UConnect NAV Cant Unlock MAPS?

• Official Dodge Support

Well went to the dealer and they change the radio and did the update. Took them approx 45 mins. But I had to wait couple hours before they started to work on it. They told me after the warranty is over I am on my own. Hope it will last; because I think that if they are aware of a problem with the radio or the programming they should be responsible to fix it.

Mysty2,

Thanks for the update, happy to hear the radio issue was sorted.

I've also sent you a PM with some useful info.

Cheers!

I did the 7/115 zero deductible - that represents what I'm likely to do over the term - then again I bought that plan for the '11 also and wound up trading after 40 months.

Edited by bramfrank

Larryl, where Mysty2 comes from there is no time limit on latent defects - if it can be proved, the coverage will be extended to whatever the legal definition of the useful life of the item is.

The problem is that it will cost more than the price of replacement radios for the life of the car to win the case . .

But an extended warranty can stave off that date from the 3 year mark to 7 years in Canada - and the best time to buy it is when the vehicle is new - if you have more than 20K kms it gets more expensive and it can only be purchased during the initial 3 year warranty term in any case.

When I bought the DJ I took the 7 years 115 km warranty. Hope it is going to be good for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am experiencing the same issue with my 2014 Journey. It has 14k miles and have had it only 15 months. Just called the dealer and they can't even get me in to look at it for two weeks. My wife drives this car and heavily relies on the nav. It was part of the reason we bought this over priced car. Very frustrating to read that this is such a wide spread problem that happens at about the one year mark

Being a bit dramatic, are we?

Overpriced? You mean there is are midsize CUV on the market that cost less than the Journey?

Things break. And if a major reason for buying the vehicle was the navigator, you'd probably have been a lot better off financially buying a stand-alone one for $89 . . . . they do the same without being integrated into the dash AND the maps can be updated for free.

One thing you can tell your dealer is that rather than bring you in only to determine that he needs to order a radio, to just order in the replacement and to let you know when it arrives.

DodgeCares,

Thank you. I did find another dealership with an appointment in 2 days.

Bramfrank,

overdramatic? No. Not at all. just expressing my disappointment with Dodge/Chrysler. I am in this Journey because my Town and Country had a transmission failure with under 50K miles. to break even on that with a trade the best I could do was at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership. So at this point I'm not confident in any of the products.

Hi and good day! I have 2015 Dodge Journey R/T with 7400+ kms, just bought it last Dec 4, 2014 at St. Albert Dodge Branch.

My journey have the same problem with this and already brought it to service center and the service advisor told me only this... "the engineering is working on a resolution that appears to be related to SXM weather APP and the recent tropical storm monitoring."

And they will call me if there's is any update on navigation system, up to now im still waiting for a call from them.

Hi and good day! I have 2015 Dodge Journey R/T with 7400+ kms, just bought it last Dec 4, 2014 at St. Albert Dodge Branch.

My journey have the same problem with this and already brought it to service center and the service advisor told me only this... "the engineering is working on a resolution that appears to be related to SXM weather APP and the recent tropical storm monitoring."

And they will call me if there's is any update on navigation system, up to now im still waiting for a call from them.

Worse than that garbage excuse, is that what they told you is for the AN (the newest radio model that we can't even get in our vehicles).

OUR VEHICLES DON'T HAVE A WEATHER APP - IN FACT NO APPS AT ALL!!

You need to have a conversation with the management at your dealership. The advisor is an idiot.

In the meantime they will need to replace your radio in any case . . . . if they can't get a replacement from FCA immediately tell them to pull one from a vehicle on the lot. They can take one from any Journey, Charger or 300 with the option. If they won't, then they can provide you with a comparable loaner vehicle, since it is obvious that you require functional navigation as a critical feature necessary to your use of the vehicle.

And, if you plan to keep the vehicle and haven't bought it already, I strongly suggest you consider buying an OEM extended warranty - perhaps from a dealer that knows what it is doing.

Edited by bramfrank

• 3 weeks later...