Odometer Units Memory?

Hi,

I just bought a used 2011 Journey and I just realized that every time I start it, that my odometer switches back to Miles even though I've set it to Kilometers.

I have the base model with the 4.3" screen if that says anything.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Is there a secondary battery or something to keep that setting or something?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

To summarise:

1. There are two places where you can change the digital speedometer readout:

- One is via the steering wheel controls, which is a temporary change and

- The other is by changing the units selection in the settings menu using the touchscreen - the latter is supposed to effect a permanent change to the display units for the vehicle.

Note that using the steering wheel switches to change the units display will ONLY change the speedometer readout and will NOT change the odometer or auto air conditioning temperature units and the selection IS NOT saved.

If you use the touchscreen settings menu it will toggle all of the vehicle's display units between Metric to US and this selection WILL BE saved.

2. Consider that if the setting has been changed in the main display using the touchscreen and the temperature and mnileage are now all in US measure and if the unit reverts to US measure after a restart even though Metric was selected . . . i.e. that you change the setting in the UNITS item under the SETTINGS menu and everything is fine until you switch off and then restart the vehicle . . . the problem could be a bad BCM, where such things are stored.

If the vehicle is off warranty then this could be a very expensive thing to repair.

Edited by bramfrank