , never thought to try a coat of wax i did buy some rain x but it seams that when i use the new stuff, when going real slow like a parking lot and very light rain it makes the wipers start to jump or chatter and squeak if it is a heavy rain or using the squirters they dont jump or make noise, so i quit using it as of now .think ill give it a coat of wax and try that. 

• 2 years later...