Finally, My Crossroad Looks Like The Chicago Show Crossroad!

dhh3

Today, I installed P255/50R19 tires on my Crossroad. This is the size tire that was on the Red Show Crossroad that Dodge introduced all around the country last spring. The Show Crossroad has Firestone Destination ST tires mounted. But, these tires have been on national back order for months. So, I chose Bridgestone Dueler H/T Alenza Plus. Wet performance rating is Best, while snow performance rating is Better. Hopefully, I will now have no issues in the snow this winter, as I do not have AWD. Time will tell.

I went down to my Mopar Dealer to compare DJ wheels. All of the 19" DJ wheels seem to be rather flat, while the Crossroad wheels seem to have a deeper dish (stick out farther) to them. I am not wheel savy, so I do not know if this is an increase or decrease in wheel offset. At any rate, on the Alenza Plus, the sidewalls have extra re-enforcing, and they stick out 1.5" past the edge of my wheels. They fill out the wheel arches nicely, and I do not think that I have to worry about getting curb rash on my wheels! The front tires line up with the edge of the wheel arches, and with the rake of the DJ, especially in Copperhead Pearl, the Truck now looks like it it supposed to look! I am, indeed, a happy camper.

It really honks me off when manufacturers show a vehicle one way at the shows, and then pass it on to the unsuspecting public in a different form.

Edited by dhh3

It is dirty, and rain/snow is predicted for tonight. My plan was to post pictures, but there didn't seem to be any interest in this thread.

Quit whining about a lack of interest and post some damn pics! Ha! EVERYONE likes pics, they just might not have anything to add to the thread... I know I was waiting for pics to comment.

On a side note... Don't say that word until it is confirmed and on the ground...

My plan was to post pictures, but there didn't seem to be any interest in this thread.

EVERYONE likes pics, they just might not have anything to add to the thread... I know I was waiting for pics to comment.

+1 interest is there but I was waiting for pics before commenting as well.

OIC. I was not whining; just making a point. I was on the Nitro Forum for over 3 years (7,303 posts) and every one was like family. So, I am still The Little Green Sprout here!

The Mantra of the Nitro Forum: "Without pictures, it didn't happen"! I stand corrected: pictures to come! I want her to be clean, though. Copperhead Pearl is much better looking in a clean status.

Edited by dhh3

No robbing or hijacking taken. I love looking at your DJ. I notice the chrome door handles. Mine are body colored. Just as awesome in the fall as in the summer!! Fee like making a trip and detailing mine? She's a beauty. When I do the pictures, I will try and duplicate the angles taken at the Chicago show. The Crossroad wheels do have a deeper dish than any of the other DJ wheels, which make the tires stick out even farther. On the original thread concerning the new Crossroad, there were posts that the wheels seemed bigger. They are 19". Your picture will confirm this. Thank you. Rain tomorrow and Thursday. Believe me, taking the pictures for you guys is my top priority. I'll pick one picture from my gallery to use as a before shot, for comparison.

Edited by dhh3

OIC. I was not whining; just making a point. I was on the Nitro Forum for over 3 years (7,303 posts) and every one was like family. So, I am still The Little Green Sprout here!

The Mantra of the Nitro Forum: "Without pictures, it didn't happen"! I stand corrected: pictures to come! I want her to be clean, though. Copperhead Pearl is much better looking in a clean status.

The whining comment was a joke, hence the "Ha!" that followed...

. I notice the chrome door handles. !! Fee like making a trip and detailing mine? She's a beauty. .

Always up for a good road trip! Thanks for the kind words. The Crew (now Limited) comes with chrome roof rails, chrome door handles and chrome grill. Just enough to make it classy without being ostentatious, IMO.

Always up for a good road trip! Thanks for the kind words. The Crew (now Limited) comes with chrome roof rails, chrome door handles and chrome grill. Just enough to make it classy without being ostentatious, IMO.

What chrome I do have is platinum. But both look good on the Copperhead Pearl, IMHO!

Back when the Jeep Commanders were being produced, the Limited was chrome, and the first year of the Overland was platinum. Go figure!

Edited by dhh3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Drool, all of you that picked the wrong color! From this view, you can see that the front tires are outside of the front of the wheel well, where it tucks in. The tires are well past the edge of the wheel, so I am less concerned about scraping one. Enjoy. I sure am!

With%20New%20Tires_zpsr001voae.jpg

More to come. I was a T stop today. 2 people in an Edge, to my left, similar color. Driver and passenger could not stop staring as I let them go 1st!

Edited by dhh3

where did you buy them .I just looked on tire rack looks like about 824. plus mounting . never have bought tires over the internet not to sure about it. was wondering did you have a problem as most places wont replace tires with a different size than what is listed from the dealer. first time with tires of this size makes them alot $$$$ lol

Drool, all of you that picked the wrong color! From this view, you can see that the front tires are outside of the front of the wheel well, where it tucks in. The tires are well past the edge of the wheel, so I am less concerned about scraping one. Enjoy. I sure am!

With%20New%20Tires_zpsr001voae.jpg

More to come. I was a T stop today. 2 people in an Edge, to my left, similar color. Driver and passenger could not stop staring as I let them go 1st!

Wow, that looks awesome! Ya gotta love Copper Pearl!

where did you buy them .I just looked on tire rack looks like about 824. plus mounting . never have bought tires over the internet not to sure about it. was wondering did you have a problem as most places wont replace tires with a different size than what is listed from the dealer. first time with tires of this size makes them alot $$$$ lol

I purchased them from a local Tires Plus Store. Here, they are called Michel Tires Plus. I do not know if they are national or not. I told the Manager that they would fit because Dodge was showing the new Crossroad Model with this size tire.

The Crossroad wheels do have a deeper dish (offset) so I'm not sure there would be issues with the other DJ 19" wheels. This size is not listed on the Tire Racks list of tires for the DJ.

Edited by dhh3