if you want a cai for your journey please read!

2011sxt

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced air paper filter with K&N one, and discovered small (short) tube made from felt attached to the main intake at the bottom of filter box (inside the box) . What is the reason for that short tube? Can it be removed without voiding the warranty? Does it restrict the air flow, even for the paper filter?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

69-2546TS is for the 3.6 (2011+ models).

69-2543TTK is for the 3.5 (models up to 2010).

Check the "vehicle application guide" of each to see what it applies.

Personally, I'm trying to find a way to custom-build the K&N I pulled off my SRT8 before I traded it in. Will take some work, but I'm determined to fit it in there. I'm not buying another kit when I already have a massive filter and really just need to customize some kind of aluminum case for it and a 4" (OD) pipe to the existing straight-pipe section. :)

It is designed for the Avenger, but since the engine bays are nearly identical (both build on same platform) it "should" fit. I thought I saw mention earlier in the thread that "bigunclejethro" had put one in his 2013. If so, this implies that it should fit.

• 10 months later...

Alright all, I'm a brand new 2015 journey owner. I had a 2011 avenger that I had the k&n intake on. I removed it from the car and put on the journey and it does work. The hoses connect the same and bottom bolts are the same the only difference is that the grille is higher on the journey so the last bolt does not connect. Between the 2 bottom bolts and the hoses, it isn't going anywhere.. Sounds awesome.

I filled out the form. After reading through the entire thread, it didn't seem like anyone did it.

I did have the mentioned MOPAR CAI on my Nitro. I love the sucking sound a CAI makes, but for some reason the 3.7 did not do this. But, it did look cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the latest, and last Mopar Accessory Catalog for the DJ. No CAI is listed. To get an accessory now for the DJ, you have to go to the Dealer. They have an Accessory Section in their parts manual. I have always asked for an Accessory Catalog when purchasing a vehicle. When I bought my DJ, I asked for one, and was told that Parts had them. Went to Parts, and was told that they no longer print them. He looked around, and finally found one for me. There is not much in it. There are some available on ebay.

Edited by dhh3

• 8 months later...

I totally think the importance of a CIA in most applications is a visual thing. Now a days engineers know the importance of a free flowing intake and exhaust for power and economy. I have put K&N filters in all my cars, trucks and Harley's for the last 25 years. I really don't know if I realize more power or MPG but its cheaper to run one and clean it annually compared to purchasing a new one yearly. I have had hot rod cars and Harley's with all types of intake systems but think you are throwing money at nothing putting $350.00 into a CIA for a simple family SUV. Spend the money on bigger brakes or something that keeps your family safer.

• 2 months later...

Carritt I did the same thing, and added a bit of sheet metal to make a good seal with the hood when closed. I don't care what anyone else says, I struggled to get more than 17mpg before I put the intake on. Now I consistently get close to 20, and when I went on a long trip mostly highway driving I saw around 27mpg. Just my $0.02.

Carritt, here are some pics. Just a bent piece of sheet metal riveted to the original shield.

Nice, that's kind of how I thought of doing it. But I also thought about having a piece attach by the cowl on top of the grille so the air is guided to the air filter more.

• 1 month later...

OK guys new to the dodge family ive always driven a toyota but i decided to make the jump to dodge and recently purchased a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6L From my understanding of what i read and the couple pictures i saw the K&N 69-2546TS Air Intake that fits on the 2014 Dodge Avenger will fit on the Dodge Journey 3.6L almost identical. AM i correct? Also What do you guys think of the small upgrade in a CAI? Do you guys think its worth it to get the CAI or should i just stick with the K&N air filter?