if you want a cai for your journey please read!

2011sxt

Hey guys ok so ive been in contact with K&N for the development of a cai (cold air intake) for are journeys now he said that the reason there is not one is because there is not enough requests for one to be developed so i asked what can be done so he said you have to go to the K&N site and request it be developed so here is the link so we need everyone and anyone to fill these out the more we get the better are chances !

http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2011&mk=DODGE&md=Journey&en=3.6L fill it out and check off the intake systems!

thanks for reading and i hope this works

If u guys really want a CAI, why not just get the mopar CAI? You can have the dealer install it and it will never be blamed for any future problems like non-dealer installed mods. Or at least if it is, you still have the mopar part and dealer install to back u up. If I get a CAI, I'm definitely going mopar even if it costs more up front. I prefer the peace of mind.

Peace.

OK. I stand corrected. I don't know much about CAI systems. The configuration of the 3.6L mopar CAI for the wrangler looks like it would work with the location of the airbox in the journey. Being a mopar part that connects to the same engine that we have in the journey, I would assume that it would bolt on fine. Or, at least bolt on with minimal modification. There may be some limitation that I am unaware of. Not sure. I believe there are folks that have fabricated custom CAI systems for the journey. I think that one could start with the mopar CAI and get it to work easily. I doesn't seem that complicated.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support

Hey guys ok so ive been in contact with K&N for the development of a cai (cold air intake) for are journeys now he said that the reason there is not one is because there is not enough requests for one to be developed so i asked what can be done so he said you have to go to the K&N site and request it be developed so here is the link so we need everyone and anyone to fill these out the more we get the better are chances !

http://www.knfilters...Journey&en=3.6L fill it out and check off the intake systems!

thanks for reading and i hope this works

2011sxt,

I did some research and found the Mopar Cold Air Intake for 2011 - 13 DJs (part# 77060080) which is available in Canada.

Contact your local dealer for pricing and ordering information.

Also, I agree with redtomatoman, let your dealer install it that way you know you're covered if something goes wrong with the part; which by the way, carries a one year unlimited kms warranty.

2011sxt,

I did some research and found the Mopar Cold Air Intake for 2011 - 13 DJs (part# 77060080) which is available in Canada.

Contact your local dealer for pricing and ordering information.

Also, I agree with redtomatoman, let your dealer install it that way you know you're covered if something goes wrong with the part; which by the way, carries a one year unlimited kms warranty.

Thanks. Can you confirm that this is the correct part for the 3.6L ?

The Journey looks to be in the vehicle application list for the Mopar CAI. Part # 77060080

http://www.mopar.com...2206092&b=dodge

...then again it looks like every vehicle they ever made is on that list, doesn't seem right.

Basically every vehicle back to 2001. How can the same part fit all those applications?

I have decided that I don't really need a CAI so I'm a little out of the loop as of late. The K&N CAI systems for similar applications that I saw were anywhere for 250 USD to 300 USD. Cheaper, yes. Reasonable? No. I think the mopar part designation is a set that is sold together and includes parts that may not all be utilized for every application. At least that was my assumption when I was more seriously researching the CAI thing. I'm not sure so a call to your dealer or mopar would be indicated. Even if it doesn't work perfectly, I feel certain that minimal modification would give you the result you're looking for. Anyway, if you want a K&N, they will probably come out with something. You just have to send messages :stats: and wait :waiting: . But the up side of the K&N is that you get a super cool window sticker!! :hysterical2:

Just trying to help those who want a CAI.

Peace.

Sorry for all the posts in a short period of time. I keep thinking about this after I hit Post. Clearly the mopar part mentioned above has an application list that included the DJ. Once the dealer goes to install it, if all the parts are not there, they will be expected to make it work since they are the installer and mopar clearly states it should work for your application. Although I have no crystal ball, the odds are in your favor. How can you the consumer control what mopar claims on its application lists? Anyway, best of luck to anyone who gets a CAI. Post pics. Let us know how it is working. Maybe I'll reconsider.

Peace.

How can you the consumer control what mopar claims on its application lists?

We can't control what they state on their website, what we can do is have a little common sense and know there's a possibility the application guide is in error, and the chance that this one part will fit that many different models is slim to none. How can you say that since it is on their website's application guide that the dealer is expected to do the necessary modification to the part if necessary to make it work? Expected by who? Sergio Marchionne? I'm all for the Mopar CAI it if the fitment is correct, but I'd like some REAL confirmation, you're just a guy giving his opinion.

At least if K&N did manufacture the part we'd all know for sure it would fit, none of this guesswork and guinea piggin'. Since you're trying to convince everyone to go Mopar, maybe you should be the guinea pig.

...The K&N stickers look cool on my toolboxes.

Edited by bamboo510

• 1 year later...

2011sxt,

Hey DCAC,

Mopar identifies the above part as...

2007 - 2009 Dodge Nitro Cold Air Intake CAI 3.7L OEM Mopar 77060080 in Automotive, Parts & Accessories, Car ...

Don't think the part # is correct. Just FYI.

Part #77060048 is the "sorta" correct part - it is for the 3.6l Avenger.

Edited by Rubberdude88

• Official Dodge Support

Hey DCAC,

Mopar identifies the above part as...

2007 - 2009 Dodge Nitro Cold Air Intake CAI 3.7L OEM Mopar 77060080 in Automotive, Parts & Accessories, Car ...

Don't think the part # is correct. Just FYI.

Part #77060048 is the "sorta" correct part - it is for the 3.6l Avenger.

Rubberdude88,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look and if this is the case, I will forward this to the Mopar team for corrections if needed.

Thanks again, good eye !

Why buy a CAI when all cars these days come with them? When they started moving the air filter to the side of the engine bay, they pretty much already installed a CAI for us. Just slap a Mopar sticker on your air filter box and you will have the same thing for a lot less money.

Why buy a CAI when all cars these days come with them? When they started moving the air filter to the side of the engine bay, they pretty much already installed a CAI for us. Just slap a Mopar sticker on your air filter box and you will have the same thing for a lot less money.

You're absolutely correct. Now just swap that paper filter for s K&N mesh filter, and you've got a CAI.

• 2 months later...

I highly recommend getting rid of the stock plastic intake it is incredibly restricting. Although k&n doesn't make a kit for our cars, I got one for a 2013 avenger with the same engine and I love it. Its incredibly docile and quiet until you stick your foot in it, and I do get almost 28 mpg highway and 20 city from my 3.6, which is about 4 mpg improvement. I don't know how to add photos to my post but there is one in my profile. The kit is a k&n typhoon in case anyone is interested. I will record some videos tomorrow if anyone wants to hear it

I highly recommend getting rid of the stock plastic intake it is incredibly restricting. Although k&n doesn't make a kit for our cars, I got one for a 2013 avenger with the same engine and I love it. Its incredibly docile and quiet until you stick your foot in it, and I do get almost 28 mpg highway and 20 city from my 3.6, which is about 4 mpg improvement. I don't know how to add photos to my post but there is one in my profile. The kit is a k&n typhoon in case anyone is interested. I will record some videos tomorrow if anyone wants to hear it

Was it the K&N FIPK intake kit?