My 2015 mod edition (LED / HID / DRL / shark fin / chrome trimming etc)

evil129

Hi all,

After few months of stage by stage mod, I finally completed my plan, here is my Journey 2015 edition:

qlCzCi1.jpg

LED headlight (2nd gen aftermarket headlights)

rfcjZYQ.jpg

DRL (installed by auto-electrian, need tiny mod to fuse box)

POmu1yd.jpg

Together with LED turn signal light

OewnZqe.jpg

LsQWIao.jpg

HID low beam & 6 mini led high beam

SmyV2Fa.jpg

Detail look into the headlights

ZPzqlTK.jpg

p3lW82g.jpg

Shark fin antenna (not a dummy)

OAhVUGb.jpg

Back (little chrome touch, and a V6 badge)

UDbDKFg.jpg

Finally the light effect at night

http://i.imgur.com/wGb0JKI.jpg

post-8151-0-93702900-1424426828_thumb.jp

post-8151-0-68055300-1424428061_thumb.jp

post-8151-0-77659900-1424428140_thumb.jp

post-8151-0-35655400-1424428206_thumb.jp

Edited by evil129

Looking good. How does the shark fin affect your reception? Also, did you add the V6 logo on the lift gate, or was it already there?

Please explain how the lights function. They do look good.

Edited by dhh3

Hi all, here is the explaination how the lights works,

ArCUtAK.jpg

When your car at ignition/ACC (run mode), both the yellow and green part lights up white;

When u trigger turn signal, green part blinks in orange and yellow part remain solid white;

When in low beam, blue part lights up with the rest;

In high beam, red part light up with all the rest.

gLjUFqv.jpg

This the back of the light, each light come with a 32w canbus for the HID, it fits all the OEM connecter except there is one extra DRL led positive

IOy66Hp.jpg

This is where the DRL goes into fuse box,please install with a professional auto electrician.

→Lobitz68, I believe the low is projecter, and high is LEDs, I am not sure what cutoff do you mean, can u please explain?

→dhh3, I added the V6 logo myself shop from eBay,

The shark fin will not affect reception cos it has copper parts n wired into the vehicle's antenna port.

I borrow the pic from the seller..

ciruVFY.jpg

well not too much, everything is Pre-build, just wasted two weeks on returning the right hand side lights to the factory, they mixed up the signal lights to white led :(

otherwise, just 3 hours labour in puting the lights, fixing the wires, of cause get yourself a smart auto electrician.

→Lobitz68, I believe the low is projecter, and high is LEDs, I am not sure what cutoff do you mean, can u please explain?

ciruVFY.jpg

If you park facing a wall and look at the light output from inside of the vehicle, the cutoff would be the line where the light cuts off at the top and transitions to dark... Does that make more sense?

Edited by Lobitz68

I'd be interested to know if you had a local shop make the headlights, made them yourself, or bought them complete as-is. If the latter, is there a link?

Regarding cutoff, as Lobitz said it's the line the low beam lights make on a wall where the light stops, and turns to darkness. On some aftermarket assemblies that cutoff isn't very sharp, or isn't flat. I'm curious what this looks like as well.

Yes I know what you mean now, the cut off line is adjustable from the switch at driver's side, I will take a pic tonight

If you park facing a wall and look at the light output from inside of the vehicle, the cutoff would be the line where the light cuts off at the top and transitions to dark... Does that make more sense?

the cutoff

pp3rFt5.jpg

note, my car is right hand driving, accorring to manufacturer, for RHD, the cut off is higher on left and low on right; LHD will be the opposite way, the product by default is for Left hand drive, mine one has been modified to fit RHD.

note 2, the garage door I shot is uneven on both side, the left half is deeper than the right.

Thanks for the picture, it does look like a decent cutoff for an aftermarket projector.

It's difficult to tell if there are hotspot, though, given how close you are to the house. Are you able to take a picture of it from a further distance from the wall? With the car 15+ feet (25 preferred, but I don't know how long your driveway is) back from the wall. That will tell us if there is any hotspotting or glare above the cutoff. Almost looked like there was, but I think that was the light on the house lol.

Found it on Amazon... wow, $720 shipped and before buying bulbs/HID kit.

But that makes two models to choose from if you don't do your own retrofit. The other set is $660 shipped and resembles the OEM design, with DRL along the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a picture 30-50 feet away from a wall. And your cut off should be straight across. The steps in the cut off are designed to help not blinding in coming. They need to be straight to have premium use of your lights!! My are LHD only difference is my city of steps are on the right My one is blurry but that's getting replaced soon. Picture just to show you what it should look like!

post-9678-0-99169000-1426268419_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! sweet ride! im planning on getting these sometime late in the year, my only question is, the original Low Beam lights are P/N 9006, does the slot where the bulbs go into the low beams accomidate for the 9006 bulb or is it different? (i have a 9006 HID kit installed currently...)

I also see four wires coming out of that area i notice the 2 conventional HID connectors but dont recongnize the other two

Edited by Jhdez317

qlCzCi1.jpg How do you like the chrome surrounds for your fog lights? I noticed them on eBay for cheap and noticed they are held on with tape. Any issues with quality? I don't want to wash my car and have the tape come apart. They look good.

I'd like to know this too :)

WOW! sweet ride! im planning on getting these sometime late in the year, my only question is, the original Low Beam lights are P/N 9006, does the slot where the bulbs go into the low beams accomidate for the 9006 bulb or is it different? (i have a 9006 HID kit installed currently...)

I also see four wires coming out of that area i notice the 2 conventional HID connectors but dont recongnize the other two

It is a projector, so it is likely a genuine bulb like a D2S, or it is an H1 bulb as those are the only non-genuine HID bulbs I have ever seen HID projectors designed for....