Need help please

Jason Brewer

That seems high to me. And just to check I tried to look up the unit's window sticker and it came up as 'unavailable'. Could it have been a fleet unit?

I would check Carfax - and I'd personally shoot for an extended warranty.

Depending on your circumstances and the equipment (do you NEED AWD, for example?) you are fairly close to the price of a new vehicle, complete with new tires, brakes and warranty. I don't like mysteries either and I'd personally do a bit more homework before making the leap.

First of all there's nothing wrong with the 4 beyond the fact that the 6 makes the vehicle a rocket - we're spoiled by the available power. Escapes don't have much power - 172 hp in the standard engine, and only 240 hp in their big one, so he'd not even notice.

Secondly, if it's AWD it must be a 6.

first off are you wanting better mpg? what kind of driving do you do city ? city ,hwy mix?the journey might not get the mpg you are wanting if you are heavy footed and do alot of city driving.if you do alot of hwy driving you will get alot better mpg. the journey is a great car and you will love it.price does seam high as 2017 will be out soon and they are offering 3500 rebates you should be able to get a brand new one for about 22k or even less but thats up to you......

Edited by 2late4u

Northeast rebates are a bit less, so the base 2016 SE w/AWD is $22,581. A base FWD SE with the 4 has a selling price of $17,541

However a quick check of Carfax shows lots of 2015 models in the NorthEast, most of them at least SXTs with lower mileage and at lower prices than you've been quoted.

And if you check out Autotrader.com you'll find all sorts of leftover brand new 2015 models and even some 2014s - there are NO practical differences between the model years in question.

Why buy used when you can get new for the same money?

I'd get a Car Faxx and also see if you can get the service records. I bought my 2014 new 6/14 and have had no issues at all. One recall and one TSB. I just went over 11,00 miles. I do have the V6 and it is amazing in the snow while being FWD. The Printable Brochure does not list the engine, but does list Auto Headlights and dual HVAC. So there must be an option package that is not listed. I find it amusing that they have it in the "Pick Up" category!

Edited by dhh3

If you "get on it", the torque steer with the V6 will rip your arms off! Maybe the AWD will make it feel different.

Get on it??? and yes its AWD and it drove very nice. However, the road noise is freaking horrible. I am used to peace and quite in my Escape, in this thing, I hear everything that hits under the car as I drive like my window is open. Is this normal?

Edited by Jason Brewer

What do the tires look like? Mine is quieter than my Nitro was. The front inner fenders are thin plastic. As soon as I picked mine up, I made an appointment to get it undercoated. But, I was more concerned with protection than noise.

Edited by dhh3

What do the tires look like? Mine is quieter than my Nitro was. The front inner fenders are thin plastic. As soon as I picked mine up, I made an appointment to get it undercoated. But, I was more concerned with protection than noise.

As in tread? they have good tread, and did getting it coated help?

well if the noise as you stated brothers you i would suggest not buying it. as for me i love my journey, first one 2011 now a 2014 but like the other poster said i live in the south so not much snow,but i try not to be to picky about the little things. but like i said if this bothers you before you have bought, it it will bug the hell out of you later...good luck with what ever you decide on.....

well if the noise as you stated brothers you i would suggest not buying it. as for me i love my journey, first one 2011 now a 2014 but like the other poster said i live in the south so not much snow,but i try not to be to picky about the little things. but like i said if this bothers you before you have bought, it it will bug the hell out of you later...good luck with what ever you decide on.....

ok

Couldn't agree more. If something already bothers you about it, move on.

We get lots of snow up here. We get lots of rain. I have not noticed the vehicle to be particularly noisy in either environment. I have not needed AWD to get through anything nature has yet to throw at us. My vehicles do get rustproofed, because they toss a lot of grit and salt down on the highways. It also protects the electricals. If it reduces the amount of road noise that's a positive, but I wouldn't know since I've never had them on the road without rustproofing.

The 6 is a expensive adder and I have yet to *need* the power that it brings to the vehicle - my last was a 4 and we have some pretty steep hills here - have never had any issues whatsoever with either engine and except for less than face-crushing acceleration at highway speeds, which are not in the 'necessary' column, the things both can do over 100 mph in any configuration.

But as I mentioned, the price for the vehicle in question seems to be on the high side when brand new '15s can be had for the same or less money.

Edited by bramfrank

Couldn't agree more. If something already bothers you about it, move on.

I just wanted to see if that was normal? All the ice melt on the roads were hitting the wheel well, making it "echo" inside the car. Maybe thats normal for dodges, I dont know. I was just wondering why it did that.

I asked about the tires, only concerning the tread. Some tires will be noisier than others. I swapped out the original Khumos for Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza Plus. There are a lot of negative posts concerning the Khumos. I had these Bridgestones on my Nitro, so I knew what to expect. Although the Bridgestones have a more aggressive tread design, they added no more noise. As far as the undercoating, I didn't notice it being any quieter. By the time I experienced my first winter, it was undercoated and the new tires were installed. I replaced all the components in my sound system, with the exception of the HU. So with my music blasting, I don't hear much of anything else. Even with the undercoating and new tires, the sound of snow/slush coming from the wheel wells was no noisier than any other vehicle that I have owned.

Edited by dhh3

With 30,000 miles on the tires, assuming they are the OEM Kumho Solus, they are probably close to end of life (or will be within the first year of ownership) anyway. Don't just use the tread wear indicator - get in there with a tread depth gauge and measure what's there with accuracy. At 5/32" or less, I would ask for new tires, or a substantial discount ($500 - $1,000) off the asking price because you'll be replacing those tires in less than a year.