if you want a cai for your journey please read!

2011sxt

OK guys new to the dodge family ive always driven a toyota but i decided to make the jump to dodge and recently purchased a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6L From my understanding of what i read and the couple pictures i saw the K&N 69-2546TS Air Intake that fits on the 2014 Dodge Avenger will fit on the Dodge Journey 3.6L almost identical. AM i correct? Also What do you guys think of the small upgrade in a CAI? Do you guys think its worth it to get the CAI or should i just stick with the K&N air filter?

Yes it will bolt on the same. The most noticeable part is the sound when you step on it and get it to a higher rpm. I did notice a little better throttle response at the higher rpms but under normal driving you won't notice the minimal gain. Cold air intakes are best paired with other mods, which there aren't many since the journey isn't viewed as a performance vehicle. It's up to you what you feel is worth putting on your vehicle. Your money, your car, your enjoyment.

The Journey already has a cold air intake. Adding a ram air intake just increases the noise but also introduces hot air into the equation that would not be there otherwise. Makes you think you have better throttle response because of the noise. As stated, your car, your money.

• 4 weeks later...