UConnect NAV Cant Unlock MAPS?

• 5 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Hi! Wondering what ended up being the problem? THis just happened to my 2013 Journey....thanks :)

Derek Dedman,

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like the other member had his unit replaced altogether, what ended up happening with your DJ?

• 6 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Hi DodgeCACares, Everything been great for a year with my Navigation until today it says Cant Unlock Maps

I Guess Back to the DEALER again to get my stereo replaced!

What a headache this is becoming to be

Blackout,

Sorry to hear some issues have continued.

Have you had the opportunity to share this with your dealer yet?

Perhaps there is an easy fix available.

Keep us posted if you can.

• Official Dodge Support

@DodgeCACares,

I made a phone call to them on Monday this week and I have an appointment booked for this weekend to have it checked out. I did express my feelings to them and they are aware im not happy.

Blackout,

Thanks for the update.

Keep the Service Manager involved if you run into troubles as he/she will have the authority to make things happen.

Let me know if you need me to reach out to the dealer for further handling.

• Official Dodge Support

Thank you @DodgeCACares!

I greatly appreciate that. They treat me very well at the dealership I've been going to.

I guess will see what happens!

I'll keep you in touch!

I'm glad I have the gold plan for warranty!

Blackout,

Anytime!

All the best as well. :)

You know, the timing is VERY suspicious - it would seem to appear that some units die at the one year point - who knows what combination of features/settings are key? We are not privy to the rate of failure nor do we know if other vehicles with RB5 radios have the same problem or whether it is an interaction between the GPS and Sirius applications, but it SHOULD be a priority to resolve.

Altogether too many companies are completely lackadaisical about software that isn't in the mission critical arena - they make their clients guinea pigs and beta testers because they are too lazy or incompetent to properly and fully test what they write - now we have hackable cars and all sorts of reliability issues.

It seems to me that Chrysler needs to red flag the problem - it sounds like a fatal software flaw and is going to get very expensive for the company - and after the basic warranties are up will probably end up the subject of a class action suit.

I don't know about the US, but there is no statute of limitations or warranty exceptions for latent defects - Chrysler would lose this one big time it that's what the story is.

They don't tell you what they changed in the firmware updates, but if it's been fixed with the mid 2014 release and they didn't make it mandatory, that's a shame. I will be updating mine this weekend, just in case.