Mph - Kph setting for the EVIC always defaults to Mph

hereticj

Just got a new 2011 Journey (Crew). Loving it so far.

I have the display setting set to show Metric, so it always shows celsius on the screen, etc., but for some reason, when I go to "Vehicle Speed" in the EVIC, it is always set to Mph and I have to change it. Once changed, it stays that way, until I shut the vehicle off, then it resets back.

Any ideas how to change this?

Thanks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the manual, it says to use the up or down arrows to get to "System Settings". I dont get this option. At the top is "fuel economy" (i think), and at the bottom is "system menu off". I am waiting for a call from my dealership about this, I will update when I hear something.

So far noone there knows anything about it, but they all seem to think its a software/firmware update.

I don't think the owner's manual was properly updated for the 2011 Journey now that many of the settings are handled via the touch screen and not the EVIC.

The manual also makes mention of a "units" setting in the EVIC. There is no such menu item in the EVIC of a 2011 Journey.

I'm not surprised that nobody at the dealership knows anything about this. These vehicles are still too new.

Please keep us updated if they do "flash" anything. I'd be surprised if there is a fix for this already. I'm more looking for a fix for the uconnect voice command problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, according the manual, on the Evic you have to go to the units menu and change it from English to Metric. I will have to try that out tomorrow...

Edit: Oh, I noticed the OP already tried that. Hmm....

Edit 2: Ahh yes. I remember now, the units menu is whats missing. Grr...

Edited by zmttoxics

So glad there is a thread here on this already. I got my 2011 Crew last week, and it is driving me nuts that the speedometer in the EVIC always is in MPH every time I start the car. I too, called my dealer today for a solution after digging through the "manual" and clicking my way through every option screen I could find in the uconnect menu's. Hope my dealer comes up with something soon, or one of yours does. Can't wait to find a solution!

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! FIXED!

I had mine in to get the wheels swapped back to the fancy ones and had them look at it. There is an update for "Garbled text that may appear on the screen". Obviously not related, but they did it anyways and it fixed the problem. It now remembers the last setting it was on. :)

Good news! FIXED!

I had mine in to get the wheels swapped back to the fancy ones and had them look at it. There is an update for "Garbled text that may appear on the screen". Obviously not related, but they did it anyways and it fixed the problem. It now remembers the last setting it was on. :)

Oh thank goodness lol. I will be sure to check into this when I go in for an oil change.

Good news! FIXED!

This is great news!

First we have an update to the Pentastar to fix rough idling and now this update to fix the EVIC issue. We are making progress! Now just need an update for the rough shifting transmission and fixes to the voice command system and I will be one happy camper!

Just to clarify, the update I need to ask for is "Garbled text that may appear on the screen"? Is there any other code or SKU that goes along with that so that I can be sure the dealership can actually find the update?

Edited by drb227

This is great news!

First we have an update to the Pentastar to fix rough idling and now this update to fix the EVIC issue. We are making progress! Now just need an update for the rough shifting transmission and fixes to the voice command system and I will be one happy camper!

Just to clarify, the update I need to ask for is "Garbled text that may appear on the screen"? Is there any other code or SKU that goes along with that so that I can be sure the dealership can actually find the update?

I wasn't given any codes or anything. I just described the problem and they did a search for any updates and that was the only one. But yes, the primary fix in the update description was for garbled text. Good luck!

zmttoxics is 100% correct.

Went into the shop today and they hooked our Crew up to see if any updates were available. No flash updates showed as available for the 2011 Journey but upon searching the technician found a fix. The fix was listed as a flash update to repair EVIC with garbled and or scrambled text. A service bulletin was issued for the EVIC but it does not have anything about fixing the MPH to KPH issue. After powering the vehicle on/off several times it seems the issue is now resolved.

Keep up the good work guys.

Just got a new 2011 Journey (Crew). Loving it so far.

I have the display setting set to show Metric, so it always shows celsius on the screen, etc., but for some reason, when I go to "Vehicle Speed" in the EVIC, it is always set to Mph and I have to change it. Once changed, it stays that way, until I shut the vehicle off, then it resets back.

Any ideas how to change this?

Thanks.

As posted earlier in this thread, you have to ask the dealer to check for a flash update to repair EVIC with garbled and or scrambled text. That is the update that fixes the MPH/KPH issue for the speed display in the EVIC.