Oil Change

jkeaton

Ya, I go by the 6 month rule on my DJ but, the dealer (GM) told my wife when the free oil changes on her 2014 Trax are over. Only use the computer remind then change oil. So, that will be more than a year with her driving habits. Should be interesting should warranty issue ever occur.

2009 SXT, 3.5, built 07/30/08. Purchased 02/14/09. Driven mostly on weekends, by a little old lady. Has 18,388 miles on the clock and 12 oil changes. Averages less than 1,000 miles between changes. Lifetime powertrain warranty requires following the maintenance schedule which specifies 6,000 miles or 6 months. Oil coming out looks just like it did when it went in.

I hadn't thought to check the time interval between when I reset the notification, and when it comes on again. I had assumed that it was the many starts & short runs that was making it come on at such a low point mileage wise. Maybe it is just timing out at 6 months.

Edited by Neto

• 1 month later...

It displays the message oil change due when you start the car. It is also in your message center.

You would never see it if your dealer changes your oil and resets the counter.

Also i dont know what he is talking about because my 2011 doest show how much oil life is left

Edited by silenze

my daughters 2011 tahoe tells you how much oil life is left but not our journeys, my 2014 has 6500 on this oil and the light hasn't come on yet i usually dont go past 7k on the changes but my old vehicles with syn oil i always went at least 10k before changing it and my daughter is still using it on her postal route with no problem.. after posting went outside and it was so nice i thought hell might as well change the oil so all set for another 6k i guess.....

Edited by 2late4u