Hello Frozen Minions!

hockey_puck

Aloha from the Islands in the middle of the Pacific. Happened to turn on the TV to see the wailing about a little snowfall to hit the east side of the mainland, and the chaos it's going to create, and I just wanted to say hi. Here's hoping Alabama gets some too! I look forward to the hours of laughter I'll have watching the snow-crash videos on youtube. I have seen a number of Journeys here, many older models, and because of the climate they are all in pristine condition. As well, cars here are all so clean all the time. Have had no rain in a week here so far and none predicted. There is no question that GM (Camaro) and Ford (Mustang) sell most of their convertibles here. Every fifth car seems to be one of them.

Because of the "strong US dollar" far fewer folks from Oz, Canada, Japan and China are here visiting. The numbers of Mainlander's are up considerably. One can see this on the beach. For some reason, folks from the continent tend to be of a "larger size" or three. Dear America. You really need to eat less. Sadly, while having seen many land Orca's I have not seen any ocean Orca's.

The locals here of native ancestry are really nice people. That has managed to bleed over to other locals too. There is a definite unique "Island attitude" and I notice it every time I return. This is my 5th time.

Some notes for you.

In Hawiian names, the letter i is pronounced eeee. As in eek

Most patient drivers on the planet. They stop for pedestrians.

But don't jaywalk. They ticket.

Rarely hear a honk

Best job in the world? TV weatherman. Great weather 95% of the time. Everyone loves you.

Only tourists wear socks

The state shoe should be the flip flop

See someone walk down the street barefoot carrying a 10 foot surfboard? Completely normal.

No motorcycle helmets.

Shirtless in a convenience store? not a problem.

Cars don't rust. The paint on the roof may burn off though.

The Honda/Toyota/Mopar minivan is the taxi of choice. Not a Prius taxi in sight.

Best bus system anywhere. Monthly pass 60 bucks. Thats 4 days of hotel parking.

Lots of homeless. They NEVER ask for money or smokes.

No one dresses up. T-shirts and shorts. Formal wear is a Hawaian shirt.

No screens on windows. No bugs.

Most businesses don't have doors when open.

I think I've seen 3 flies. Total.

All inclusive in Hawaii? Not a chance.

Gasoline today? Around $2.50 / gallon.

Aloha

H.P.

post-7129-0-72218600-1453387394_thumb.jp

Hey Hockey puck! All I have to say is you suck! LOL! Hoping to hit the islands in November or Feb of next year. Was supposed to go in 14 but busted my leg and am still recovering!

Hope you have a great time, beautiful weather, and get a sunburn!

Have fun.....

$2.50/gal? Yikes. I guess it's pretty pricey to get fuel out to the islands.

I won't be going to those particular islands, however I will be hitching a ride next week on the worlds largest passenger ship, Allure of the Seas, to a few islands south of the continent starting this coming Sunday. Can't wait to get away from this 20F BS.

$2.50/gal? Yikes. I guess it's pretty pricey to get fuel out to the islands.

I won't be going to those particular islands, however I will be hitching a ride next week on the worlds largest passenger ship, Allure of the Seas, to a few islands south of the continent starting this coming Sunday. Can't wait to get away from this 20F BS.

Have a good time!

How many of the islands are you going to check out HP? Some of the coffee plantations are open to the public. I'm sure they have tours. The big island has snow at the top and very great views of everything at night.

Be sure to send pics. I want a bag of black beach sand.....fo realz.

Be careful in some of the poor areas. There is a meth problem in the state and some of the parks in bad neighborhoods are used for trafficking.

Staying on Oahu. Everything I want to see or need is here. I rent a condo with full kitchen and all facilities for the month. Saves a ton VS bordellos or sleazy hotels and eating in restaurants. Yes, I am in the ''good" part of town. I have no idea where the coffee plantations are. I do know where the best mountain biking is. Hell will freeze over before I'll go look at snow atop an extinct volcano with no trees and is barren rock. If I was that crazy I'd have dragged the hockey gear here as there is one rink in Honolulu, and they have pickup games. No black sand on this island. Do remember, it is considered bad form to take ANYTHING off the beach and remove it from the islands. Apparently you become "cursed" if you do that, and will have bad luck according to folklore. If you are ever going to visit a volcano, you don't wanna mess with Pele the volcano Godess. :) Hawaii ain't the only State in the Union with a meth issue. They all have one.

Edited by jkeaton

Me become a Yankee? Ha! Not going to happen. Although I would support the return of an independent Hawaii to the Commonwealth of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, since the illegal 1893 overthrow of the King of Hawaii, and occupation by The United States. There was a lot of sneaky skull duggery back then.

Somehow I don't see that movement going very far. How unfortunate.

I will agree, the climate here in January gives a whole new definition to "winter"

H.P.

Edited by jkeaton

Maybe he decided he actually likes our oversized women.

Nawww, not when there is so much eye candy at the beach....

Largess is common among the people of Polynesian background (both sexes). I must say there is a large number of overstuffed folk here, and they appear to originate from the mainland. Easy to tell when they talk. Seems more noticeable on this trip. Might be because there are a lot less folk from non North America countries due to the strong US dollar.

The trailer trash index is way up.

Another thing I've recently noticed. This is the best place on the planet to own a black car. They stay clean! No dust.

H.P.

I can remember when Quebec wanted to secede from Canada and join the US. I wish Indiana would secede from the US and join Canada. It would be fun to show my Passport when traveling to Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois and Michigan. We could tear up all the football fields and replace them with Hockey fields.

I can remember when Quebec wanted to secede from Canada and join the US. I wish Indiana would secede from the US and join Canada. It would be fun to show my Passport when traveling to Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois and Michigan. We could tear up all the football fields and replace them with Hockey fields.

We'll trade ya Quebec for Hawaii. Even trade! :)

H.P.

Take me too. Just so I can drink some fancy tropical drinks with the both of you and enjoy the view of oversized American women. Apparently they are plentiful there. Bahaha. : )

I'm too old for that. But. Tomorrow is Mountain Biking day! Pics to come. If I survive.

HP