I know there is already a thread on this but it was manly centered around 2011 models.

So here I am 2012 journey 1021 miles on it. Yesterday I went to start the vehicle up and the uconnect said connecting then would restart in a infinate loop. Turn the car off and back on and it worked fine.

Now everytime I start it it loads but no audio, turn off the car and turn back on all works.

I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow im pi**ed.

Don't blame you, but with all the electronics in our Journeys there can be many problems. I got my Journey and within 3 months, I was back because my cruise control didn't work. Some little electronic gizwidget in the steering wheel was the culprit and not the cruise control itself. Technology can create as many problems as it solves. I think you just gotta roll with it.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support

I know there is already a thread on this but it was manly centered around 2011 models.

So here I am 2012 journey 1021 miles on it. Yesterday I went to start the vehicle up and the uconnect said connecting then would restart in a infinate loop. Turn the car off and back on and it worked fine.

Now everytime I start it it loads but no audio, turn off the car and turn back on all works.

Blazzin,

There are a couple of different software updates depending on what radio you have. Hopefully the dealer can reflash your unit and it will solve your problem. If not call the Customer Assistance Center and Chrysler will work to get the issue resolved. Numbers below.

800-992-1997 U.S.

800-465-2001 Canada

• Official Dodge Support

They looked at it and decided to order a new 500 dollars radio for it.

They just came out with this TSB. Not sure if it would have cured your problem but I am posting it in case others are searching for information.

NUMBER: 08-032-12

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: May 03, 2012

SUBJECT:

Flash: No Audio From The Radio Caused By The Amplifier Not Communicating

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves re-flashing the Amplifier with updated software.

MODELS:

2011 - 2012 (JC) Journey

2011 - 2012 (LD) Charger

2011 - 2012 (LX) 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC vehicles built prior to **March 30, 2012 (MDH

0330XX)** equipped with 368 Watt Amplifier (sales code RD6).

NOTE: This bulletin applies to LD, LX vehicles built prior to **March 31, 2012 (MDH

0331XX)** equipped with 276 Watt Amplifier (sales code RD7) or 506 Watt

Amplifier (sales code RFD).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may indicate that there is no audio and/or radio is muted. This condition may

be caused by the amplifier not communicating on the bus.

Flashing the amplifier will correct this condition.

Sounds like the exact same problem I had with my DJ 2012. It did what you describe 3 or 4 times then completely went off... The mechanic said that he removed the connections on the rear of the fascia and reconnected, must have been a loose connection he said.

• 1 month later...

I've had my Dodge Journey since February and have had issues with the radio being VERY loud at start up. I took it in to the dealer in April and they didn't have the update disc required to fix it. I was told that it would take a week to get the part in and would be called when it came in. Long story short, they still don't have the disc and can't figure out where it is. The place they order it from says they have shipped it but dealer doesnt have it.

The other problem I have is that if I have sat in the car with the Radio on for a while without running, when I go to restart the car the heat is now on and it is blowing only on the feet. Is it related to he radio issue?

Any suggestions DodgeCares? Frustrated!!!

Edited by agordon

agordon, i had the loud sound problem at start-up. My dealership performed the TSB NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A and it seems to have fixed it. I really got the run around from the dealership at first and Dodge customer helpline was no help at all, if it wasn't for the assistance of DodgeCares, I may not have had my problem fixed.

Funny thing though, I also had the heat blowing on the window (or feet maybe, I don't remember) at start-up but it only ever happened once, in January. The screen was not working and I could not change any heat or ventilation setting, turned off the vehicle and turned it on again couple times,,, no luck, so I slowly started pushing all the buttons on the dash but none of the buttons were responding, then as I was driving to the dealership to get them to look at this problem, I realized I hadn't pushed the CD eject button, i sure didn't think pushing the CD eject would fix the problem of course but I pushed it anyway and it worked! The CD ejected and my 4.3 screen and all the screen controls became operational again... weird. (and no it was not a home made CD)

Had the TSB done in March and neither problem has re-surfaced.

Edited by luv2drive

• Official Dodge Support

I've had my Dodge Journey since February and have had issues with the radio being VERY loud at start up. I took it in to the dealer in April and they didn't have the update disc required to fix it. I was told that it would take a week to get the part in and would be called when it came in. Long story short, they still don't have the disc and can't figure out where it is. The place they order it from says they have shipped it but dealer doesnt have it.

The other problem I have is that if I have sat in the car with the Radio on for a while without running, when I go to restart the car the heat is now on and it is blowing only on the feet. Is it related to he radio issue?

Any suggestions DodgeCares? Frustrated!!!

AGordon,

I would suggest a call to the Chrysler Assistance Center. They can talk to the dealer and get the issue with them recieving the part resolved. They can be reached at one of the numbers below.

800-992-1997 United States

800-465-2001 Canada

• 4 months later...

I just got my 2012 Journey and am have issues with the radio frequencies and speakers. they are telling me there are no updates. its really upset to have a beautiful new car you are paying a lot for and not be able to enjoy your time driving in it.

Has anyone else had these issues?

• 1 year later...

Looking for some help. I have a 2011 journey crew. No sound coming from the radio. I saw on a post by Dodge Cares about a TSB regarding this issue. It seems Dodge has an ongoing problem here. If this is what is needed to correct my radio is this something that would be covered under a recall type issue? My car is out of the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty and i really don't feel like spending $500 for a new radio.

Looking for some help. I have a 2011 journey crew. No sound coming from the radio. I saw on a post by Dodge Cares about a TSB regarding this issue. It seems Dodge has an ongoing problem here. If this is what is needed to correct my radio is this something that would be covered under a recall type issue? My car is out of the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty and i really don't feel like spending $500 for a new radio.

Welcome to the forum. Can't answer your question. Not sure if there was a recall on the issue.

• 10 months later...

I have a 2011 Journey R/T with the same problem. Took it into the dealership today. I was told since the vehicle is past the 3 yr warranty I would have to pay for it. Great, they know they have a faulty product but will not own up to it. Curious to see how much it will cost me.

I have a 2011 Journey R/T with the same problem. Took it into the dealership today. I was told since the vehicle is past the 3 yr warranty I would have to pay for it. Great, they know they have a faulty product but will not own up to it. Curious to see how much it will cost me.

you have the upgraded radio and are experiencing the problem outlined in the TSB?? If so, flashing software should be quick and not cost very much at all... I wouldn't say that they "know they have a faulty product and won't own up to it"... They have created a fix and it isn't required for all vehicles, just some. It sucks yours showed up after the warranty expired, but I don't think it is a conspiracy theory designed to screw you over or anything like that.

you have the upgraded radio and are experiencing the problem outlined in the TSB?? If so, flashing software should be quick and not cost very much at all... I wouldn't say that they "know they have a faulty product and won't own up to it"... They have created a fix and it isn't required for all vehicles, just some. It sucks yours showed up after the warranty expired, but I don't think it is a conspiracy theory designed to screw you over or anything like that.

So you are saying

Unless ALL vehicles require a fix it is not a faulty product. I should be grateful that they created a fix for the non-faulty product and should be happily paying for it and not have some ‘conspiracy theory’ and expecting them to carry the cost for it.

Got you! My apologies.! Thank you for educating me!

Now let’s not waste any more of our time on it and let's go back to our interests.

Come on how can a software issue not be covered regardless of warranty time. A hardware issue such as a physical problem I can see not being covered. Almost all our products laptops etc...get software updates from time to time for "free". maybe novice talked to someone having a bad day ? Try talking to the service manager first, before assuming a cost to the owner is automatic for everyone.

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery? For radio issues, you will need to keep it disconnected at least 1/2 hour. You will not lose any presets; the radio has a small battery to keep them. Try this, and see what you get.

So you are saying

Unless ALL vehicles require a fix it is not a faulty product. I should be grateful that they created a fix for the non-faulty product and should be happily paying for it and not have some ‘conspiracy theory’ and expecting them to carry the cost for it.

Got you! My apologies.! Thank you for educating me!

Now let’s not waste any more of our time on it and let's go back to our interests.

Ha! Wow... Settle down. I was respectful in my post.

I'm saying it's a TSB which is there to help the techs diagnose issues that there is a correction for but may not be easily diagnosed. It's not safety related, so most (if not all) manufacturers are not going to recall over it. Good dealers will usually do these types of things free or highly discounted if you speak to them like a grown up instead having an attitude. With your childish response to my attempt to answer you question, I'm guessing you'll lose your cool long before a productive discussion can be had, so you will likely pay the $95 hourly rate. Good luck with that...

Come on how can a software issue not be covered regardless of warranty time. A hardware issue such as a physical problem I can see not being covered. Almost all our products laptops etc...get software updates from time to time for "free". maybe novice talked to someone having a bad day ? Try talking to the service manager first, before assuming a cost to the owner is automatic for everyone.

Thank you for agreeing that a software issue should not be charged.

The tech was very nice and assured me that he would keep the charge of $168/hr to a minimum. I took a print out of the TSB with me and told him that I believe that this most likely would be the problem. The tech was very nice and assured me that he would keep the charge of $168/hr to a minimum. I have to wait to see if this was indeed the problem before I take it up the chain.

Ha! Wow... Settle down. I was respectful in my post.

I'm saying it's a TSB which is there to help the techs diagnose issues that there is a correction for but may not be easily diagnosed. It's not safety related, so most (if not all) manufacturers are not going to recall over it. Good dealers will usually do these types of things free or highly discounted if you speak to them like a grown up instead having an attitude. With your childish response to my attempt to answer you question, I'm guessing you'll lose your cool long before a productive discussion can be had, so you will likely pay the $95 hourly rate. Good luck with that...

And your response accusing me of having a ‘conspiracy theory designed to screw you over’ is respectful and level headed?

Who is calling the kettle black!

It sucks yours showed up after the warranty expired, but I don't think it is a conspiracy theory designed to screw you over or anything like that.

And your response accusing me of having a ‘conspiracy theory designed to screw you over’ is respectful and level headed?

Who is calling the kettle black!

If you actually read what I posted, I never "accused" you of anything... In fact, I stated that it sucks that is happened. Instead of having a hissy fit like a little kid, grow up and have a productive conversation. Get over yourself.

The tech had phoned me to let me know that the problem was what I thought and that the charge was $156. I asked if the service manager was in as I would like to talk to him when I pick up the car. After a brief conversation with the tech where I asked him if they would think it was fair if Microsoft would charge them for every time an updated needed to be done. When I got there 20 minutes later the tech already had talked to the manager and the charge was waved as a onetime good will gesture.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction with your constructive post.